• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

mturco

Yeah no problem. I've been using them on my Nexus 10 and they're really nice. I like that they're exactly like the actual icons, just flat. Wish there was a Plex icon though.

Fatalah

I wiped my phone yesterday, and went through the tedious process of re-configuring my apps and their settings.

To my surprise, TuneIn Radio was the only app that remembered my preferences. Is this a benefit of app developers using Google sign-in?

I wiped my phone yesterday, and went through the tedious process of re-configuring my apps and their settings.

To my surprise, TuneIn Radio was the only app that remembered my preferences. Is this a benefit of app developers using Google sign-in?
It's not Google sign-in; it's a backup service that Android offers built in to the system, but almost no one takes effing advantage of.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/backup.html

It's extremely annoying. This is one of those cases where if Apple were in charge, they'd be ok with forcing devs to use this, and it might provide a better experience for users.

Fatalah

It's not Google sign-in; it's a backup service that Android offers built in to the system, but almost no one takes effing advantage of.

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/data/backup.html

It's extremely annoying. This is one of those cases where if Apple were in charge, they'd be ok with forcing devs to use this, and it might provide a better experience for users.

I absolutely love this service, Google should take charge and enforce it!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Well if you turn off home you have a stock experience so it's a solid jelly bean phone with LTE.

I'm not saying any of us would buy it, but there are worse choices out there.

ZetaEpyon

God damn, I love small dock icons :O~ I decided to play around with the dock icon size and I'm really starting to like it. Also, I began using Feedly again (especially for the widgets) and I love it. Too bad it doesn't have offline sync like Currents.

What list widget is that in the third screen??

buhdeh

Well if you turn off home you have a stock experience so it's a solid jelly bean phone with LTE.

I'm not saying any of us would buy it, but there are worse choices out there.

Yeah, I'd definitely take it over all the garbage ass Galaxy S Ace, Desire C, Xperia go phones.

buhdeh

How could it be a release candidate? All of the nightlies as of late (for the Galaxy S3, anyway) have been borked in one way or another. M2 was the last stable, smooth build for me.

I don't think CM or any AOSP ROM will ever be *actually* stable on any phone besides a Nexus.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
i want this damn thing to legitimately leak to stop mucking up this beautiful thread
Yeah, it's getting to be annoying and distracting. Let's talk more about how Hangouts will incorporate SMS.

buhdeh

Let's go back to Samsung:

Can you guys believe that the home button lag (due to S Voice) is still there on the GS4? What a huge piece of crap!

PriitV

Can you guys believe that the home button lag (due to S Voice) is still there on the GS4? What a huge piece of crap!

Waaait, they kept the S-Voice on S4? Have they made it better or is it still the same POS as before?

Mobilesyrup.com just posted that the S4 is already getting a software update in the next few days to help with some issues.

WHERE'S MY UPDATE HTC???

why would it not be there? it has to wait for the second press to know if you want S Voice or not.

Mobilesyrup.com just posted that the S4 is already getting a software update in the next few days to help with some issues.

WHERE'S MY UPDATE HTC???

the difference is the S4 was rushed so the retail units aren't on a proper stable release yet.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
or you could get a Nexus 4 off contract

Like I said when it was announced, the Nexus 4 changed the game. It's hard to have a discussion on any phone when we're talking off contract. It's not even close and it probably won't be until the Nexus 5 comes out. It was the biggest surprise and the best feature of the phone.

Like I said when it was announced, the Nexus 4 changed the game. It's hard to have a discussion on any phone when we're talking off contract. It's not even close and it probably won't be until the Nexus 5 comes out. It was the biggest surprise and the best feature of the phone.

if only T-Mobile had better coverage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom