• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad we already discussed everything without you man. You're gonna have to catch the re-runs that will be going on until October nears.

I dunno. I get the feeling Coco would be hilarious in the Stock vs. TouchWiz wars.

I don't wanna give up my sources....but I got some info about the new jb. Its more of a soft release... So ill try not have a scenario where i blue myself accidently.

Post it on the G+ group.

nex5 or BUST. Only relevant thing left for this year.

Galaxy S4 Nexus Edition is the N5. Deal with it.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
nex5 or BUST. Only relevant thing left for this year.

EWmof.gif

Galaxy S4 Nexus Edition is the N5. Deal with it.

It's barely a N4.1, let alone an N5.

EWmof.gif

It's barely a N4.1, let alone an N5.

Nexus line wishes it can ever be as good as the S4.

The only advantage now of the nexus is maybe the cheaper price. But if the trend continue, next superior Google expirience will be the S5 Google edition(and the next version HTC One ..if HTC is still alive)

But yeah...stock Google is overrated and the nexus line sucks compare to other flagships.

At least stock android + flagship phone = Better than mediocre mid tier nexus.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

This is the same phone that tried to trick people into thinking it might have been 2% not shitty-ass plastic but then it was revealed that part was actually 100% shitty-ass plastic, right?

To answer my own question, indeed it was.

Even the silver band around the sides, which is obviously supposed to look like metal, is plastic.

Samsung'd. Everyone thought that was metal when it was revealed.

This is the same phone that tried to trick people into thinking it might have been 2% not shitty-ass plastic but then it was revealed that part was actually 100% shitty-ass plastic, right?

To answer my own question, indeed it was.

Superior plastic phone > 8gig non expandable memory, terrible battery life, NO LTE! And running a beta OS.

LOL Nexus..

Groof

The only advantage now of the nexus is maybe the cheaper price. But if the trend continue, next superior Google expirience will be the S5 Google edition(and the next version HTC One ..if HTC is still alive)

But yeah...stock Google is overrated and the nexus line sucks compare to other flagships.

At least stock android + flagship phone = Better than mediocre mid tier nexus.
Should I bother? It feels like I should, but I can't.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Nexus HTC One shits on both the Nexus GS4 and the N4. #theymad

One supporters I can actually understand. HTC build quality is impeccable.

True, I have the HTC One and it is arguably the best android phone right now. But S4 is still top tier....nexus line wish it can be higher than a mid tier phone.

You know it came out 6 months before the S4 right? And at half the price.

You'd think $350 extra would buy you a lot more than you actually get with the S4 GE.

One supporters I can actually understand. HTC build quality is impeccable.

You know it came out 6 months before the S4 right? And at half the price.

You'd think $350 extra would buy you a lot more than you actually get with the S4 GE.

You know the millions of s4 users who got their phone under contract will soon get stock androids also, once the developers start porting.

I give developers a couple of weeks to port gs4 ge ROM to the carrier version.

Soo there's millions of people who bought a superior s4 for 200 dollars that can have stock android vs. 300 dollar mid tier nexus4.

Groof

You know the millions of s4 users who got their phone under contract will soon get stock androids also, once the developers start porting.

I give developers a couple of weeks to port gs4 ge ROM to the carrier version.
Why do you even care when you hate stock Android so much??

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If Google takes over updates themselves, that's a big deal in the tech world. But does it matter for the masses? I'm not sure.

Not everyone likes to pay twice the price for a god awful AMOLED display that smears blacks, has Touchwiz and is made by Samsung though.

Holy fucking christ when is the black smearing even noticable or a big deal? The screen is fantastic. If you don't like the "smearing", set it to movie mode.

Touchwiz is ugly but has great features and doesn't feel like a beta unlike stock. Functionality > form.

And what the hell is wrong with Samsung now?

Some people seem to bitch just to bitch, i swear.

also intriguing how you ignore the hardware difference. :lol :lol (I owned a N4 too. Don't chide me on not knowing what it's like. Not a bad phone. It's a great phone. GS4 is better though)

Groof

And what the hell is wrong with Samsung now?

• Piss poor plastic straight from the fisher price factory, complete with glossy coating to make it even worse.
  • Horrible conservative hardware design.
  • Even with hardware components from the heavens it has software and an interface that still manages to lag at times (i've experienced this extensively and anyone who says otherwise is either blind or lying).
  • Software design that lacks uniformity and has the same aesthetics that a rabid monkey with only three fingers and a knife in its left eye could come up with.
  • Physical home button.

I could go on but I need breakfast.

• Piss poor plastic straight from the fisher price factory, complete with glossy coating to make it even worse.
  • Horrible conservative hardware design.
  • Even with hardware components from the heavens it has software and an interface that still manages to lag at times (i've experienced this extensively and anyone who says otherwise is either blind or lying).
  • Software design that lacks uniformity and has the same aesthetics that a rabid monkey with only three fingers and a knife in its left eye could come up with.
  • Physical home button.

I could go on but I need breakfast.

All this and it's still superior compare to the nexus 4.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why would anyone get a stock S4 over a stock One?

Bboy AJ

Because HTC support for their devices is shit after 6 months generally and some of us prefer the s4? I'll show my say out before you tell me our preferences and opinions are wrong.
HTC won't support it. Google will. How do you prefer the S4 to the One?

Don't be such an antagonist. I only asked a question.

Don't be such an antagonistic little shit. I only asked a question.

AH, that's right. Didn't think about that. Too tired I guess.

I just don't like the feel or look of the One. I like the s4. My brother has it and I've played around with it. Both are fantastic phones, but I just prefer the s4.

Toki767

Don't be such an antagonistic little shit. I only asked a question.

I believe the deal was that HTC and Samsung are still responsible for putting out the stock updates around the time the Nexus devices get them.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Well, I was 4 days under on Coppy's ban. But at least I beat Faceless (although when haven't I beat Faceless, trololol.)

Man, is there a way to use GMail with an account without having that account being all over the OS now? I just want to check e-mail with it, not have everything be associated with it. I know you can turn off what it syncs to, but it still pops up everywhere as an option and it's annoying.

Nicktendo86

Man, is there a way to use GMail with an account without having that account being all over the OS now? I just want to check e-mail with it, not have everything be associated with it. I know you can turn off what it syncs to, but it still pops up everywhere as an option and it's annoying.
Well you can disable built in apps you don't want so that should solve your issue? Not tried this but can you use log into your gmail on the stock email app?

Bboy AJ

Not that I'm aware and it's so annoying. I have a spam email and all I want to do is check email on it. I don't want it popping up as an option when I, for example, Share an item through Hangouts.

LG says 'no' to future Nexus device, teases new tablet and non-Android smartphone

Highlight for me:

When asked if it would follow Samsung by releasing a Google Edition of its flagship phone, Wong dismissed the idea, adding that it "has no added value for us without our own skins."

Fuck your skins.

edit: oh and:

Looking further down the line, LG wants to reduce its dependance on other companies. Noting that "the current duopoly of Google and Apple is not healthy for the market," Wong said his company would focus on bringing devices running other platforms to the market. It doesn't plan on developing its own OS, however, so Wong's comments could be related to LG's commitment to produce phones running Mozilla's Firefox OS, or perhaps it will look to another open-source effort like Tizen or Ubuntu.

Good luck with that.

Nicktendo86

I kinda don't believe that. We know the head of LG had a meeting with Google recently and they have said before they plan to make more nexus products. LG have gone from practically zero to 4% of all smartphone sales thanks to the N4 so they would be mad to ditch the nexus program. I think this is a ruse.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
LG gives up too easily. And why jump to frickin Firefox OS before Windows Phone? They made first Gen phones and then quit. Although, Nokia has a monopoly on that platform now so maybe it is better that they seek a blue ocean.

edit: verge updated their article. LG isn't making the nexus 5, but it would be open to future nexus devices after all. Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom