• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

websites load a lot faster, videos play amazing and at high quality, it's just a pleasure to use when out and about.

Going this year is my first using an LTE phone and the difference is significant for me, as someone who uses the internet on their phone a lot. Don't think I've ever come close to using my 6gb of data.

Well part of it for me is how small screens make me not want to do things where it would be useful. So I really don't have any interest in watching videos for instance. Even reading books is not something I want to do on a phone. LTE on a table sure. I'd love that.

Then again with I guess the future being 6" phone screens maybe I'll feel a bit different.

websites load a lot faster, videos play amazing and at high quality, it's just a pleasure to use when out and about.

Going this year is my first using an LTE phone and the difference is significant for me, as someone who uses the internet on their phone a lot. Don't think I've ever come close to using my 6gb of data.

i did 8.4GB in March!

PriitV

new deets on the new nexus 7 http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-7-android-4-3-jelly-bean-snapdragon-s4-pro-206454/

except I've heard that it will be running the s800. Hey I can have sources too you know. But yeah I'm actually serious. Not confirmed or anything but I've heard it from more than one.
Can't really believe they would reduce the battery size by ~300mAh..

word, there's something to be said about everything being instant on a phone. We're almost there but I love opening an app and having it load up instantly, loading up a web page instantly, a video instantly buffering. It's magnificent. Don't even get me started on uploading things to dropbox or drive with LTE. Soooooo much faster.

I got my data plan limited at 3Mbit (with a reasonable data cap of 30GB) and I've not really noticed any difference on it compared to my 50Mbit on wifi.
I'm not trying to downplay LTE but I'd love to know what are your usecases where you are struggling with below LTE speeds? My videos buffer well and dropbox is almost instant.

benjobong

Neo Member
Wonder if anyone here can help.

Recently decided to download some of the app updates I'd been putting off since forever on my nexus 7. Had about 3 gigs of space remaining and about 40 apps to update. Clicked the update button, returned the next day to discover all of the available space on my device was full, and no more updates could be downloaded.

Where has the additional 3 gigs of rubbish come from? None of the apps seem much larger than they did before. Is there some folder full of incomplete update files? Or, indeed, complete update files that it failed to get rid of after applying? Or do I just need to go through and clear out useless apps?

Groof

new deets on the new nexus 7 http://www.androidauthority.com/nexus-7-android-4-3-jelly-bean-snapdragon-s4-pro-206454/

except I've heard that it will be running the s800. Hey I can have sources too you know. But yeah I'm actually serious. Not confirmed or anything but I've heard it from more than one.

ee9a26d049.gif

give it to me noooooowwwww

Groof

All you people using up so much data on your phones, the hell are you doing to get to those amounts?
I got 3GB/month and the closest I've gotten is 2.6GB

Al-ibn Kermit

Google won't rebrand Moto until they can put out a phone that's worth Google risking their name on.

Or a tablet. Motorola generally makes very decent phones, they're just usually not the first to push a processor or resolution boundary. Although the Droid phones did essentially establish Android.

All you people using up so much data on your phones, the hell are you doing to get to those amounts?
I got 3GB/month and the closest I've gotten is 2.6GB

The strange thing is I don't FEEL like I use a lot of data. I browse GAF and other sites, I watch Youtube, I use my apps. I guess that usage really does inflate with bandwidth. I don't really do anything on my phone I didn't used to do with my laptop. However I generally never use WiFi on my phone either, since my data is unlimited and it's LTE, I never feel like switching to WiFi. So that probably affects it too. Most people who have a cap would think "Oh I better switch to WiFi before I watch this Youtube video" but I don't give a fuck.

The strange thing is I don't FEEL like I use a lot of data. I browse GAF and other sites, I watch Youtube, I use my apps. I guess that usage really does inflate with bandwidth. I don't really do anything on my phone I didn't used to do with my laptop. However I generally never use WiFi on my phone either, since my data is unlimited and it's LTE, I never feel like switching to WiFi. So that probably affects it too. Most people who have a cap would think "Oh I better switch to WiFi before I watch this Youtube video" but I don't give a fuck.

same here! LTE + unlimited data = game changer.

I used tons and tons of data watching youtube and netflix.....and so far no throttle from my carrier.

PriitV

So you're using your phone as a pc/laptop replacement?

giga

Finished my I/O thread before realizing celebi23 called dibs, lol. :p
That dude took the OT for WWDC as well--the day it was announced. Odd guy. I barely see him post in android or ios threads, but he still wants to make the OT threads.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That dude took the OT for WWDC as well--the day it was announced. Odd guy. I barely see him post in android or ios threads, but he still wants to make the OT threads.
Yeah, what the hell. Post more.

I wish I could somehow hide the 'recommended for you tab' in the Play Store. While the new update is pretty good otherwise, I do prefer the spotlight tab more.

All my recommendations consist of 99% apps that I already have in another form, like 20 other clock widgets because I downloaded one or two. And no I am not interested in the other 99% as I have found the best app out of all of those recommendations...

Basically all the shit I didn't want as there was a better app, is now filling up my recommendations (and they don't change much, it's always the same apps until I hide them).

I am now hiding more apps than downloading new ones. :/

SimleuqiR

new deets on the new nexus 7 http://www.androidauthority.com/nexu...s4-pro-206454/

Hmmm...Nexus 4 powered? How's the GPU on the Nexus 4? Will it be enough?
I might wait to see what the Nexus 10 revision brings.

Finished my I/O thread before realizing celebi23 called dibs, lol. :p

I don't' see this I/O thread...

Groof

Streaming videos seem to be the big one, eh. I barely ever watch YouTube or whatever on the go, guess I'm saving a lot on that.

HawkeyeIC

My one want for the Nexus 7 (other than obvious spec bumps), is Verizon LTE, but that's probably a long shot. Might have to end up with the Mini refresh.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

Sometimes I feel like sites stalk GAF....

phandroid.com/2013/05/10/1080p-nexus-7-for-google-io/

This is posted after the 1st rumor and magically says...

Topping the list is an upgraded display with a 1920 x 1200 resolution (making it 1080p capable). In addition, Google will add a 5MP camera, throw in a new Snapdragon 800 CPU, and manage to keep the whole thing at the original’s price point of $199. The display would feature a “narrow bezel” design and boast a pixel density of 323 ppi. Wireless charging is expected to be included

abunai

lol, my brother got a nexus 7 for his birthday. I told him to wait.. I can hear him complaining when/if the new n7 gets announced.

gcubed

if they can still sell it for 199 for that processor and screen, then i have no doubt the next nexus phone will be using the 800 and 1080p screen and keep the same price as the 4

Groof

Only 5 days left. My hype's on overdrive. And if it ends up being disappointing then I'll take it and cry like the bitch I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom