• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

Does anyone here own a Samsung Galaxy Camera? Thinking of getting one to take 1080p videos with for uploading to Youtube, and also realised that since it's a regular camera it could replace my older stills camera too. I've looked at some sample videos on Youtube and they seem decent, was just wondering if anyone here had impressions of it.

Does anyone here own a Samsung Galaxy Camera? Thinking of getting one to take 1080p videos with for uploading to Youtube, and also realised that since it's a regular camera it could replace my older stills camera too. I've looked at some sample videos on Youtube and they seem decent, was just wondering if anyone here had impressions of it.

It's way too expensive for what you get. Buy this instead.

Can anyone tell me why the hell I'm getting this Twilight art on this album?

Rn5FlBD.png

Donos

Go to this thread and ask there
. A lot of people with plenty of knowledge. I also think that it is a little overpriced (dat Galaxy brand name).

Prices for mirrorless cameras (which also record 1080p) are falling and the selection is great.

Danj

Prices for mirrorless cameras (which also record 1080p) are falling and the selection is great.

I've heard of mirrorless cameras but don't know much about them, I always assumed they were in the same sort of price bracket as DSLRs. I had a look, and I found a decent price on a Samsung NX1000 which I'm led to believe is of this type? On the face of it it's interesting because it does have Wifi - but delving into the manual I discover there are some pretty miserly restrictions on its use - for some reason it won't upload anything larger than 10MB or higher quality than 240 WEB (presumably this means 320x240).

ScOULaris

Has anyone else noticed a performance hit on their phone after installing the Hangouts app? There are jumps and stutters present now that weren't before.

Also, if I sign out of Hangouts it won't sign me back in unless I clear its app data.

about phone cases... went to a graduation today and as i looked at people's phones i noticed that about half of them had cases... but when i looked closer, i noticed an even more interesting trend... the more expensive phones were more likely to be in a case while the cheaper phones were more likely to not be in one.

about phone cases... went to a graduation today and as i looked at people's phones i noticed that about half of them had cases... but when i looked closer, i noticed an even more interesting trend... the more expensive phones were more likely to be in a case while the cheaper phones were more likely to not be in one.
you needed to observe that to know it? Obviously people want to protect their expensive stuff!

naked still best though.

No case on my HTC One. Feels so good.

I just sold my Surface RT and got a Nexus 10. Figured if I'm going to switch over to Android I may as well go all in.

ScOULaris

So I guess it's just me that thinks Hangouts for Android is a little bit of a resource hog?

Also, is anyone able to sign out of it and back in without clearing the app data?

Has anyone else noticed a performance hit on their phone after installing the Hangouts app? There are jumps and stutters present now that weren't before.

Also, if I sign out of Hangouts it won't sign me back in unless I clear its app data.

Same here. After I close the hangouts app, there is a very minor screen lag. (N4)

I have a video game playlist that has a whole bunch of weird album art pop up in that same section for no reason. I just went and cleaned out my tags and added new album art so it's a bit irritating to see it screwed to hell like that.

You had to manually remove all the tags? That's a pain.

So I guess it's just me that thinks Hangouts for Android is a little bit of a resource hog?

Also, is anyone able to sign out of it and back in without clearing the app data?

Battery life took a hit. Though I don't have any signing in issues.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Sounds like Gooey getting ready a refreshed Nexus 7, Nexus Q and the LTE/white Nexus 4 for a Android day. Lines up with the talk Google trying to move announcements for Android away from Google I/O (at least hardware, and version releases) and let it be about the original purpose aka developers

God I hope so! And if they do, I'll take 1 of each.

3phemeral

You had to manually remove all the tags? That's a pain.
Oh no, I recently revamped my entire music collection before this was introduced, I had custom album art for every album too. The new Play Store's album-art fadeaways just show different stuff from what I did myself, so it's irritating that it's loading some weird pictures for the backdrop even though the track album art is still correct.

If the album art search just searches images using Google, you're going to get wrong results. This happens all the time to me with Poweramp and I have to find the correct art manually.

ScOULaris

Same here. After I close the hangouts app, there is a very minor screen lag. (N4)

Battery life took a hit. Though I don't have any signing in issues.
Yeah, the lag is most noticeable after exiting the app. But since I am frequently hopping in and out of Hangouts, it's like lag city, bitch lag lag city, bitch.

GatorBait

I am really loving All Access. It seemed to come out at the exact right time for me. Over the previous month I had tested out Spotify, MOG, and Rdio to try to find a music streaming service to subscribe to. Then, one week into my Rdio mobile free trial, Googy drops All Access and brings together pretty much every feature I wanted in a streaming service.

On a different note, what apps do you guys think are primed for a revamp now that Maps/Navigation, Music, and the Play Store have been upgraded to the clean, card-inspired aesthetic? There were the rumors of a new Gmail coming out at I/O and I'm sure that will happen since Gmail is primed for the new side dock, but browsing through some pictures last night made me realize how badly the Gallery app stands out in its dark form. I think they could do a beautiful gallery app with cards.

It's sort of crazy how one man (Mathias Duarte) has had so much influence over the aesthetics of Google. They have really gone all out with this card theme.

JCX

I still wish Play Music had podcast features. I've tried all the big android podcast solutions, but I'm not a big fan of them.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, both Wi-Fi-Only (GT-P5200) and 3G (GT-P5210) variants, appear on GLBenchmark’s servers. The Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 is yet to be announced by Samsung itself, but the the device has been circulating around the rumour mill for quite some time now.

According to the benchmark, the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 packs a Dual-Core Intel Atom Z2560 processor clocked at 1.6GHz with Hyper-Threading, a PowerVR SGX 544 MP2 graphics processor with a clock speed of 400MHz, a 10.1-inch WXGA (1280×800) display and will come with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/05/18...rance-on-glbenchmark-intel-atom-z2560-inside/

Intel Inside

Ephemeris

I'd be down if it got CM loving. Need a new android tab to ticker with. May try to offload this HP Touchpad of mine.

And Smh @ taking a picture with the N7

What's New

What's in this version:
- Activity-based control pad
- Better notification widget
- Better lock screen widget
- Fixed many UI layout issues
- Fixed streaming media player issues
- Better google tv support
- Cleaner device setup flow
- Improved TV/AV Receiver input setup
- Added support for upcoming S4 Mega, S4 mini and S4 Active
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.peel.samsung.app

Galaxy S4 line is expanding ... in more ways than one hahaha

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So the Android studio is broken for many windows users. It'll install, but then won't load. There is a fix though if you edit and add in this path variable for the java jdk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom