• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bored, lets look at a new mockup for the lulz.

bMFDZFl.jpg

Not sure where the sound comes from in phone calls :p

So do you think we will get any leaks on Monday or will we have to wait for the conference to begin?
Leaks like what? We already know about Hangouts (babel), we know about the nexus 7 refresh, we know about the likely nexus 4 refresh, the XFON hit the FCC. We know that google's version of game center is likely.

Only thing we don't really know is a some of the things that 4.3/5.0 will have, but we know a few of it.

Not a TON to leak. Unless there is a surprise out of nowhere that will shockandawe.

Android notebooks to launch in 3-4 months? http://9to5google.com/2013/05/10/an...le-preps-apple-tv-competitor-and-smart-watch/

This isn’t the first time we’ve heard about an Android-powered notebook over the years, and just last month Intel executives confirmed that the majority of its new sub-$200 notebooks running on its mobile Atom CPU will be Android based. However, according to Mingchi, don’t expect to see the notebooks making an appearance at I/O this year. That’s because Android 5.0 won’t be ready to show off at I/O, says Kuo, but vendors such as Samsung will apparently move first with Android 4.x powered notebooks coming within 3-4 months:

Android Book – Android Book won’t be introduced at the upcoming Google I/O as development of Android 5.0, which is targeted at NB, is incomplete. We think Android Book featuring Android.4x will be rolled out in the coming 3-4 months because some brand vendors, like Samsung (Korea), want to move first. But shipments will be limited as the current Android OS isn’t well supported for laptops.

By the way it's stuff like that which ruins things for android lol. Basically it's not ready and will suck, but samsung is going to push ahead anyway cuz GOTTA BE FIRST!!!!11

Groof

Seriously. Watch them release one, people absolutely hate it because it's buggy and runs like shite and then the whole project dies because of them.

Lol.

but the note also included info on what he thinks Google has in store for the months after the event, including: an Android powered notebook, a new TV product, and even a Google smart watch

Sure bro.

Hey guys at google I/o they might introduce a new version of android, a new phone, a refresh of old tablets and/or new tablets...

Gimme a break, if you predict they'll do everything you'll always be somewhat right.

KAL2006

Banned
I have the gReader widget which I really like. However it updates the feed quite prequently, and I have a feeling that is a battery drainer as well as a data killer. Is it possible to turn the update feature off as i dont mind updateing the feed manually by pressing the refresh button on the widget.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
ICS was a massive, massive upgrade and it didn't leak. So don't worry.

Talon

I have the gReader widget which I really like. However it updates the feed quite prequently, and I have a feeling that is a battery drainer as well as a data killer. Is it possible to turn the update feature off as i dont mind updateing the feed manually by pressing the refresh button on the widget.
You won't have to worry in less than a month when it's shut down.

mturco

Wait, since when is there nothing left to leak about I/O? We know almost nothing about 4.3/5.0 other than Babel/Hangouts. Everything else is just speculation and rumors. How about we just wait 4 more days and quit being disappointed about rumors.

ICS was a massive, massive upgrade and it didn't leak. So don't worry.
mmhmmm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIIqYG0CQb4

Wait, since when is there nothing left to leak about I/O? We know almost nothing about 4.3/5.0 other than Babel/Hangouts. Everything else is just speculation and rumors. How about we just wait 4 more days and quit being disappointed about rumors.
a lot of it is pretty well grounded rumours though, like I said, the software is the only uncertain thing, but if it is indeed 4.3 and not 5.0, I expect they'll save the huge stuff for later.

Talon

The 4.3 rumor is that it's not a major release.

But, yes, constant tech rumors from shaky sources for crappy websites that nobody's heard of are annoying.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's just pyro being his typical crazy neurotic self. As always.

The one true fact of google related hype, things always underwhelm in comparison to the rumors leading up to it.

Hey guys we have multiple accounts now...and stuff. XFON is out, it's kind of ok, nexus 5 will shit on it in a few months.

See you next year!

/Fin

Bboy AJ

That's every single tech conference ever.

nope to him and yes to you

Look lets be real, shits probably going to suck. But if it's good it's good. But it won't be. But if it is, nice. But won't be.

Bboy AJ

nope to him and yes to you

Look lets be real, shits probably going to suck. But if it's good it's good. But it won't be. But if it is, nice. But won't be.
OK, let's be real. You're the one going on and on about how things will suck and how we've already got it all figured out. No one else here is saying that. We're just looking forward to it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So my GF took her mom to Best Buy to let her pick out a tablet for Mother's Day. She said she wanted something big, and ended up getting a Note 10.1 cause she liked the stylus.

Considering she doesn't have a smartphone, and she has an older Vista laptop this is a rather nice tech upgrade for her. We helped set it up, and she seems to really be enjoying it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom