• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

p0QHO.gif

I never doubted you, master.

reKon

Banned

But really you haven't told us anything. You fucked up on release dates, when information would be leaking, and you yourself aren't even sure of the specs. In other words your posting hasn't given us anymore knowledge than various sites/blogs have. I'm not doubting that you do know someone, but at least admit that you probably shouldn't have said anything

Dammit, even putting pctx on my ignore list, I still see hes post quoted :(

I have a hot tip!
The galaxy s5, the successor of the popular s4! It will be coming out sometimes in the future and its made by Samsung..it's a phone! Get hype!

Pctx

Banned
So the XFON is actually going to be available this summer instead of October? Guess it's back to being shit confirmed lol.

Go eat your October pie filled with crow next month.

But really you haven't told us anything. You fucked up on release dates, when information would be leaking, and you yourself aren't even sure of the specs. In other words your posting hasn't given us anymore knowledge than various sites/blogs have. I'm not doubting that you do know someone, but at least admit that you probably shouldn't have said anything

I said what I saw and nothing more.

Dammit, even putting pctx on my ignore list, I still see hes post quoted :(
Really? Get bent.

Ephemeris

I saw the article while at work today and immediately lol'd.

First thing that came to mind was "Aw man, I wonder what Pctx is going to say now."

I'm a terrible person. :(

That said, shit changes all the time. I've seen AAPL make some pretty big relatively last-minute changes as well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I saw the article while at work today and immediately lol'd.

First thing that came to mind was "Aw man, I wonder what Pctx is going to say now."

I'm a terrible person. :(

That said, shit changes all the time. I've seen AAPL make some pretty big relatively last-minute changes as well.

Ooh, dish it sistah.

iavi

It's possible that the actual xphone (Moto X) is still some super flagship beast, while the other, cheaper variants mentioned at all things D are the low spec models we've seen floating about.

I...I'm getting back on the hype train. ALLL ABBBBOARD

OLED too? Come to Verizon and it's sounding like a deal.

Fatalah

It's possible that the actual xphone (Moto X) is still some super flagship beast, while the other, cheaper variants mentioned at all things D are the low spec models we've seen floating about.

I...I'm getting back on the hype train. ALLL ABBBBOARD

OLED too? Come to Verizon and it's sounding like a deal.

The Android blogosphere is exploding with positive comments regarding Moto X. Watching the full video interview now, Woodside is bent on 'disrupting' the status quo of smartphone pricing. That sounds like Google's influence.

Props to the Verge's hard-hitting question at the 33:30 mark.

No lies though. Razr max or better battery life for the Moto X would tempt me big time. Because that's probably better battery than the nexus 5 would get.

Also I'm not worried about price. They straight up said it will be aggressive. Just waiting on specs.

wario

just watched that all things D video and the host mentioned sundar will be there tomorrow to talk about android.

possible he'll announce 4.3?

Does anyone know of an app that lets you control the volume and music skipping controls on another android device? I figure of some Bluetooth devices can do it, there's gotta be an app for it too.

Also, why can't I transfer/ install stuff to my SD Card. The only things that go there are camera photos / videos

* I probably posted this in the wrong place

Angst

Does anyone know of an app that lets you control the volume and music skipping controls on another android device? I figure of some Bluetooth devices can do it, there's gotta be an app for it too.

Also, why can't I transfer/ install stuff to my SD Card. The only things that go there are camera photos / videos

SD-card - have you tried airdroid and what do you see when you use a file manager (ie solid explorer)?

Not sure about volume and media controls from one device to another.

Androidcentral Padfone 2 unboxing!

Check the bluetooth keyboard emulators? Maybe one of them has media buttons?

Depending on device and Android version, you can't install apps to SD without rooting/mods.

The Android blogosphere is exploding with positive comments regarding Moto X. Watching the full video interview now, Woodside is bent on 'disrupting' the status quo of smartphone pricing. That sounds like Google's influence.

Props to the Verge's hard-hitting question at the 33:30 mark.

This is why Samsung and Sony have back up plans for Android. If Google push too hard with Moto and hit hardware margins, I think Samsung, Sony and possibly HTC will just wave goodbye to Android. Android without Galaxy is not so appealing for consumers.

reKon

Banned
X Phone will need to have a screen where I can't see pixels. The HTC One has spoiled me. Also it needs to have at least a snapdragon 600 because it's the fist processor I've had in a phone that performs brilliantly all the time and gives me good battery life all the time.

Talon

I like how my Spam Gmail account got the new features today...while my OG Gmail account that I've been using since the early days is still waiting.

>_>

Fatalah

So how much cheaper is it? Because that's amazingly brazen if its an actual mass market product.

Price of the Moto X? We can only guess. Reports of the FCC filings mentioned the phone uses last year's Snapdragon chip. That could mean the XFON/MotoX is at least equal to the price of the Nexus 4, but Motorola could go even lower if they are looking to make a statement.

Groof

You can force the layout in web gmail by clicking the cog on the upper right side of the inbox and selecting Configure inbox.

Not everyone has gotten that yet. Though I just got the update literally minutes ago, so yeah, I'm happy now.
Except where's my Calendar update.

wario

sundar just announced the nexus version of the HTC one

$599 unlocked

at&t & t- mobile bands

d11 interview going on right now...

shipping June 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom