• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Phone+ would actually be a pretty neat name. "+" could be Google's "i."

tumblr_li5s1ymTD61qcbhpo.jpg

giga

They should honestly kill "Android" -- both the OS and name -- and rename Chrome OS to Google+ and run that on phones. It would sell gangbusters. That's what everyone really wants.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
They should honestly kill "Android" -- both the OS and name -- and rename Chrome OS to Google+ and run that on phones. It would sell gangbusters. That's what everyone really wants.

giga finally gets it.
AMzq9lr.gif

Honestly that's 100% what I want to happen. Except the renaming, that's just dumb.

mturco

Are you kidding me? Yes, let's kill off an OS that was made for phones and convert an OS that's essentially just a browser (made to be used with a mouse). Makes perfect sense.

And not even most Android fanatics want that, let alone most Android users (who don't even know what Android or Chrome OS is). If anything, Chrome OS needs to become more like Android.

Switch to Windows Phone app is here. Goes great with this phone.

Are you thinking about switching to Windows Phone and want a convenient way to migrate your app experiences over? Look no further, Windows Phone has an app for that!
Use Switch to Windows Phone to see how many of your Android apps are available on Windows Phone. Just run Switch to Windows Phone on your Android, and this app will check to see if your installed apps are available in the Windows Phone Store. It’s that easy.
Then (if you choose) Switch to Windows Phone can save your results so you can retrieve them later on your new Windows Phone and install the apps. You don’t need to remember every app you had on your Android, and you download only the apps you want.
Features:
• Scan the installed apps on your phone
• Find the Windows Phone equivalents
• Save the personalized match results to retrieve later on your Windows Phone

Pctx

Banned
The most realistic x phone mock up I've seen, combines that leaked motorola phone with their past designs:
God dammit you people.... I will release a mock up that is closer to the final design... Everything I've seen thus far is shit compared to the real deal.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
The new Play Store was finally pushed on to my phone. I really like it, it's more aesthetically pleasing, and I like how they went back to the green and white theme.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
New Editoral post over at Android Police, funny read.

[Editorial] Stop Making Crap Up And Then Whining About It

Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? The year was 2012, the Galaxy S III and the HTC One X were still new, and some jerk on the internet suggested that maybe it's cool if people started appreciating their amazing phones instead of complaining about how their device wasn't revolutionary.

In the time since then, certain segments of the tech community have opted to go in the other direction. Rather than accept that smartphones are incredible and that the wow-factor comes from using them instead of hyped up tech events, some people believe that the next revolution is just right around the corner. Which, you know, is true. Technically. That's the thing about technology: it keeps getting better and continues to wow us.

But then...they started giving it names.

TxdoHawk

i bet Babel will require Google+

This article has a screenshot that supposedly shows that you'll need to connect a G+ account to share photos. It calls itself Google Talk, though, and everything else has specifically been called Babel. Something doesn't quite add up, although I've heard theories that Babel is the code name and everything will be brought in under the Google Talk banner at launch.

The most realistic x phone mock up I've seen, combines that leaked motorola phone with their past designs:

Bleh at those weird tapered edges. Do not want.

Toki767

So I'm thinking of installing CM 10.1 or some other AOSP/AOKP rom to my GS3. Are things like bluetooth, bad wifi connections, bad call quality still around? The bugs that were around in CM 10 which I think was the last time I used a custom rom.

ScOULaris

So I'm thinking of installing CM 10.1 or some other AOSP/AOKP rom to my GS3. Are things like bluetooth, bad wifi connections, bad call quality still around? The bugs that were around in CM 10 which I think was the last time I used a custom rom.
Install the M2 build for CM10.1. It's pretty much perfect on the s3. All of the releases that came afterward are using a newer kernel that still has some annoying issues and worse performance as well. M2 with the Ondemand governor and ROW scheduler is very smooth, stable, and has great battery life. I've had literally no issues whatsoever with it.

Groof

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/1/4289020/htc-m4-specs-image-release-date-rumor-leak

According to prolific phone leaker Evleaks, the device is codenamed "M4" and will feature a 4.3-inch 720p display, an "UltraPixel" camera similar to the HTC One's, a dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, Android 4.2, and LTE connectivity.

If this happens I believe it can become quite popular. The demand for a smaller, higher end Android phone is huge and this would be pretty just that.

Nicktendo86

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/1/4289020/htc-m4-specs-image-release-date-rumor-leak

According to prolific phone leaker Evleaks, the device is codenamed "M4" and will feature a 4.3-inch 720p display, an "UltraPixel" camera similar to the HTC One's, a dual-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, Android 4.2, and LTE connectivity.

My girlfriend desperately needs a new phone but she hates large screens, she wants an iPhone 5 and I have been trying to find Andoid alternatives. This might do the trick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom