• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) My talk will not update and when I go to Hangouts in the Play Store, it just says "Open", which takes me to Gtalk. Any ideas?

2) When will the games thing be available?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Do you guys believe what I told you now about the nexus 7 having an S800 in it? Became even more likely because it's likely coming later.

I think they might hold all hardware refreshes in one event in october.

I'm a believer in one annual OS upgrade when their flagship phone/tablet Nexus product launch.

VanWinkle

So...the games thing...how much more useless could it be? What's the use of achievements if you don't have an app where you can see all your achievements? It's just dumb. I was excited for it, but not like this. Super Stickman 2 has in-game achievements list and then a little icon where you can see the additional Google achievements, that are the exact same as the in-game achievements.

Game Center on iOS is ugly as sin, but it's a heck of a lot more useful than this.

WHY THE HELL IS HANGOUTS STILLLLLLLL NOT WORKING on chrome.

It's clear google has just changed the icon lol. Why not wait till it's ready to avoid confusion. People are giving it bad reviews thinking this is it.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
WHY THE HELL IS HANGOUTS STILLLLLLLL NOT WORKING on chrome.

It's clear google has just changed the icon lol. Why not wait till it's ready to avoid confusion. People are giving it bad reviews thinking this is it.

? The app is different, though not incredibly so.

? The app is different, though not incredibly so.
It's not what it's supposed to be. It's basically the same as their old chat app or whatever it was called.

It's nothing like the new one is supposed to be interface wise. You can't even do ANY of the features like share photos and stuff. Literally all they did was change the icon to the hangouts icon.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
It's not what it's supposed to be. It's basically the same as their old chat app or whatever it was called.

It's nothing like the new one is supposed to be interface wise. You can't even do ANY of the features like share photos and stuff. Literally all they did was change the icon to the hangouts icon.

Hmm yeah you're right, I hadn't tried that yet.

We need a proper gaming thread now. You can see what apps are connected but not their achievements. That is pretty stupid.

Yeah. I grabbed it. What games support it so far?

World of Goo, they said Triple Tow and Eufloria too, but I didn't see that in Triple Town and only have Humble Bundle Eufloria game.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Can anybody tell me what the latest official release for the Galaxy SII (GT-I9100) is? I'm sitting on 4.0.4 and Kies tells me it's that latest.I'm rooted if that makes a difference.

Fatalah

I think Hangouts a bigger deal for iPhone users than Android users. Google Talk always managed to sync just fine between all of my Android devices, and gmail.com.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't it be 4.2? Hell even the S2X T989 got an update to Jellybean.

I know there was a JB update in the works but Samsung were taking time with it, I don't know if it was released yet. Would the fact that I rooted my phone stop Kies from updating it?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I know there was a JB update in the works but Samsung were taking time with it, I don't know if it was released yet. Would the fact that I rooted my phone stop Kies from updating it?

Just did a quick search for Kies and Rooting and it seems that after you root Kies will no longer work properly. Unroot?

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Just did a quick search for Kies and Rooting and it seems that after you root Kies will no longer work properly. Unroot?

I see, searching for a guide now. Kies is a pain in the ass.

This is what i'm looking for, right?

Ephemeris

I think Hangouts a bigger deal for iPhone users than Android users. Google Talk always managed to sync just fine between all of my Android devices, and gmail.com.

Absolutely. I've already started pushing my Hangouts Agenda at work and for my iOS friends.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Indeed it is. Was so close to getting a S2X before my N4 but said fuck Samsung and their software.

Why not flash a stock ROM onto your s2?

Is there a JB stock ROM for the S2? I haven't really looked into it but if it's easy to do I might try it. Samsung probably won't be giving to S2 any more significant updates in the future so it might be worth doing.

Cipherr

Has anyone gotten the Playstore update that looks like this yet:

Screen-Shot-2013-05-14-at-9.02.46-PM1-540x477.jpg

Because I have not. And Im wondering if its because I sideloaded the APK for the current version of the store im using. Thats not going to screw with my OTA Playstore APK updates is it?

3phemeral

Because I have not. And Im wondering if its because I sideloaded the APK for the current version of the store im using. Thats not going to screw with my OTA Playstore APK updates is it?

I picked it up from Android Police and they guaranteed the apk was directly from Google and untampered, so it shouldn't.

3phemeral

Yeah thats just it though, Im trying not to sideload it again. Waiting on the normal push.

Might be a while. The only time I had issues with official updates is when I tried the whole Google Play themed apk thing, which I vowed to never do again. But I haven't had any issues with these leaked versions, although, I only installed this recent Play leak because of that guarantee. :)

no, you'll get that update ... eventually ... could be a week or two, that's how Google rolls.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
This is a pretty intelligent pivoting of Google+. It's no longer a social network, it's straight-up replacing your Google Account.

That was always the idea though... they never really said otherwise... G+ was just building on the old janky Google profiles, which were about unifying things but never really did since it's hard to coordinate internal teams without a company-wide mandate (which is really what G+ was about; hell bonuses were tied to whether you integrated G+ the year it came out.)

oh I thought we were making a gaf hangout. Someone get on that. Ignore my PM then.

We should do one for the next event. So we can express disappointment with less time in between posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom