• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hieberrr

I'm gonna flash Paranoid Android on my Nexus 7 tomorrow. DAT Halo has me intrigued. I wonder if it works in YouTube or when I'm watching videos.

i just wanna know if the MEGA specs will be as garbage as the Mini. at least the Active should be a proper GS4.. right? RIGHT!?!?!

and 1280x800 in the Tab 3 is like ... i dunno, i guess the Tab is their low end model now?

Note II 10.1 gonna beast?
I assume it's going to be the S4 but bigger but this is samsung, I also assumed the mini would be the same thing but smaller. But bigger usually means more premium according to samsung logic is it's possible.

I get the feeling Samsung just looks at whatever parts are left over in their current supply chain, throw those together, and the next random non-flagship Galaxy is born.

What's the best way to stream movies from my Windows Media Player to a Nexus 7?

My HTC EVO 4G has this functionality built in, but I'd love to stream to the bigger screen.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So Amazon has the AT&T variant of the HTC One on sale for both new ans existing customers. It's $130 for the base 32 gig model on contact.

Fatalah

Vic Gundotra says something will happen today. I'm guessing the new G+ app for Android.

https://plus.google.com/107117483540235115863/posts/J2Y3vM6Zbyc

Is Google really going to play Marissa Mayer like that? Today is her day!

Marissa_Mayer_McQueen.jpg

Captain N

So I've pretty much been all iOS all the time. I got the iPhone a week after launch. iPad the weekend it hit and have been using iOS a lot. Well now my iPhone is busted and I'm tired of this small screen for my phone. I've got a Galaxy S3 coming in the mail tomorrow. Any pro tips?

Talon

So I've pretty much been all iOS all the time. I got the iPhone a week after launch. iPad the weekend it hit and have been using iOS a lot. Well now my iPhone is busted and I'm tired of this small screen for my phone. I've got a Galaxy S3 coming in the mail tomorrow. Any pro tips?
Turn off "bloop bloop."

snacknuts

we all knew her

Give it a chance. I have seen tons of iOS vs. Android threads where the Apple guys say they tried an Android phone for a week and hated it so they went back to the iPhone. If you expect it to work just like an iPhone, you're going to be disappointed. Learn to use some of the things that set Android apart (being able to set default programs, easily share content between apps, etc.) and give it a fair shake.

bob page

Root and flash CM 10.1. Never look back.

I'm going to be hated on by certain posters here, but you should not have gotten a TouchWiz device such as the GS3. The visual style Samsung applies to their devices is so disjointed and unappealing that it might be frustrating to use after years of iOS experience where the design is meticulously curated. Google's version of Android is a much sleeker and more cohesive design, and a more pleasant experience, than Samsung's, and the difference gets more staggering every day.

I might even suggest returning it and getting a Nexus 4.

Or if you want to keep it, and you're tech-savvy, hit up the XDA forums and apply a ROM like LiquidSmooth or CM10.1.

PM me if you need detailed help. I've done it on two or three GS3s (Verizon variant). If you choose to, do it before you put any data on your phone or take any time setting it up.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Return it and get a Nexus 4.

bob page

I'm going to be hated on by certain posters here, but you should not have gotten a TouchWiz device such as the GS3. The visual style Samsung applies to their devices is so disjointed and unappealing that it might be frustrating to use after years of iOS experience where the design is meticulously curated. Google's version of Android is a much sleeker and more cohesive design, and a more pleasant experience, than Samsung's, and the difference gets more staggering every day.

I might even suggest returning it and getting a Nexus 4.

Or if you want to keep it, and you're tech-savvy, hit up the XDA forums and apply a ROM like LiquidSmooth or CM10.1.

PM me if you need detailed help. I've done it on two or three GS3s (Verizon variant). If you choose to, do it before you put any data on your phone or take any time setting it up.
You definitely don't need to be tech savvy to get CM 10.1 on the S3. Their install guide is very simple to follow and takes less than 15 minutes. I'd rather spend a few minutes on that than deal with the N4's cons for a year or two.

You definitely don't need to be tech savvy to get CM 10.1 on the S3. Their install guide is very simple to follow and takes less than 15 minutes. I'd rather spend a few minutes on that than deal with the N4's cons for a year or two.
Have you done it on the Verizon version? Unlocking the bootloader requires some experience.

gcubed

I like it! Doing something good with Google Voice is just... Unprecedented. It's been the same thing since its initial release, basically. It's a Google product I rely on immensely.

i agree. The best thing about the Nexus program with GV is that you can port your main number to GV and then change providers on a whim and never have to worry about your number. Its lack of MMS support and halfassed integration into Android leaves a lot to be desired, so it would be nice for it to roll into Hangouts

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Droid-Life!

Android 4.2.2 Firmware Leaked for Galaxy S3, Brings Lots of S4 Features

PS: A lot of last year's big phones should be getting updates that bring some of this years new features to last years phones along with the base Android update to 4.2.2

Toki767

Droid-Life!

Android 4.2.2 Firmware Leaked for Galaxy S3, Brings Lots of S4 Features

PS: A lot of last year's big phones should be getting updates that bring some of this years new features to last years phones along with the base Android update to 4.2.2
I bet S3 owners in the US won't see that until the S5 comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom