• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine fine fine. I'm tired of BSing. Here is by far the most realistic expectations for the x/nexus phone:

yP28joO.png

Chinner

Banned
ive heard that, supposedly, the x phone has actually got steve jobs brain in it. its the only phone that is capable of thinking different.

Instead of reaping the rewards of putting out a lovely new flagship, HTC has just reported its lowest ever profit -- a mere $2.8 million in unaudited net income -- during the first three months of this year. That compares to $173 million in the same quarter of last year, representing a pretty catastrophic fall of around 98 percent. Underlying revenue dropped by a third to $1.4 billion. The reason? The top-end smartphone on which the company's fortunes currently rest, the HTC One, mostly missed its scheduled global arrival date in March due to manufacturing delays, so it effectively didn't exist during the period in question. It has only just become available to pre-order in the US and won't start shipping to customers until April 19th. At this rate, the HTC First -- the manufacturer's second big announcement of the year -- might actually deserve its name.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/08/htc-financials-q1-2013/

GB and JB 4.1 seem like the XP and 7 of the Android world. It will really take some work by Google to shift all of those GB people onto something else now. Newer versions have been out for what, two years now? Yeah, those guys are on GB until their phones crap out and they get new ones.

4.1 is another that I feel is going to be hard to shift, so many phones coming out right now ship with 4.1.2 instead of 4.2.2 even though the 4.2.2 PDK has been out for 9 months. The only major device launching with 4.2.2 on board is the GS4. Sony are stupidly sitting on their 4.2.2 update for Z/ZL and the rest of their phones are supposedly skipping it completely. I don't know what's going on with HTC, but I guess Sense 5 is not easy to integrate into the new PDK or 4.2.2 would already be out and LG just always seem to be three steps behind. That's just the flagships, and even Samsung are launching mid-rangers on 4.1.2 with no promise of an update beyond that.

I really think that Android as an OS feels "finished" with 4.1.2 so OEMs are able to ship it and give minimal software support. I just updated my sister's Xperia P from 4.0.4 to 4.1.2 and it really does feel like a whole new device, even the battery life is better according to her. She will be happy with this update and won't care about 4.2.2 for it so Sony are naturally not going to bother with 4.2.2. After using 4.1.2 people just don't care for updates because there are no serious performance, battery drain or usability issues with it like there were for previous versions.

pgtl_10

Is there a way I could sync my Nokia X3 with Nexus 7? I would like to download a song on my Nexus 7 and then transfer it to my phone.

Talon

haha, i didn't even get that far.

if that was 32gb memory, 2gb RAM it would be more realistic, but still out there.

If they can somehow fit a 5000mah battery in the phone, i'd be lined up waiting to buy one
They can. If you want to carry around something as thick as the Atrix.

I have our live demo unit of the S4 in my hands right now, and it DOES feel solid, it may look cheap at times, but it certainly doesn't feel that way. It's nicely weighted with the battery in it, and the fact that its mainly screen really does help it look like a higher end phone.

Groof

I'd say the S4 feels better than the S3 and Note 2 in the hand, but that's probably due to the form factor if anything. The buttons being beveled probably helps too. But glossy plastic is the devil and should be destroyed. Especially Samsung plastic.

gcubed

in a world comparing samsung phones to samsung phones maybe, but the plastic they use, while being durable, is way too smooth and slippery.

Also, the GS4 is apparently pretty low in durability re: drop tests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom