• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Chrome Beta out, v28:

The Chrome team is excited to announce the promotion of Chrome 28 to the Beta channel. Chrome for Android 28.0.1500.21 contains a number of new improvements including:
*Google Translate: When you come across a page written in a language that isn't in the same language as your phone or tablet, look for the translation bar
*Fullscreen on tablets: Simply scroll the page to dismiss the toolbar
*Support for fullscreen API
*New graph showing your estimated bandwidth savings when you use the experimental data compression feature
*Mobile friendly error pages

Loving the translate feature.

New Chrome Beta out, v28:

Loving the translate feature.

Yeah that is awesome. And digging around the issues a bit, it looks like scheduler improvements should land for M29 which get us closer to the magical 60fps and better performance in Chrome mobile.

EDIT: Some slight UI changes too. Nice.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
What's everyones opinion on the Snapdragon BatteryGuru app? I seem to find it pretty effective.

Didn't help at all. It actually changed my settings to use more battery. Was consistently getting 15-30 minutes less screen time on my Nexus 4.

Doesn't help to try it. Might help but it's a placebo if anything in my opinion.

JCizzle

This new music service uses so much bandwidth, holy shit. Was thinking about subscribing, but it would destroy my plan. They really need a lower quality option.

Ecto311

Anyone have a good guide for getting the s3 back on stock firmware? Have cm 10 and it's no good for some reason and my wife wants to go back to stock on the att s3

Cipherr

This new music service uses so much bandwidth, holy shit. Was thinking about subscribing, but it would destroy my plan. They really need a lower quality option.

Ahahaha wow you are right, I hadnt noticed because even with usage I dont get near my monthly cap. But I have used about 2GBs through it already. It definitely must be streaming full quality. But even then, the data usage seems high as HELL.

Talon

Ahahaha wow you are right, I hadnt noticed because even with usage I dont get near my monthly cap. But I have used about 2GBs through it already. It definitely must be streaming full quality. But even then, the data usage seems high as HELL.
Woof. Spotify and even Rdio do a great job at using lower bandwidth for mobile use, and they of course have the caching options.

Presumably All Access does caching, too?

I could go to a carrier that offers unlimited data...but then I won't have LTE. LTE takes precedence. I rarely even come close to my 6GB monthly allowance anyway.

3phemeral

There's definitely something going awry with Google's servers as I've never had so many issues with Google Music. Downloads were never this show and I'm even having difficulty streaming on low quality settings. I don't know if this high bandwidth thing was an issue before but I imagine it's something to do with All Access' implementation. Hope it doesn't take too long to fix.

Looks like Amazon App Store is going back to that legendary US launch month when it was something good every day. Today's free app is Cut the Rope: Experiments!

Groof

Totally agreed. I haven't used it much, maybe 30-40 minutes tops and it's used almost 600mb. Spotify wouldn't even come close to that, even on highest quality. If I used it consistently for a full month my 3gb would be gooooone

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
You people use the radio feature while out and about? I'd be more worried about my battery life than data TBH.

Pinning playlists when mobile, radio on desktop for me.

Groof

You people use the radio feature while out and about? I'd be more worried about my battery life than data TBH.

Pinning playlists when mobile, radio on desktop for me.

I like discovering music on the go, but yeah you're right. I'm usually worried about both.

So I have been rocking my Droid X since January 2011 and I think its time I finally upgrade. Mostly due to having run it through the dirt over the years. Its got cracks, dead pixels and to talk I must put it on speaker. O yea I'm terrible with these things lol.

So I'm obviously not the biggest phone junkie so I don't really know much so I was hoping for some advice. I want to stay with Droid and was hoping to get some suggestions on the best one to look for at the moment. I have Verizon if that limits any choices for me. As of late I have just been trying to ride it out until a must have comes out. Suggestions?

Toki767

So I have been rocking my Droid X since January 2011 and I think its time I finally upgrade. Mostly due to having run it through the dirt over the years. Its got cracks, dead pixels and to talk I must put it on speaker. O yea I'm terrible with these things lol.

So I'm obviously not the biggest phone junkie so I don't really know much so I was hoping for some advice. I want to stay with Droid and was hoping to get some suggestions on the best one to look for at the moment. I have Verizon if that limits any choices for me. As of late I have just been trying to ride it out until a must have comes out. Suggestions?

Verizon...I think your only real choice is the Galaxy S4.

Kiraly

Dropped my phone and everything was fine, unlocking just took longer and there were some weird lines on my screen for the first few seconds - now half a day later it only displays garbled mess. Feels fucking bad man. I need a quick (cheap) replacement.

Ephemeris

The man who leaked the Galaxy S4 Google Edition now confirms HTC One Google Edition.

Read more here

Sources claim this vanilla HTC One will be announced within the next two weeks, with potential release slated for sometime this summer. This falls in line with claims from HTC that production for the One will be doubling soon, as well as plan to have the HTC One updates to Android 4.2.2. in the same time frame.

Honestly, if it's just stock and not getting that Google love, what's the point.

Nicktendo86

Is it just me or does the updated chrome beta load quicker? Chrome has been as slow as a two legged dog on my galaxy nexus but is zipping at the mo.

Edit: Just read about the speeding up due to the proxy server thing, that explains it. They were no lying about reduced data usage, my phone is showing it has used 61% less data with the feature turned on!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
A Nexus One part deux would be awesome.

Cigol

Don't tell anyone but I think my Google magazine trial subscriptions I cancelled are still working... Anyone else have this 'problem'?

Pctx

Banned
The man who leaked the Galaxy S4 Google Edition now confirms HTC One Google Edition.

Read more here

Sources claim this vanilla HTC One will be announced within the next two weeks, with potential release slated for sometime this summer. This falls in line with claims from HTC that production for the One will be doubling soon, as well as plan to have the HTC One updates to Android 4.2.2. in the same time frame.

Honestly, if it's just stock and not getting that Google love, what's the point.

What is it with you people and hating stock? Jesus, I would slap every single one of you if I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom