• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoxPop

Oh god that "X" phone looks horrible. Up there in terms of worst design with the S3/4 and Razr. Is that supposed to be the new Nexus or something else altogether?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Oh god that "X" phone looks horrible. Up there in terms of worst design with the S3/4 and Razr. Is that supposed to be the new Nexus or something else altogether?

Something else. Nexus 5 is supposedly for October (like the past couple Nexii have been.) X Phone is purportedly a "Google influenced" Motorola phone, their first completely designed and made from the ground up since Google bought them. "Google influence" still seems to mean "skinned, but as light a skin as possible, and fast updates, but not as fast as Nexuses." The main feature seems to be extreme customizability.

no one knows what the x phone looks like, just a bunch of random ass mock ups. Only thing we know is apparently small bezels, will not be a BIG phone, and it will be able to be customized in some way. Will also run something very close to stock.

gcubed

Something else. Nexus 5 is supposedly for October (like the past couple Nexii have been.) X Phone is purportedly a "Google influenced" Motorola phone, their first completely designed and made from the ground up since Google bought them. "Google influence" still seems to mean "skinned, but as light a skin as possible, and fast updates, but not as fast as Nexuses." The main feature seems to be extreme customizability.

no skin, it's been stated its stock android. (officially stated at some point i think) Amazingly someone heard our ideas... in a world of skins, stock android WOULD be a differentiation.

Rumor was stock but updates handled by Motorola, but maybe with the delay, it'll be a nexus

Groof

Gonna try the official Twitter app out for a bit instead of Falcon. They seem to have gotten their shit together.

Gonna try the official Twitter app out for a bit instead of Falcon. They seem to have gotten their shit together.

Official app works great for me. I got suckered into Tweetbot for iOS back when I had my iphone. What a waste of money. Did nothing the official one didn't do as far as basic use.

Toki767

Of all the major apps that I can think of, it's pretty much just Facebook that persists. Heck it's only been 18 months since Ice Cream Sandwich introduced the action overflow. Can they make it 2 years?

I don't think Facebook is in a rush to use the Holo UI. They seem to like all of their apps looking the same.

Blackhead

Redarse

Official app works great for me. I got suckered into Tweetbot for iOS back when I had my iphone. What a waste of money. Did nothing the official one didn't do as far as basic use.

Twitter 's notifications still suck -- won't even show the full text. And the widget is useless. But at least I can't say the app is an embarrassment anymore.

Two friends of mine and The Verge.

Actually every man and his dog are praising the battery life. The verge were the first to churn out a review and got it way wrong. Check out the other tons of reviews for a better analysis, specifically gsmarena as it compares all phones very well against each other.

buhdeh

I don't think Facebook is in a rush to use the Holo UI. They seem to like all of their apps looking the same.

Too bad it's still shit. The polish on the iOS app is so much better than the Android turd they pushed out, it's not even funny.

It honestly makes me want to use Facebook less than I already do.

giga

Too bad it's still shit. The polish on the iOS app is so much better than the Android turd they pushed out, it's not even funny.

It honestly makes me want to use Facebook less than I already do.
Is it any wonder? It's Java.

This wouldn't be a problem if Android was built from web technologies, like Chrome OS.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
verizon hasn't released shit all year: http://www.droid-life.com/2013/05/0...eleased-a-single-decent-smartphone-this-year/

and they're the biggest carrier in murrica

They're waiting for the Nexus 4 LTE.
LtNDbKz.png

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
It's been a slow year, it seems for all carriers

...unless you're At&t, and release nearly every gsm device on earth

It's been a slow year, it seems for all carriers

...unless you're At&t, and release nearly every gsm device on earth
well every other carrier got the S4 and HTC One...verizon has neither as of now lol.

thank gadsss just about every carrier in canada is rocking GSM.

Groof

I feel spiteful this morning, so I just wanted to say that I really fucking hate physical home buttons. Horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom