• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

yogloo

I just got a galaxy note 8 and it is pretty friggin amazing. Loving the screen estate and the accuracy of the stylus. This is the perfect gadget. Perfect size, weight and usability. But this can no longer be considered a phone, it's an all around device. The only thing that they can improve is the screen resolution which is currently bearable.
One thing that stands out to me is how the S memo goes on screen if you remove the stylus while on a call. Amazing note taking device.

I just got a galaxy note 8 and it is pretty friggin amazing. Loving the screen estate and the accuracy of the stylus. This is the perfect gadget. Perfect size, weight and usability. But this can no longer be considered a phone, it's an all around device. The only thing that they can improve is the screen resolution which is currently bearable.
One thing that stands out to me is how the S memo goes on screen if you remove the stylus while on a call. Amazing note taking device.

Are you from the future? Is it still plastic?

jokkir

Are you from the future? Is it still plastic?

ts1WnRk.jpg

I don't get Samsung's naming convention

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Android-GAF if I want to try out the free month of Google Play All Access do I have to sign up for the service or can I just get a free month then sign up later if I want it?

If I have to sign up do you get charged right away then credited for your 1st month or is it just straight free? If I cancel do I immediately lose the rest of my free time or can I sign up and immediately cancel and still get my full free month?

Groof

Android-GAF if I want to try out the free month of Google Play All Access do I have to sign up for the service or can I just get a free month then sign up later if I want it?

If I have to sign up do you get charged right away then credited for your 1st month or is it just straight free? If I cancel do I immediately lose the rest of my free time or can I sign up and immediately cancel and still get my full free month?
You won't be charged anything for the first free month and if you cancel you'll have the sub until your month ends. The only thing it does is record your credit card info for renewal, but if you cancel that's not much of a problem.

LJ11

So I made a nandroid backup, moved it to my pc, can't seem to move it back to the folder CWM looks for when restoring. I only saved the backup folder, not the entire cwm folder. Am I fucked?

Just got my HTC One today and is there a known issue downloading apps or something? I have been trying to download a 3mb app for about an hour now

"downloading..."

:/

edit----

force quit the play store, reopened, and it worked!

HoodWinked

i noticed they are slashing the prices of android tablets lately are new models coming out or some announcment soon? whats the "new shit"?

im looking to get a 10in from asus, samsung, or toshiba

I would love to buy a new tablet but they don't make Android tablets in 4:3 and I can't justify the $500 for an iPad just for the limited uses I have. So I just keep using my Touchpad.

Okay. Brother's HTC One stopped working. He took it off the charger and its screen was black. Won't turn on, won't boot into recovery. No charge LEDs come on when plugged in.

Any ideas?

Hope this isn't typical of HTC's shit.

No idea if there's some "trick" here because I have an S4 after an SII and SIII. No idea if there's something else with HTC phones.

Okay. Brother's HTC One stopped working. He took it off the charger and its screen was black. Won't turn on, won't boot into recovery. No charge LEDs come on when plugged in.

Any ideas?

No idea if there's some "trick" here because I have an S4 after an SII and SIII. No idea if there's something else with HTC phones.

hold the power button for 30 seconds then try plugging it in again.

yogloo

Any ideas?

Usually holding the power button will force shutdown. If that doesn't work that sounds bad. Sounds like a bad mobo to me if there is no charge led.

Any ideas?

He should still be within 30 days, just go and exchange the thing.

I was just going to come and post that the new Transformer Infinity uses Tegra 4 but I was beaten.

As usual, rumors of Nvidia's death have been Greatly exaggerated.

The Shield is still going to bomba though.

Any ideas?

Looks like it's just dead. Send it back to wherever he bought it from and get a replacement. The trick to get to hboot is volume up+power and that will also clear the cache when you do boot up.

I was just going to come and post that the new Transformer Infinity uses Tegra 4 but I was beaten.

As usual, rumors of Nvidia's death have been Greatly exaggerated.

The Shield is still going to bomba though.

LOL, one design win does not constitute success. We also don't know what kind of discount Nvidia are giving Asus, it's probably massive, I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing T4 out of the door for half the price of S800 just to drum up a bit of interest.

Nicktendo86

Had a play on my brother's new htc one on Saturday, he can't decide whether to keep it or his nexus 4. I liked the one but wasn't crazy over it, I hate the feel of the gap between then screen and the aluminium.

tino

Banned
Hey for all you Note nerds. From sammobile: :

5.99" sAMOLED Full HD, 13MP, 8mm thick, 182gram, 3GB RAM, LTE (processor not decided yet)

Thats Note 3? Thats really too big for me. The list of my Note 1 replacement still has only LG OG Pro on it. The Lenovo K900 is out since it has no SD slot. Maybe I will consider the Galaxy S4 "zoom" if its not too thick.

LOL, one design win does not constitute success. We also don't know what kind of discount Nvidia are giving Asus, it's probably massive, I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing T4 out of the door for half the price of S800 just to drum up a bit of interest.

Pure speculation on your part. We know Nvidia is selling Tegra below the price of competing SoCs to drum up interest, it's been that way since the original. But the exact discount from Qualcomm's pricing is just baseless conjecture for you and me.

Nicktendo86

Holy shit guys. Saw my first ever HTC One X in the wild with a real person using it. It's only been a year since it came out...

A bloke in my work who sits near me has a red one, I think he said he got it in Japan. I notice he has it constantly plugged into his computer to charge lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom