• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you select all mail or just your inbox? Seems to work for me with the latter.

You can change the color of the icons in their latest update which is nice. Looks really smart having the screen to the left and right with these app icons.

Oddly enough a few minutes after I posted that it fixed itself.

I now have the notification bar hidden completely and a finger swipe down gesture to still use it. Full screen wallpapers look fantastic, and this new theme really shows off the 1080p screen better than stock did.

Google music banners are seriously fucked. lol

qMBe65p.jpg

Cigol

No I just mean the behaviour your describing would be normal were it reversed; restriction on images that show up via lock screen camera, whilst all images via home or app drawer. That's how it works on my phone but you say yours happens opposite to that?

for two weekends in a row and two graduations in a row i have seen:

the pattern of more expensive phones in cases is undeniable.

that some people really need to calm down after their fam's name is called... ok, a few seconds, cool, but c'mon, you gotta chill before the next name is called.

no Nexus 7 fronties this time but yeah, iPad and Samsung Tabs being held up to take pictures eeeeerywhere. i even saw a woman with a Galaxy Note 10.1 in an Otterbox case. it looked like she was taking pictures with a suitcase that has to be stowed under your seat or in the overhead compartment.

the amazing value of S Beam! Seriously, sending a bunch of pics so fast and easily is so amazing. GOOGLE ADD THAT SHIT TO STOCK YO!

Cigol

What margin/row and column space settings do you have? I can't get my widgets to look as nicely spaced as that :(
Hold the volume down button whilst in Nova settings and it will unlock 'lab' settings that allow you to enable big grid, where you have 12x8. Widget size I used is 3x1.

Yeah, me too. Also, I can't seems to find the Calendar widget like on the screenshot.
Latest update seems to have misplaced it, guess it will be back soon.

Nicktendo86

Hold the volume down button whilst in Nova settings and it will unlock 'lab' settings that allow you to enable big grid, where you have 12x8. Widget size I used is 3x1.

Latest update seems to have misplaced it, guess it will be back soon.
Wow, used nova for yonks but never knew that. You have saved mW a massive headache, thanks!

No I just mean the behaviour your describing would be normal were it reversed; restriction on images that show up via lock screen camera, whilst all images via home or app drawer. That's how it works on my phone but you say yours happens opposite to that?

Yeah, mine's the opposite. Really weird.

Any tips for preserving battery life on an android phone?

I leave for work about 3pm with a full battery, and by the time I get off around midnight the battery is near dead. The only way I can save the battery is to put it in airplane mode.

I do assume that being connected to wifi is going to drain some battery, but the whole thing in a night? Are there any things that I may be missing to help preserve the battery?

Just throwing this out there again. Appreciate any input. :)

pax217

What's the latest news on the next Nexus 4, or whatever? I've had a Droid Pro for a few years now, and still love it-- but the thing can barely do a calculator anymore with all the updates over the years. I'd like to get the next "Google phone" assuming it's not an 8in screen or something.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HTC One GE is going to be hamstrung by the asinine button configuration HTC chose.

Samsung doesn't get a free pass either. SOFTWARE BUTTONS 4 LIFE

What's the latest news on the next Nexus 4, or whatever? I've had a Droid Pro for a few years now, and still love it-- but the thing can barely do a calculator anymore with all the updates over the years. I'd like to get the next "Google phone" assuming it's not an 8in screen or something.

nexus 4 likely coming in white...that's probably it. Or wait for Nexus 5 in october ish.

The shit I took this morning was feature complete, didn't make it any better though.

awwwshittt

Futureman

I use Google Voice and I know I can't get group texts, but 3 friends just switched from iPhone and they were saying last night they weren't getting group text messages. Two are using an S4 and one is using HTC One. I assume they are using the stock TouchWiz and Sense text apps. These should play fine w/ group texts, right?

I'm thinking it may have been someone sending a group iMessage, but I'll have to ask.

vgamer1

So after getting an S4 even though I was iffy about touchwiz, I realize that touchwiz isn't really that bad at all. Throw on nova launcher and a stock messaging app, and I get all the cool S4 touchwiz features with the look of stock! This is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom