• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with the N4 ws always the storage. 8 to 16 gigs without external SD card? Complete non starter for me. It would be a pain in the ass to do any 1080p video on that thing.

This and that it lacks LTE!

The HTC One button lay out is no big deal.
Currently there's are mods to make those 3 dot menu on screen menus dissapear. Either hold back button for menu or make the HTC logo a menu button.

161908458s3yib5i8za4np.jpg

6.45 inches

Galaxy note 2 wallpaper included

http://www.91firefly.com/ber8.php

*pours one for emily chu and all the alt accounts*

599 and it comes with better hardware quality AND 32gb storage.

Samsung....feel fucking ashamed.

i wouldn't call permanently removable speakers and gap filled construction quality, but hey, that's just me...

seriously, it's not hard to remove a bunch of icons, theme and arrange the ones left over, use an incredible sterile wallpaper, text weather and time and screenshot it.

But yeah someone mentioned it a page ago about the camera performance on stock but hopefully 5.0 whenever that comes out will feature big improvements to the software. I think it's one of their main goals but they really need to step it up there.

more good news for Stock Android lovers:

no worries about that pesky and confusing FM Tuner that requires a heaphone cable to be plugged in on the HTC One Google Edition

no worries about the space cluttering Zoes and other confusing camera bloatware

no worries about enabling or disabling Beats Audio processing, it's always on (but not always online :p)

and no worries about that strange power/button IR port combination since the IR functionality will be disabled. it's just a power button now.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...tc-camera-features-and-no-beats-audio-switch/

Cipherr

Hmm. Well I don't know what to say really. I expected those changes from a device that would be running stock Android. The only thing that shocks me is that they are saying beats is enabled. Beats is just a software thing AFAIK. Its either on or off. Some mixed messages on that, but I would expect it to be off.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Damn, all those cool features are gone? Awful. Why would anyone want the stock version of the One with less features? Just for the updates? Fuck that.

I'm assuming it won't have Blink Feed either?

also HTC might release their own vanilla android ROM for current HTC One owners. So we may not have to wait for developers:

HTC also provided another interesting tidbit: it's currently "examining the best way to support early adopters of the One"

Doesn't matter for me personally because I'll probably be using a different phone by the time 5.0 is coming out. In the end I consider this more useful for other devices than the One.

Damn, all those cool features are gone? Awful. Why would anyone want the stock version of the One with less features? Just for the updates? Fuck that.

I'm assuming it won't have Blink Feed either?

nope no blinkfeed.

And also there's no mix and matching. You cannot put certain sense/touchwiz feature and functions on stock android. Its not a simply installing an .apk...

Cipherr

Damn, all those cool features are gone? Awful. Why would anyone want the stock version of the One with less features? Just for the updates?

For the top of the line hardware, along with the timely updates, and without the Sense/Wiz/Blur nonsense. I have wanted that for a long time, the OS that I prefer on the hardware I prefer. I cant even count the number of times I have seen a flagship phone from an OEM and thought "If only it ran vanilla Android".

I'm sure these won't be popular with the mainstream the same way Nexus phones themselves aren't popular with the mainstream, but I'm happy as hell that they are doing this, and I hope it continues through the future. I'll probably never use a skinned device again if I get this many choices per year of Vanilla Android phones.

lol, I love that just as Sense is getting good they finally decide to give customers an option for stock Android. Makes it an even harder choice to decide between now.

For the S4, I take stock any day though. Touchwiz is so nasty.

Toki767

lol, I love that just as Sense is getting good they finally decide to give customers an option for stock Android. Makes it an even harder choice to decide between now.

For the S4, I take stock any day though. Touchwiz is so nasty.

I hate how they give us a Nexus type device on the one button setup that's pretty much gimped from the start.

Groof

They should've just gone all the way with the long presses and double taps. Long press on the home button brings up Google Now and double tap the app switcher, right? Well they should've done long press back button for menu where there is one.

Nicktendo86

I just don't get the point, the s4 and one are hardware designed to go hand in hand with their respective software, just slapping aosp onto them a great device does not make.

They should've just gone all the way with the long presses and double taps. Long press on the home button brings up Google Now and double tap the app switcher, right? Well they should've done long press back button for menu where there is one.

That's exactly my set up right now on the One. Long press back button for menu(no annoying 3 dots on the screen). Long press home for Google now and double tap for the app switcher.

I remember this. They're not taking advantage?

its a simple mod. Somebody probably will make a mod the day its release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom