• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
#GameChanger

Vivo Xplay boasts 5.7-inch 1080p screen, dedicated audio chips and nifty single-hand mode (video)

For one, to solve the ergonomic issue, the Xplay comes with a single-hand mode dubbed "Free Touch." Shake the phone sideways twice and you'll get a small window mirroring the current screen in your preferred lower corner (as pictured below) in real-time, which lets you tap your desired spot or scroll the web page with your holding thumb. What's more, you can also set your preferred window size to suit your tastes.

dWEkmRU.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Clever ways of manipulating a big screen rather than just complaining that big screens are unusable. Nice.

"Want Advanced Play Store Filtering (Such As Seeing Just Paid Apps) And Adding Your Own eBooks Into Play Books? Do This Now"

You see, there is a little-known official channel with current top suggestions for Play Store-related features called Suggest a feature for Google Play. You can suggest your own ideas at the bottom, but it also contains a curated list of current top suggestions you can vote for by clicking Suggest it (I think it's a little ambiguous to have a Suggest it button in a list of existing suggestions - it should probably be called Vote for it).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm still down if we get Babel, Gmail, and Game Center.

Game Center as well as the new Audio shit could be a big coup for Google and Android in general. It specifically goes after the two main areas that iOS dominates Android on. This would be Google directly attacking both of those fronts.

I figure they'll wanna be like Apple and save a lot of the actual hardware stuff for a separate unveiling. This will probably be almost purely software ala what WWDC has become for Apple.

If we were going to get Nexus refreshes (other than whatever we want to deem the Xfone) we'd have gotten leaks already. Sources were already saying don't look for a new Nexus 7 till July which means this would be a really early unveiling if that were true.

At anyrate I'm pumped. I'm down for new Gmail, realllllllly excited about the supposed new audio stack, and cautiously optimistic that game center could be the real deal.

Pctx

Banned
I'm still down if we get Babel, Gmail, and Game Center.

Game Center as well as the new Audio shit could be a big coup for Google and Android in general. It specifically goes after the two main areas that iOS dominates Android on. This would be Google directly attacking both of those fronts.

I figure they'll wanna be like Apple and save a lot of the actual hardware stuff for a separate unveiling. This will probably be almost purely software ala what WWDC has become for Apple.

If we were going to get Nexus refreshes (other than whatever we want to deem the Xfone) we'd have gotten leaks already. Sources were already saying don't look for a new Nexus 7 till July which means this would be a really early unveiling if that were true.

At anyrate I'm pumped. I'm down for new Gmail, realllllllly excited about the supposed new audio stack, and cautiously optimistic that game center could be the real deal.

Whats the audio stuff? Hadn't heard anything about that.

Vanillalite

Whats the audio stuff? Hadn't heard anything about that.

That's cause non sexy hardware news gets little coverage.

If you look at the sessions they have some about audio and specifically mention showing of progress.

Most people speculate it's to solve the audio latency problem. Having that java layer over the kernel hurts when doing things like music production apps.

Vanillalite

So the iPad mini refresh rumors have started. Wonder how much longer till we get new Nexus 7 rumors.

One thing I don't get about the new mini rumor is they expect 2 different devices in a span of less than a year? I have no doubt we'll get a new retina mini, but no way are we getting two.

I hope the new Nexus 7 takes some iPad mini design cues.

So the iPad mini refresh rumors have started. Wonder how much longer till we get new Nexus 7 rumors.

One thing I don't get about the new mini rumor is they expect 2 different devices in a span of less than a year? I have no doubt we'll get a new retina mini, but no way are we getting two.

I hope the new Nexus 7 takes some iPad mini design cues.

Wasn't the other rumor about the current mini being pushed down to $199?

Alright. So I recently got a Droid DNA, and have enjoyed it. But I've been having a problem with Google Voice. Mainly it doesn't recognize certain names of locations, especially those with Native American origins, instead breaking them down to smaller words that fit phonetically.

Really annoying. How can I fix this?

Alright. So I recently got a Droid DNA, and have enjoyed it. But I've been having a problem with Google Voice. Mainly it doesn't recognize certain names of locations, especially those with Native American origins, instead breaking them down to smaller words that fit phonetically.

Really annoying. How can I fix this?
MpTiAs2.jpg

aka I have no idea

Hieberrr

God damn, I love small dock icons :O~ I decided to play around with the dock icon size and I'm really starting to like it. Also, I began using Feedly again (especially for the widgets) and I love it. Too bad it doesn't have offline sync like Currents.

Groof

God damn, I love small dock icons :O~ I decided to play around with the dock icon size and I'm really starting to like it. Also, I began using Feedly again (especially for the widgets) and I love it. Too bad it doesn't have offline sync like Currents.

There's uh... there's some empty space there... between the messaging icon and app tray icon... I don't know if you noticed, but uh... it is bothering me so, so very much. uhuhgghghghhhgh

Oh and as for the I/O rumours, I'm all fucking in. I'm hyped as all shit and think it's gonna be great. Would like a Nexus 7 refresh though, at the very least.

Quasar

So any experienced Nexus 4 / Windows users around?

I've had one for several mnths (my major complaint is headphone volume) but I simply cannot get it to tether with my Windows machine. I cannot get the right drivers to install so I can tether my phone to my PC to transfer media or whatever.

Hieberrr

There's uh... there's some empty space there... between the messaging icon and app tray icon... I don't know if you noticed, but uh... it is bothering me so, so very much. uhuhgghghghhhgh

Oh and as for the I/O rumours, I'm all fucking in. I'm hyped as all shit and think it's gonna be great. Would like a Nexus 7 refresh though, at the very least.
Haha yeah, it does looks little weird. I changed it from 6 to 7dock icons now, so the space is more prominent And makes it less...noticeable somehow LOL. :p

Damn that's nice. You should use this icon set. It'd look really good with your setup.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unseenvision.mnml
I9ses7JJkwmplyOy4BMKXTurVeceABC98vvog1_MADdAkJA7myxOwb88DelGV4oxlHs=w705

Thanks guys, I'll give these a whirl. I'm getting tired of not having uniform icon sizes with stock :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom