• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

3phemeral

LCD ...problem solved.

Plus no burn in problems after 2 years....

Yeah, my GNex seemingly would recover after a few days from image retention, but after having it since launch, it's painfully obvious how bad it is. I have these light blue rectangles pop up where the navigation and notification bars are when I'm watching a video in landscape. It's horrible.

Yeah, my GNex seemingly would recover after a few days from image retention, but after having it since launch, it's painfully obvious how bad it is. I have these light blue rectangles pop up where the navigation and notification bars are when I'm watching a video in landscape. It's horrible.

The Gnex has a particularly problematic screen because it was a first-generation Super AMOLED HD panel. The problem is compounded by those goddamned software buttons which burn in like crazy because they never move. At least the notification bar shifts when you turn the screen, the software buttons are there forever until they burn in permanently.

I don't normally post this sort of thing, but if you're in the US and can buy things from Newegg:

http://www.newegg.com/Special/ShellShocker.aspx?cm_sp=ShellShocker-_-75-990-208-_-05142013_5

CUTE AS FUCK. I had to buy this little guy, first off because he's cute and second because he's also useful as he's a portable battery-powered speaker. The Shell Shockers end at midnight Pacific time, so if you want him you have a little less than an hour left to order.

well, i can't help people with reading comprehension. i mean, i can, but i won't.

I know I can't read but I know movie mode isn't good for "people who want accurate colors". Nor is it particularly "more accurate" because its still inaccurate in its own way.

I remember when you got all excited about the professional adobe preset without understanding anything about it.

Xperia Z camera just got a massive, massive update. I think it goes from worst in class to best in class. Why the fuck they couldn't launch it like this I don't get but holy fuck is it awesome now. Easily the best camera in any phone currently on the market.

Kiraly

Xperia Z camera just got a massive, massive update. I think it goes from worst in class to best in class. Why the fuck they couldn't launch it like this I don't get but holy fuck is it awesome now. Easily the best camera in any phone currently on the market.

I read they even changed the bars to proper black, finally.

gcubed

i would really be interested to see if Google pushes for Google-Editions of the big phones, that would be pretty cool. The question i'd have would be if they are supported by google or Samsung. If they are supported by Samsung i'm pretty down on it

Groof

i would really be interested to see if Google pushes for Google-Editions of the big phones, that would be pretty cool. The question i'd have would be if they are supported by google or Samsung. If they are supported by Samsung i'm pretty down on it
I can see them pushing for choice on other handsets, as in the user gets to choose for example TouchWiz or stock on their GS4, as has been discussed to death over the years. But I can't see that happening any time soon however

gcubed

I can see them pushing for choice on other handsets, as in the user gets to choose for example TouchWiz or stock on their GS4, as has been discussed to death over the years. But I can't see that happening any time soon however

why choose the GS4! :( If it was an HTC One Google Edition i'd be much more excited. Still though, would have to know if updates come from Google vs Manufacturer. Samsung has a horrible track record updating their controlled galaxy nexus devices... and thats a "sorta" nexus device.

Groof

why choose the GS4! :( If it was an HTC One Google Edition i'd be much more excited. Still though, would have to know if updates come from Google vs Manufacturer. Samsung has a horrible track record updating their controlled galaxy nexus devices... and thats a "sorta" nexus device.
Yeah I sort if meant that as all OEMs, only used GS4 as an example. I'd see that as up to the OEM in that case being responsible to bring you the latest, but it'd be great if you were to choose stock it'd connect you to Google's update servers instead... What a future that'd be

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So supposedly a new Google Maps page went up then was nowhere to be found soon after. Guess that signals a map update later today/this week.

I read they even changed the bars to proper black, finally.

Yup, black bars, reduced gamma, increased colour saturation, white balance control, massive camera upgrade, hardware acceleration for the UI, fixed a bunch of bugs and battery issues.

It's quite a large update, the only thing missing from it really is 4.2.2! It would have been nice if they had got it out today, just hours before Google announce 4.3/5.0, Sony would have had their first ever phone running the most current version of Android.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
android-king-of-europe.jpeg

Nicktendo86

Yup, black bars, reduced gamma, increased colour saturation, white balance control, massive camera upgrade, hardware acceleration for the UI, fixed a bunch of bugs and battery issues.

It's quite a large update, the only thing missing from it really is 4.2.2! It would have been nice if they had got it out today, just hours before Google announce 4.3/5.0, Sony would have had their first ever phone running the most current version of Android.
Wow, massive update. Why the hell did they not have all of this ready for launch?

gcubed

Yeah I sort if meant that as all OEMs, only used GS4 as an example. I'd see that as up to the OEM in that case being responsible to bring you the latest, but it'd be great if you were to choose stock it'd connect you to Google's update servers instead... What a future that'd be

that would be indeed a fantastic future

any before and after samples?

Pctx

Banned
Handset Alliance lives!!

That's the problem really. Stock android means nothing if it doesn't come with the ability to get the updates automatically, but if you can update it manually everytime a new one comes out or something, that would be great.

Otherwise stock is almost pointless, might as well just use a launcher.

Talon

This is a pretty intelligent pivoting of Google+. It's no longer a social network, it's straight-up replacing your Google Account.

XFON got Samsung'd!

That's the problem really. Stock android means nothing if it doesn't come with the ability to get the updates automatically, but if you can update it manually everytime a new one comes out or something, that would be great.

Otherwise stock is almost pointless, might as well just use a launcher.

indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom