• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
X FON MORE LIKE X LOL!

Not surprised if Google have cancelled it, just the next stage in Google's shut down of Motorola. They just wanted the patents. That's all it ever was.

%E8%9E%A2%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2013-05-09-%E4%B8%8B%E5%8D%8810.26.50-665x362.png

That amazing Tegra 4 performance.

Google may have given up on XFON project because it lacked innovation/new technology. If you believe this analyst. To be clear, the analyst says it's not ditched, just google is going back to the drawing board.

http://gsminsider.com/2013/05/09/google-gives-up-x-phone-project/

ahhahahahaahahahaaa

Did a 5 year old write this story?

This is why Google no longer interested in it and returned it to Motorola for further development.

Keep in mind that the X Phone is going to stop there. The X Phone is definitely on its way to the market soon.

Whaaaat?

Fatalah

Google may have given up on XFON project because it lacked innovation/new technology. If you believe this analyst. To be clear, the analyst says it's not ditched, just google is going back to the drawing board.

http://gsminsider.com/2013/05/09/google-gives-up-x-phone-project/

ahhahahahaahahahaaa

You're a horrible person pctx!

Did a 5 year old write this story?

Looks like the original story was written in Chinese, and badly translated.

Goodbye sweet pctx, goodbye.

tumblr_kpeoxljus31qzfkqqo1_500.jpg

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
S3, Note 2 or Nexus 4?

What's the best? (T-Mobile/Wind Mobile version of the Samsung ones)

Note by a kabillion

---------------------------------------

evleaks: Samsung Galaxy S4 Active coming to AT&T under model number SGH-I537; Entry-level, WVGA Samsung 'Zest' also to AT&T, as SGH-I217

Quasar

So with Google about to announce their whole game service thing, I'm wondering just what people would even want from such a thing. Just a complete clone of Steam? A deal with Valve for actual Steam for android?

I have no real idea. Game Centre on iOS seems not terribly useful.

iavi

You know, I'm not really convinced of the utility of LTE in a phone. Or rather I don't see where I'd need more than 5 megabits in such a device, except when I'm tethering a tablet or PC to it.

With data caps the way they are, I agree.

You know, I'm not really convinced of the utility of LTE in a phone. Or rather I don't see where I'd need more than 5 megabits in such a device, except when I'm tethering a tablet or PC to it.
websites load a lot faster, videos play amazing and at high quality, it's just a pleasure to use when out and about.

Going this year is my first using an LTE phone and the difference is significant for me, as someone who uses the internet on their phone a lot. Don't think I've ever come close to using my 6gb of data.

Talon

You say that, but you really get used to how instantaneously your phone retrieves web pages, refreshes, etc.

You say that, but you really get used to how instantaneously your phone retrieves web pages, refreshes, etc.
word, there's something to be said about everything being instant on a phone. We're almost there but I love opening an app and having it load up instantly, loading up a web page instantly, a video instantly buffering. It's magnificent. Don't even get me started on uploading things to dropbox or drive with LTE. Soooooo much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom