• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Is it just me or is the Amazon app store terribly slow? Everything seems so laggy. I'm gonna enjoy those free apps though. Hopefully they'll do Swiftkey some day.

The scan is pretty good, not a whole lot different from the standalone apps that did it before but this one works easier and is free and built into drive so it's pretty damn nice.

Loving the new UI. Card style ftw.

A little LTTP...

20 Questions With Your Boy Brett aka The NeoGAF Android Survey!
Brought to You by Brettison

1. What phone do you currently use as your daily driver?

Nexus 4

2. What ROM are you currently using on your phone be it stock or custom?

Stock

3. What's the total amount of space on your phone and how much are you currently using?

16Gb, 13Gb

4. Do you own an LTE enabled device?

No

5. Do you live in an LTE coverage area?

Technically yes, but there is only one provider in the UK currently offering 4g access.

6. Who is your current service provider?

Virgin Mobile (UK)

7. Do you own a tablet and if so which one(s)?

Nexus 7, Asus Transformer Prime

8. If you own a tablet do you have a mobile data version and do you play for mobile data on your tablet?

No, I tether if I need data on the move.

9. Do you use a custom battery on your phone?

No

10. What is your default web browser?

Chrome Beta

11. What is your default music player?

Google Music

12. What is your default e-mail app?

Gmail.

13. What is one app you can't live without?

If including pre-installed Gapps, Chrome. If not including pre-installed stuff erm My Bus Edinburgh.

14. How many minutes do you actually talk on your phone on average in a month?

No idea, but not a lot. Less than 100 minutes. I tend to text more.

15. Do you use a case on your phone and/or tablet?

Yes, Ringke Slim on my N4. Nexus 7 is naked.

16. Do you use headphones with your phone/tablet? If so what ones?

Yes, Phonak.

17. What is your default keyboard?

Stock.

18. Which app/service do you use most to upload pictures to?

Google Photos/Picasa

19. If you could change just one thing about your current android devices what would it be?

Battery Life

20. What was your 1st ever Android device?

HTC Hero (Euro version)

TeegsD

So many redesigned apps today. Peoples United Bank, LinkedIn, Drive, and Music. I don't know about you guys, but I love when redesigned apps are released. Well, at least if its better than the last iteration.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So many redesigned apps today. Peoples United Bank, LinkedIn, Drive, and Music. I don't know about you guys, but I love when redesigned apps are released. Well, at least if its better than the last iteration.

You forgot Google Play Magazines! The most important one

Cipherr

The Drive app redesign is fantastic. Fast smooth, and easy to figure out. And the photo to scan thing will definitely be useful.

zedge

The new Google Music is freaking beautiful... holy crap I love it. Shit scrolls up, down, overtop, smooth as hell. Damn. Now release the actual music store and all access in Canada ffs Goog.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I get the sense that Google is waiting until they're ready to completely phase out G+ Messenger before they give the app a full redesign.

The last G+ update seems to have removed the ability for it to auto-refresh the post stream. Which... doesn't make any sense.

Whats the difference between Rdio and the new Google Music All Access?

I kinda wanted it, but after reading about it they seem to do exactly the same thing.

Talon

I kinda wanted it, but after reading about it they seem to do exactly the same thing.
As far as I know, we don't have any numbers on Google in terms of artists/albums/songs.

Rdio has the best mobile app of the big three (Spotify, Rdio, and MOG). That said, Google has that attractive $7.99 if you start before the end of June.

As far as I know, we don't have any numbers on Google in terms of artists/albums/songs.

Rdio has the best mobile app of the big three (Spotify, Rdio, and MOG). That said, Google has that attractive $7.99 if you start before the end of June.

I'm in Canada though so by the time the app launches it'll be the same price.

I guess if it is the same then there's not much reason to switch. Good to know.

GatorBait

Biggest difference is that you upload your own music to the cloud to have it together with your subscribed music. I'm also digging the Google Music app just as much, if not more, than the Rdio app, as well.

Fatalah

How is the stock keyboard in the latest Jellybean? I understand it has finger slide typing just like Swype and Swiftkey. If I had the latest Jellybean, I may not have bought Swiftkey.

nah, it just includes some SwiftKey technology, and while it has the word suggestions, it doesn't have the autocorrections.

Auto correct was actually disabled by Samsung. The function is there but hidden for whatever reason. People have released modded Samsung keyboard apks which activate it.

I'm actually kind of on the fence about auto correct. It trends to try too hard to correct technical terms I use which is a pain in the ass.

Auto correct was actually disabled by Samsung. The function is there but hidden for whatever reason. People have released modded Samsung keyboard apks which activate it.

I'm actually kind of on the fence about auto correct. It trends to try too hard to correct technical terms I use which is a pain in the ass.

nah, it's awesome.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If I start Google Music All Access now, then cancel in two months, will it still be $8? Or is it only $8 until you cancel?

Groof

But what backwards reasoning can there be for not only disabling it, but also hiding the option from the user? Merely disabling it by default is questionable at best but then to also hide the functionality entirely is just dickish and horrible. HORRIBLE I tell you.

Schlep

20 Questions With Your Boy Brett aka The NeoGAF Android Survey!
Brought to You by Brettison

1. What phone do you currently use as your daily driver? Samsung Galaxy S4

2. What ROM are you currently using on your phone be it stock or custom? Stock

3. What's the total amount of space on your phone and how much are you currently using? 6GB

4. Do you own an LTE enabled device? Yes

5. Do you live in an LTE coverage area? Yes and No. T-Mobile is beginning to turn up LTE in Dallas/Ft. Worth, but it's spotty, to say the least.

6. Who is your current service provider? T-Mobile

7. Do you own a tablet and if so which one(s)? Nexus 7 and Surface RT

8. If you own a tablet do you have a mobile data version and do you play for mobile data on your tablet? No

9. Do you use a custom battery on your phone? No

10. What is your default web browser? Chrome

11. What is your default music player? Play Music and Spotify

12. What is your default e-mail app? Gmail

13. What is one app you can't live without? Plume

14. How many minutes do you actually talk on your phone on average in a month? Maybe 900

15. Do you use a case on your phone and/or tablet? No

16. Do you use headphones with your phone/tablet? If so what ones? Yes. Sennheiser earbuds and headphones

17. What is your default keyboard? Kii Keyboard

18. Which app/service do you use most to upload pictures to? Twitter

19. If you could change just one thing about your current android devices what would it be? Don't give me 'recommendations' in the notification area when I plug in headphones

20. What was your 1st ever Android device? HTC Evo 4G

so Fruit Ninja is Amazon's free app today, guess the heavy hitters will having a run at things for the global launch.

But what backwards reasoning can there be for not only disabling it, but also hiding the option from the user? Merely disabling it by default is questionable at best but then to also hide the functionality entirely is just dickish and horrible. HORRIBLE I tell you.

apparently it's hidden in north american models but an actual option (off by default) in international versions. doesn't matter, i already have SwiftKey proper.

apparently it's hidden in north american models but an actual option (off by default) in international versions. doesn't matter, i already have SwiftKey proper.

I have Swiftkey proper too. It was an Amazon Free App of the Day way back during the Amazon App Store's original US launch. I actually prefer the Samsung keyboard over Swiftkey just because of the number pad on top.

Angst

Is anyone reading these surveys? Can then not be PMed or have their own thread or something?

+1

A couple of pages back people that posted their home screens got reprimanded, now we have to have tons of posts about a survey... Posting a link to an online survey (powered by google docs of course) would have been a better option IMO.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Anytime I try to use the scan feature on the new Drive app, I get a sold white page with a thing edge of scrambled pixels along the right border. =\

survivor

Banned
Stupid question, but the Amazon App Store just launched in Canada today. If I download it for my Nexus 4, it won't interfere with the Play store or have any complications in the future right?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Stupid question, but the Amazon App Store just launched in Canada today. If I download it for my Nexus 4, it won't interfere with the Play store or have any complications in the future right?

Nope. The only annoying thing is if you buy the same app in both stores, they don't always update on the same schedule, the App Store can be a few days or weeks behind for apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom