• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why Samsung and Sony have back up plans for Android. If Google push too hard with Moto and hit hardware margins, I think Samsung, Sony and possibly HTC will just wave goodbye to Android. Android without Galaxy is not so appealing for consumers.

The thing is though, Motorola will never get the support given to them from carriers that devices like Samsung's get. Disrupting is pretty much their only option. I think we're an epic long ways off from them getting to a point where companies like Samsung are even batting their eyelids.

Also Today is the LG event right? If they announce the G2 then everyone will know the specs of the Nexus 5.

Groof

sundar just announced the nexus version of the HTC one

$599 unlocked

at&t & t- mobile bands

d11 interview going on right now...

shipping June 26th

IMGS9244-M.jpg

If you already own a One you don't really need to buy it. I assume developers will get a fully functional stock ROM for any One soon after release.

Groof

That's why, for me, these stock editions are great but they are not true stock devices as Google intended. I really hope they don't do away with the nexus program.

Sundar said in the interview that they're not getting rid of the Nexus program. I've been on #teamsoftbutt since the beginning, would hate to see them get rid of them.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If you already own a One you don't really need to buy it. I assume developers will get a fully functional stock ROM for any One soon after release.

Yeah best news about this is the drivers will come available for stock. This could end up being $$$ for say the Cyanogen community on both the HTC One and the Samsung GS4.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
The stock One is awesome. But it sure as hell isn't twice the price awesome. Nexus 4 is still the GOAT. I do like how they kept Beats, though. Some people care about that so nice work. I wonder how the buttons will work.

You can force the layout in web gmail by clicking the cog on the upper right side of the inbox and selecting Configure inbox.

That worked for me. Thanks!

Groof

The stock One is awesome. But it sure as hell isn't twice the price awesome. Nexus 4 is still the GOAT. I do like how they kept Beats, though. Some people care about that so nice work. I wonder how the buttons will work.

I sort of agree. N4 is damn near unbeatable for the price point it has. But the HTC One GE is probably the next best thing.

Am I the only one irked by the fact that the One has the same screen size as the N4, but is as large as the GS4?

But way better looking and feeling than the gs4.

I was at the mall recently and they had a One kiosk set up and we went over to it. My friend said "never heard of this, is it better than the new Samsung?".

Htc fucking suuucks. -also all the guy there Said was "hi".

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Sundar said in the interview that they're not getting rid of the Nexus program. I've been on #teamsoftbutt since the beginning, would hate to see them get rid of them.

Yeah, that's huge. Hey, if people want to buy these $600 phones, cool. As long as I have my 95% as good, half price Nexus device, I'm happy. The main issue with every Nexus device has been the camera. And Google specifically said that would be addressed next go around. I'm good, homey!

Nicktendo86

Yeah, that's huge. Hey, if people want to buy these $600 phones, cool. As long as I have my 95% as good, half price Nexus device, I'm happy. The main issue with every Nexus device has been the camera. And Google specifically said that would be addressed next go around. I'm good, homey!
I don't even care about the camera, my gnexus is good enough and the n4 is better than that so I am good on that front.

Groof

I don't even care about the camera, my gnexus is good enough and the n4 is better than that so I am good on that front.

Yeah, seriously. Smartphone cameras have been getting better as of late, but all they're still good for is quick snapshots for those times where you don't have a camera with you.

My issue with the N4 ws always the storage. 8 to 16 gigs without external SD card? Complete non starter for me. It would be a pain in the ass to do any 1080p video on that thing.

Nexus 4 will always be great value but lets not pretend like it isn't worse in every way lol. One has better build quality, better screen, better sound, better battery, better storage, better processor, etc...

Of course the value people place on any one of these things is different but yeah point remains. It's the nexus 5 that will probably make these phones look shamefully overpriced...probably.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
HTC One Google Edition Updates:

HTC confirmed to us that the Google Edition will retain the same two-button setup, and they'll have the same functions as before: short press of Home for Home, long press for Google Now and double tap for Recent Apps. The back button will also remain the same, and the black menu bar that plagues third-party apps that haven't complied with Google's design specifications isn't going anywhere. We were also told that Beats Audio will still be integrated into the device as a hardware optimization, but the visual indicator -- currently found in the status bar on the original One -- won't be there.

hee hee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom