• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

I don't live in Europe, so this may seem out of touch, but is BBM still even a thing anymore? I know almost no one with BB's in the US, and the ones i do know use them for work only

Talon

I don't live in Europe, so this may seem out of touch, but is BBM still even a thing anymore? I know almost no one with BB's in the US, and the ones i do know use them for work only
What is it with Europe using strange messaging platforms? Only people I ever knew that used MSN Messenger were Europeans.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Even here in Canada, no one I know gives two shits about bbm

Hell the only people I know clinging on to their blackberries are business assholes.

Talon

And only Americans had heavy usage of AIM/ICQ.
Actually, the Germans I hung out with in the early days of the Internet all used ICQ. The Koreans too. It felt like more of a gaming thing, though.

Gaming and creepy old men soliciting chat sex.

Man, all those chat clients had terrible user interfaces. Not Music Match Jukebox level but pretty close. The 90s - the good old days when every piece of software was completely apocryphal.

Actually, the Germans I hung out with in the early days of the Internet all used ICQ. The Koreans too. It felt like more of a gaming thing, though.

Gaming and creepy old men soliciting chat sex.

Man, all those chat clients had terrible user interfaces. Not Music Match Jukebox level but pretty close. The 90s - the good old days when every piece of software was completely apocryphal.

yZjJ1S9.gif

The interface went downhill after that version.

VoxPop

What's so special about BBM anyways?

It's not.

It was special when everyone had Blackberrys and it was a great integrated chat service with delivery reports and group messaging. Now they are a dime a dozen and the latter even do it better. Would have been interesting if they did this like 3 years ago.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

BBM is a thing in South America. Europe uses Whatsapp.

Pctx

Banned
FYI, Google Now just added MLS to their scores updates. I'm looking for any changes to the delta on the updates but this is progress!!

I'm surprised more hasn't leaked yet.
maybe there's nothing to leak

We already got:

Nex7 refresh
Nex4 updates
Hangouts
Play Games
XFON (which looks to be some cheap ass phone)

Then They'll spend some time talking about Glass and Chrome OS, and 4.3 (multiple user accounts, etc..).

/fin

Pctx

Banned
maybe there's nothing to leak

I know a few of the developer stuff API's that are going to make the GDrive, Gmail and Picasa data merge make more sense but what I'm shocked about is that the Hangouts bit not being mentioned as the default iMessage competitor for Android.

I know a few of the developer stuff API's that are going to make the GDrive, Gmail and Picasa data merge make more sense but what I'm shocked about is that the Hangouts bit not being mentioned as the default iMessage competitor for Android.
well if it doesn't have SMS support then it isn't a competitor.

Pctx

Banned
is there a specific time they are likely to talk about 4.3 tomorrow? i don't really care about any of the rest

I would imagine it would be the opener then again, Andrex may have a timeline of events since the 4.3 or 5.x will set the base for services.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Bro, are we supposed to be listening to you now after the X Phone debacle?

Pctx

Banned
Bro, are we supposed to be listening to you now after the X Phone debacle?

What debacle? The phone is coming out, details are already out there on the FCC listing, what exactly is a debacle about it? If you people think I need to eat crow on the specs not being what they were then fine but as I stated, Moto was testing various versions of the phone at the same time.

What debacle? The phone is coming out, details are already out there on the FCC listing, what exactly is a debacle about it? If you people think I need to eat crow on the specs not being what they were then fine but as I stated, Moto was testing various versions of the phone at the same time.

Lamest excuse ever.

buhdeh

From 5MP/16MP cams, customizable RAM/CPU/Storage/Colors (lol), 1080p, unbreakable phone to lowly dual core S4 and 720p.

For shame.
just kidding

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You can even go back and re-read my posts to verify that. I literally saw two versions of the phone so don't fucking hold me over the fire for shit I had no control over.

wait for space world XFON β

You can even go back and re-read my posts to verify that. I literally saw two versions of the phone so don't fucking hold me over the fire for shit I had no control over.

You had very much control over the shitty posts and spam you did in this thread.

Pctx

Banned
You had very much control over the shitty posts and spam you did in this thread.

Well I guess from here on out I'll just shut up about anything real or fake upcoming in any of the tech world since apparently you don't care for it.

You cannot stop the XFON no matter how hard you try.

guys, this is just the base $199 version. you can pay more to add a 1080p screen, better processor, more RAM, more FlashROM, etc... thats why you saw the huge benchmark scores.

Well I guess from here on out I'll just shut up about anything real or fake upcoming in any of the tech world since apparently you don't care for it.

You cannot stop the XFON no matter how hard you try.

Spamming "X PHONE", in what felt like every third post of yours, was not funny, interesting or revealing, so yes, I wouldn't mind less of that.

Even Pichai is like this thing is gonna suck guyz.

Also they tested multiple XFONes? "alright guys, after rigorous testing I have decided...lets go with the shitty one".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom