• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not even trying anymore.

JbJ4pk5.png

C1VMO5O.jpg

What is the tablet on the left? LG?

You'd think that but its actually a device from our good friends Micro Star International, vendor of awful plastic laptops and the worst motherboards amongst first tier motherboard OEMs. Its also using a Allwinner A315 processor, whatever that is, so its basically a pretty decently specced KIRF.

Holy shit guys. Saw my first ever HTC One X in the wild with a real person using it. It's only been a year since it came out...

I'm not even joking at all when I say this but literally every single human being I've seen with an Android phone was using a Galaxy phone. And the only times someone was using something else was once I saw a girl with a HTC One S and 2 dudes using Nexus 4s.

PriitV

The best thing is that I've seen more Note2's than S3's in the wild here in Estonia, it's either an expensive phone or crap sub-100€ device.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
That's actually kind of genius.

However I hate two-OS's-in-one-device setups. Disliked it with the Atrix, dislike it with that Asus, kind dislike it with the Ubuntu phone even though it's the same OS.

However I hate two-OS's-in-one-device setups. Disliked it with the Atrix, dislike it with that Asus, kind dislike it with the Ubuntu phone even though it's the same OS.

but this is really more like two separate devices that share a screen.

Will there be two intel inside stickers on the thing?

yeah, gotta have one on the keyboard base and one on the tablet.

SimleuqiR

Well, it would appear that the Windows OS is not taking anything away from the Android OS and vise versa. Both are housed in their own hardware compartments. This is great if the price is right. If it's more expensive than just getting an ultrabook and a next gen Nexus 7, then there is really no point.

Sadly, I don't care for Windows 8 as a Tablet OS.

also related..

The 8-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 improves upon the 7-inch by offering a slightly bigger and higher resolution 1280 x 800 display and a faster 1.5GHz dual-core processor. The slate packs a 5 megapixel camera on the back, 1.3 megapixel on the front, 16/32GB internal memory with microSD card slot, 1.5GB of RAM, LTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth connectivity, 4,450mAh battery. It's running on the latest Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 model has similar specifications, including the same 1280 x 800 resolution, only it's stretched over 10.1-inches. Only differences here are a faster 1.6GHz dual-core processor, 6,800mAh battery and strangely, a lower resolution 3 megapixel camera and only 1GB of RAM. Also, as you can see from the image above, Samsung has completely dumped the on-screen keys in favor of physical buttons below the display.

they don't even try with the tablets anymore.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Has anyone had issues lately with GPS turning on and searching constantly? Both my N4 and N7 started doing this and I've had to disable it or else it drains my battery very quickly.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Finally, pull to refresh done right on Android. None of this rubber band iOS crap.

Should I sideload the apk or wait for it to roll out to me (which will probably take days)?

Why does anyone ever wait?

Well, it would appear that the Windows OS is not taking anything away from the Android OS and vise versa. Both are housed in their own hardware compartments. This is great if the price is right. If it's more expensive than just getting an ultrabook and a next gen Nexus 7, then there is really no point.

Sadly, I don't care for Windows 8 as a Tablet OS.

you can't run Windows 8 as a Tablet with this though. the Windows 8 motherboard is in the keyboard base.

SimleuqiR

you can't run Windows 8 as a Tablet with this though. the Windows 8 motherboard is in the keyboard base.

I know - That's why I said, in my own way, that I don't care that it can't run Windows 8 on the tablet side. Many people have been saying "What's the point, if you can't run Windows 8 on the Tablet."

It has the mobile OS of my choice, that's the point...wish it was running windows 7 /troll.

reKon

Banned
Does that Asus laptop have the lowest Haswell processor in it? I'd like to know how it would handle steam games like TF2 and popular games like Starctaft II. The fact that I would have all of this in one thin device is appealing to me. I'd like to also know how that Atom will compare to the snapdragon processors

etrain911

I'm thinking of jumping on to the Android train in August with my latest upgrade. I'll probably be picking from the HTC One, the Galaxy S4 or choosing to hold out for the Note 3. Is the Note 3 worth holding out for though? It can't be that much better, can it?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm thinking of jumping on to the Android train in August with my latest upgrade. I'll probably be picking from the HTC One, the Galaxy S4 or choosing to hold out for the Note 3. Is the Note 3 worth holding out for though? It can't be that much better, can it?

How would anyone know

If your upgrade is in August then yes.

of course it is worth waiting for.

How would anyone know

i know.

Faceless knows.

indeed.

kinggroin

Banned

Fiord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom