• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturco

Anyone know why my Google Now/Google Search isn't giving me back voice results? It was working before but when I try it now, it just Google searches it and that's it.

Check this setting (in Google Now):

Settings -> Voice -> Speech output

buhdeh

Is Cerberus still the best anti-theft app? Does the remote wipe only wipe files or does it completely reset the phone (wipes all accounts and such)

ty_hot

Guys, quick question: I am about to buy one Xperia S, but seller in eBay says its locked to some UK provider. Is it hard to 'unlock' it to other providers around the globe? Just by isntalling a custom firmware in it i would be able to use other sim cards or no?

Guys, quick question: I am about to buy one Xperia S, but seller in eBay says its locked to some UK provider. Is it hard to 'unlock' it to other providers around the globe? Just by isntalling a custom firmware in it i would be able to use other sim cards or no?
No it won't carrier unlocking is a seperate process, Google around and see how easy it is with the xperia s. Is it not now illegal to carrier unlock in the US?

ty_hot

No it won't carrier unlocking is a seperate process, Google around and see how easy it is with the xperia s. Is it not now illegal to carrier unlock in the US?

I googled and it seems to be really easy. Some sites sell codes so I might give them a try, they seem to work.

And I am in Brazil and will probably buy my phone for my stay in Hungary, so I am not sure about US laws.

Here in Brazil all carriers have to unlock all phone since 2010, for free. It all started when one of the carriers (Oi) started ads tlakinga bout this (they were the first ones to sell only unlocked phones)

Funny ad (in portuguese)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9oZzsTAz2I

it says sometihng like

your phone is ours, you bought it but its ours
we lock the phone so that other sim don't work

Who loves, locks! (chorus)

then the guy say 'if locked phones were good, carriers would advertise them like this.'

vulva

Got an oppo x909.i. I love it so much. Getting close to 2 days of battery life. This thing has such a nice design too. I got the white one

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
In which we talk about concept renders with TouchWiz:

nexus-plus-0.png

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...e-future-with-dual-stereo-speakers_id42681#3-

VoxPop

Droid Life just tweeted this image

OXL6giH.jpg

They think it's fake, though.

hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Cool. Is this the KLP preview? Or just their attempt at game center or their attempt at making actual games for Android?

Would be an awesome phone aside from that god awful Touchwiz typography and that weird bloody fingerprint up top. Looks way better than the GNEX and NEX4. Too bad Motorola can't make anything like that.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Cool. Is this the KLP preview? Or just their attempt at game center or their attempt at making actual games for Android?

It's supposedly an invite to the 3-hour long Google I/O keynote.

I'll have to make a note to get there at 8, want a good seat. :)

Groof

Yo... their game center to be called Google Playground? The word is capitalised, after all.
The Android heads also look like game controllers.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm expecting this to be the year they stop giving stuff away, lol. That's just how it would work out for me. :p

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I'm willing to bet you the stuff they give away that it won't be.

Hopes-are-too-high Tier:

- Google Glass (omfg)
- Chromebook Pixel (omfgggg)

Reality Tier:

- Samsung Chromebook (ARM) Refresh (already have the OG model)
- Nexus 7 Refresh (already have the OG model)
- Nexus 4 LTE (actually would come in pretty handy as my GN 4G is getting pretty bad)

Worst-case Tier:

- Nexus Q2 (although, if it was just a Google TV Nexus, it'd be pretty awesome)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
If you get a pixel you'll be the luckiest sumbitch alive. Also take pictures of it.

I'll probably be dry humping it the whole conference, lol. Such an amazing looking piece of hardware with incredible specs... that's double the price I would actually pay for it. :p

Groof

I'll probably be dry humping it the whole conference, lol. Such an amazing looking piece of hardware with incredible specs... that's double the price I would actually pay for it. :p

Yeah... if it was $600-700 I'd consider it, but damn if it ain't pretty.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
A pixel I can see, but no way would they give out glass.

Yeah. :(

I'd be more hopeful but they did make last year's attendees pay $1500, and the recent explorers too. I don't think Google wants to slap those people in the face by giving it away so soon, even if it only costs $300-400 to make like it supposedly does.

VoxPop

Hopes-are-too-high Tier:

- Google Glass (omfg)
- Chromebook Pixel (omfgggg)

Reality Tier:

- Samsung Chromebook (ARM) Refresh (already have the OG model)
- Nexus 7 Refresh (already have the OG model)
- Nexus 4 LTE (actually would come in pretty handy as my GN 4G is getting pretty bad)

Worst-case Tier:

- Nexus Q2 (although, if it was just a Google TV Nexus, it'd be pretty awesome)

I would much rather have Google Glass than Pixel. Unless they found a way to get Windows on that bad boy.

PriitV

Every passing day I get more excited about the N7 refresh.. then I remember the hassle which was importing N4 from UK to Estonia... oh man.

Sup GAF?

I need some help regarding purchasing a tablet for my mother.

She wants a kindle fire. Are these things good? Should I get the fire or the fire HD? Do either of them have expandable storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom