• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Hence why everyone is about ready to pop when it comes to "needing" a Nexus 7 refresh it seems.

Whenever i think my nexus 7 is too slow I use my GNex for a few minutes and it breathes at least another few weeks of life into the 7.

I use my 7 A LOT, and i would be first in line to get a refresh... i was hoping it would be announced earlier then it is

Pctx

Banned
Whenever i think my nexus 7 is too slow I use my GNex for a few minutes and it breathes at least another few weeks of life into the 7.

I use my 7 A LOT, and i would be first in line to get a refresh... i was hoping it would be announced earlier then it is

Given that we're getting 4.3 in a few weeks, I would imagine we'd see a hardware refresh following that w/ a 4.3 rollout on those devices. I'm surprised we haven't heard any leaks tho of ASUS doing a new testing.

Ephemeris

I wanted a N10 for a Christmas present to myself, but it was out of stock. Went and copped another iPad instead.

That one's on you GOOG.

Fatalah

Uhh, is the Nexus 7 a nexus device?

Be nice!

bad-puppy-dog.jpg

Groof

Funny, just the other day I was trying to change the repetition of an event through the Calendar app and couldn't, yearning for an update. And there it is. Still haven't gotten it, though.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Expanded notifications. That was 4.2 right? Edit, 4.1 and the app says 4.1 and above, so it's likely to do with the notifications.

Weird they changed it in the blog post to 4.1 as well. You can even see people complaining it wasn't 4.1 compatible in the comments on both the official blog and the site that was linked above.

Edit: Also I didn't have Google Calendar installed and just installed it but only got the old version like 10 mins ago. Just checked and now it says I already have an update.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
Can someone please help me cuz I'm very lost. So I just got an LG Optimus Elite for $69.99. It's actually pretty nice, I like it. So far I've gotten it rooted but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do after that. I try following guides and they all seem to be made for different phones. I guess this phone isn't that popular. Now I have a bunch of apps on there because each app seems to need other apps to run. Can someone please help me. I just want to put an unbloated rom on my phone.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Nice to see Calendar getting an update. All it leaves is for the Email app to get a serious update.
Functionality needs improving & Office 365 integration is essential if Android is to be taken seriously as an enterprise class device out of the box like the iPhone is.

Nice to see Calendar getting an update. All it leaves is for the Email app to get a serious update.
Functionality needs improving & Office 365 integration is essential if Android is to be taken seriously as an enterprise class device out of the box like the iPhone is.

Didn't they announce a new update today for email?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
X phone be real yo

At D, Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside has just confirmed that the company is working on a flagship phone, and that it is indeed called the Moto X. The phone will be made in the US, it will have an OLED screen, and Woodside has said that "We know when it's in your pocket, we know when it's in your hand, it's going to know when you want to take a picture and fire up the cameras." It'll know when you're in the car, for instance, and promotes different interactions.

It's going to be built in Texas, in a 5,000-square-foot facility currently used to manufacture Nokia phones. Woodside says Moto X will be the first smartphone built in the United States, and was clearly proud of that fact. Some components will come from the US, too, though portions will come from Taiwan, Korea, and elsewhere. The phone is explicitly designed to compete with the iPhone and the Galaxy lineup, though Woodside did say that one of of the areas Motorola sees as promising is in high-quality, low-cost devices.

Woodside has the phone in his pocket on stage at the conference, but wouldn't show it to Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher during their interview. Android head Sundar Pichai has seen it, apparently, but Woodside adamantly claimed that Motorola is treated no differently than any other Android partner.

http://www.theverge.com/android/201...one-is-real-says-motorola-ceo-dennis-woodside

Can someone please help me cuz I'm very lost. So I just got an LG Optimus Elite for $69.99. It's actually pretty nice, I like it. So far I've gotten it rooted but I can't for the life of me figure out what I'm supposed to do after that. I try following guides and they all seem to be made for different phones. I guess this phone isn't that popular. Now I have a bunch of apps on there because each app seems to need other apps to run. Can someone please help me. I just want to put an unbloated rom on my phone.

you're supposed to do all of the research first, then actually start to mess with the device.

but anyway: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-elite-rooting-roms-hacks/

it's not a very popular phone.

Adent

Can't manage for sh!t
you're supposed to do all of the research first, then actually start to mess with the device.

but anyway: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-elite-rooting-roms-hacks/

it's not a very popular phone.

Yeah but I'm poor. /shrug I've been to that forum and that's what got me all confused. I'm spending all today trying to figure this out.

I found this guide and it seems better.

http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/620742-faq-guide-clockworkmod-optimus-elite.html

Wish me luck.

Its like the N10 was sent out to die. Supply issues at launch, I've not seen it in any shops (is it even available outside of then play store?) and, even though it is cheaper than the iPad I still consider it slightly too expensive. Its like Google have these great products and they are not sure if they want to sell them!

I love my Nexus 10. And it is certainly available outside the play store; I bought mine at a Staples store of all places.

jokkir

Any update on the Google Edition S4? I'm hoping it'll be easy to install stock Android on my AT&T S4?

I would assume you still have to root and whatnot to install stock. Why not just root and install a CM10.1 nightly? Though I can't comment on the stability on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom