• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polari

I hope they release a cheaper model too. $99 or bust. Judging by the Chinese manufacturers, you can produce something not completely terrible at that price point and it really brings the thing to a whole new market.

bob page

Hahah ... Haha.. Ha... There are more than enough people on this board alone that think 16:9 is super awesome in personal computing.

Having owned both the N7 and Mini, I definitely think the Mini has the superior aspect ratio for every day use- especially web browsing. For videos, the N7 wins, but I've only watched around 3 on my tablet in the past couple years.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I hope they release a cheaper model too. $99 or bust. Judging by the Chinese manufacturers, you can produce something not completely terrible at that price point and it really brings the thing to a whole new market.

No need for a new model. Just price drop the current model while you sell the new model ala Apple and their iPad pricing. Just keep selling their current Nexus 7 just knock it down to some where between $99-$150.

What if the actual name for the XFON is actually XFON? Would you still buy it if it were called that?

The bigger battery version would be the XFON MAXX! There would be 3 X's in the name! Maximum X!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
4:3 is clearly the superior tablet aspect ratio. Worst thing about switching from my iPad to my Nexus 10. But it is still a brilliant switch.

Just a few more days until IO.

Hope you guys know that when the XFON releases and sucks the whole cycle will repeat for the nexus 5. The meme of ridiculous rumors and hype will not die until then.

5" 2160p 4000mAh 5G quad speakers
all I need isn't even unreasonable, check it:

S800 - we will get this
solid build quality - we will get this, they will not do glass again, I'd be mega surprised if they do
Battery - 3000mah+ by october how hard could that be, I think we'll get 2800 minimum but still 3000+ is ideal
4.5-4.7 inch screen, very thin bezel like the leaks - I think we'll get this, device will skew smaller than current devices
good camera on a nexus phone for once - I think they'll try this time, who knows if they'll succeed

Everything else doesn't matter. Don't really give a shit about 720p vs 1080p and all that.

So - when I first started my s4, it had something in the notification drawer pulldown that showed my facebook friend requests, messages and notifications. After rebooting, it's gone.

Any idea how to get it back?

all I need isn't even unreasonable, check it:

S800 - we will get this
solid build quality - we will get this, they will not do glass again, I'd be mega surprised if they do
Battery - 3000mah+ by october how hard could that be, I think we'll get 2800 minimum but still 3000+ is ideal
4.5-4.7 inch screen, very thin bezel like the leaks - I think we'll get this, device will skew smaller than current devices
good camera on a nexus phone for once - I think they'll try this time, who knows if they'll succeed

Everything else doesn't matter. Don't really give a shit about 720p vs 1080p and all that.

The 5" LG Optimus G Pro almost ticks all those boxes. S600 SoC, 3000mah battery, 5" 1080p screen but it's only 1.3mm wider than the N4 / 0.6mm than the ZL thanks to narrow bezels and the same 13mp camera that's in the international G Pro, which seems to have decent reviews.

Build quality is subjective of course.

Fuck you LG, why does nobody else get this phone?!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You know what else is really great about the Nexus 10? Front facing speakers. I love them.

HSPA+ is fast enough but latency is a big deal. It takes a bit to push your actions. I miss that about lte but it's not a deal breaker.

Groof

You know what else is really great about the Nexus 10? Front facing speakers. I love them.

I kinda want and don't want front facing speakers for all upcoming Nexus devices. Want because well, they're awesome. Don't want because they'll break up the slick design of the front.

Also I agree with Pyro. Those specs seem pretty reasonable for an end of the year phone. The camera will probably still be so-so, but improved.

PriitV

The big money is in hardware sales, and you're kidding yourself if you think Google wouldn't like a piece of that tasty pie.

Ofcourse they want a piece of it, but so far they haven't exercised it.

Bet they will give out white limited Nexus 4's at the I/O, just as with the Nexus 7.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
The 5" LG Optimus G Pro almost ticks all those boxes. S600 SoC, 3000mah battery, 5" 1080p screen but it's only 1.3mm wider than the N4 / 0.6mm than the ZL thanks to narrow bezels and the same 13mp camera that's in the international G Pro, which seems to have decent reviews.

After looking at the screen of the OG Pro...I can say that LG might have the best screens in the biz...it's goregous

Optimus G pro is huge, shits 150mm tall lol. I'm liking the leaks for the Optimus G2 though, of course the screen is too big but the almost non existent bezel is looking perfect. Google just needs to take that and put it on a smaller 4.5-4.7 inch screen and we're gold. Also LG (and google) have consistently average/mediocre camera software, that worries me more than the sensor they put in.

As for build quality, it is subjective but my standards aren't unreasonable for this either. I literally just mean no glass, and no glossy cheap ass plastic. Matte plastic/ soft touch plastic, a good solid polycarbonate plastic that isn't glossy feeling, that's all fine.

Also the S600 is good but the S800 is a lot better for a few reasons. So yeah I expect nothing less by October onward, I'm sure we'll get that one though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
S800 should produce some dang good benchmarks. Even with the jump to high res this should still bring a crazy performance boost over the current Tegra 3 based Nexus 7.

Now if only we could get something that looks as good as epic citadel to actually play!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to set a song as a ringtone on my uncles phone. Simple change to .mp3 (he was using .wma), but when I try to actually play the song it plays the first second or less and just stops. Same thing happens when the phone is called. I put my own microSD card in and songs play fine and when I put his back into the phone it, more often than not doesn't get picked up. When I connect the phone to my computer it takes an age to browse though it and copying files from one folder to another doesn't work.

I'm pretty sure his microSD card is dying/dead but wanted some other opinions.

tino

Banned

It has no pen; It's on ATT.

Seriously though. Now that Lenovo is only selling the no microSD version of K900. I might have to get the OG Pro when I come across an unlocked version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom