• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pctx

Banned
In the end how it looks doesn't matter much. It's the software and specs that will determine if it's worth owning. Big battery, solid camera, solid screen, not a huge phone.

Those things and I'm dizzzown.

I doubt it. I'll have a dual core processor with 2100mAH battery and 720p screen and an 8mp camera... just admit it.

Zapages

I don't know why, but Galaxy S2 is randomly rebooting whenever I use it for browsing websites switching on wifi/4G, starting a flash video (youtube), or even when going to check my messages. I have no clue and the battery drains.

It has not been rooted or anything like that. I use Launcher EX on it though. But still it never happened before and its starting to annoy me.

What should I do guys?

PS: I am on ATT.

Honestly if this xphone doesn't match gs4 or htc1 specs I'm out. Gonna get that note 3. My upgrade is in December....

Now that IR ports are back I want in on that lol

PhoneArena (I know) has more information from their source, why not post it:

However, our source says that the rear panel pictured is the device itself, and not the case. It is said to be made of polycarbonate, not metal or even Motorola's traditional Kevlar.
And, even better news for you all: last time we heard from our source, it was for the disappointing news that the X Phone's release had possibly slipped to August or later; but in fact, the device is still scheduled for release in early July, so we may not have to wait to see the real thing. When we do see it, it should be packing 32GB of storage, and 2GB of RAM. The prototype has a 720p screen, but the final version is planned to have 1080p. Our source can't confirm the screen size, but said it looks to be around 4.7".

It will be running close to stock Android with no MotoBlur, but will have a few Motorola customizations including in power management. And, as we confirmed before, it will come in a choice of over 20 colors.

buhdeh

I wouldn't even be surprised if that were the actual back of the device. Motorola is the only company that would build something that tacky.

Using my Nexus 10 kind of makes me think 32GB would be enough...but I don't use my Nexus 10 nearly as much as my phone so I'm still a little cautious

tino

Banned
I wouldn't even be surprised if that were the actual back of the device. Motorola is the only company that would build something that tacky.

It will upseat the current king, K900.

lenovo-k900-back.jpg

sooooooooooooooo....

Android Jellybean 4.1.2 now available for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note via Kies. yes, the original Galaxy Note. on AT&T. nice!

and in bigger news... Google Play coming to Nook HD and Nook HD+

"We saw coming off holiday the market moved to multifunction tablets. Consumer research showed us the breadth of applications available is really critical."

The update will be a standard automatic over-the-air affair, and will include plenty of other Google services as well. Confirmed are Chrome browser, Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps and Google Play Music.
a little less fragmentation a little more google

Hi Android-GAF! Just checking in on the Beijing free airport WiFi. I have to say that China is many things but what they really have is amazing cell network coverage like everywhere. I was on a boat in the middle of the Yangtze River for 3 days and I had signal with China Unicom (one of the 3 Chinese mobile carriers) while I was in the Three Gorges. This was merely one of the random places I was at where my Note II worked. The good news is that US model Note IIs work just fine as world phones. The bad news is I bought the cheapest China Unicom SIM I could and so I didn't even have 3G data. I was using EDGE for 2 weeks, ugh.

Samsung is like their last saviour.

TIME IS RUNNING OUTFOLKSSS.

Yes, because Samsung has suddenly decided after becoming the world's biggest seller of mobile phones after starting from zero smartphones sold just 4 years ago that their strategy has been all wrong and will decide to completely reverse course and follow the copy Apple route that has left HTC and Motorola in eleventy-billionth place in the market! You should totally be in charge of Samsung Electronics with your business genius!

VoxPop

Yes, because Samsung has suddenly decided after becoming the world's biggest seller of mobile phones after starting from zero smartphones sold just 4 years ago that their strategy has been all wrong and will decide to completely reverse course and follow the copy Apple route that has left HTC and Motorola in eleventy-billionth place in the market! You should totally be in charge of Samsung Electronics with your business genius!

I highly doubt removable battery and microSD are pure deciding factors. The majority of casuals don't give a crap about those things. I love how you mentioned the "copy Apple route" when Samsung is the biggest culprit. Hell it might even be the biggest reason to their success.

crumbs

Zero smartphones? Was the Blackjack that bad?

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It's an entirely new login screen for Gmail.

Old/current one:

gmail-login-page.png

Seems they're not trying to push Gmail on its features anymore as enough people probably know what they are and what Gmail is. Now they're pushing the mobile app more.

SimleuqiR

It's an entirely new login screen for Gmail.

Old/current one:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Zo_I5u8GXoE/UYLEHcOFS-I/AAAAAAABJHA/zh1LKEiaYLc/s800/gmail-login-page.png

Seems they're not trying to push Gmail on its features anymore as enough people probably know what they are and what Gmail is. Now they're pushing the mobile app more.

I would say the Gmail sign-in page is big real estate space for advertizing. Might as well use it to push your other services, since they can't even list those in their own search results anymore (or at least without a disclaimer).

KAL2006

Banned
Just upgraded from a iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S3. This is my first Android phone. I have 2 questions.

1. What are the biggest advatages of rooting and is it worth it
2. I may root my S3, but it also needs unlocking to all networks, does rooting do this too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom