• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It really isn't that much smaller than the regular One. Or thinner. I wish they would've pushed for a flat 4" to compete with iPhone and make it a real noticeable difference in size.

Nicktendo86

Google clearly needs to integrate Google Games Live! support into the OS, so you can look at your phone game cheevos at any time from anywhere. They could probably put it into Google Now, that's not strictly what it's for but a card with your cheevos on it would work.

This.

Groof said:
What they direly need to do, like right this fucking instant, is give Google Games its own tab in the Play Store so people can browse all the games that support it. Right now it's just guesswork.

And this.

Google clearly needs to integrate Google Games Live! support into the OS, so you can look at your phone game cheevos at any time from anywhere. They could probably put it into Google Now, that's not strictly what it's for but a card with your cheevos on it would work.
It has to be coming, otherwise I can't see any point in this:

Achievements have a point value associated with them. The player's score must be a multiple of 5 and a game can never have a total of more than 1000 points for all of its achievements (although it can have less). In addition, no single achievement can have more than 200 points.

The point value is used for internal tracking only and will not be shown to the player. This gives you the freedom to change point values for achievements as you add new content and new achievements to your game. Nonetheless, we recommend that you keep the point value of an achievement proportional to its difficulty.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Just got the update of JB for my SII from Samsung. Got more Samsung apps clogging up the menus. Need to root to get rid of them. Anyone know if there is a particular way of rooting with JB? Any guides so I don't fuck up?

HTC One mini is here: http://imgur.com/a/Xm1yH
4.3", 720p screen, 2GB ram, 16gb internal memory and UltraPixel camera sensor.

Source (not english): http://forte.delfi.ee/news/digi/eks...efoni-pisijarglane-htc-one-mini.d?id=66239244

Meh at the storage. I would have hoped for 32gb. I wonder if it's 720p60 or 720p30 too. Also it doesn't look that much smaller in this pic:

HJ90URg.jpg

thespot84

anyone else have issues when calling from google hangouts to someone who's still using talk on android?

examples:

I have hangouts (chrome extension), friend has gchat (android talk), text chat works fine:

1. I start a video call, he never sees it. (my video works though in the preview while it's ringing)

2. He calls me using the video option from gchat, I can answer the call and see his video, my video won't work.

Cudder

Just got the new Gmail and its ugly as fuck. My inbox is now full of colorful blocks and letters. Google needs to stop with this "if they don't have a G+ profile then the person gets a generic looking thing as their picture". Seriously...blocks with letters for the persons first name?

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Just got the new Gmail and its ugly as fuck. My inbox is now full of colorful blocks and letters. Google needs to stop with this "if they don't have a G+ profile then the person gets a generic looking thing as their picture". Seriously...blocks with letters for the persons first name?

You can remove them: Settings -> General settings -> Sender Image

Matugi

bro that is MASTA ACE. One of the best of all time.

Lemme show you how it's done

drop the beat homes

Not a flash in the pan
just a passerby fan
When the cops come out
You know mu'fuckas ran
I'm just tryna be frank
Ain't no time fo mistakes
You ain't no Ferris Buehler
You just gonna be late
So while I break necks
And cash checks
And get in touch with the opposite sex
Know I ain't doin' this fo myself
I'm doin' it cus no-one expects
My rise to the top
They expect me to flop
Fall flat on my face
And get swept with a mop

texted to some chick at 12am a week ago when i was wasted

diaspora

I accidently wiped my device so now when I boot the phone it boots into TWRP. The problem though:

Code:
E:failed to mount /sdcard

...Is what happens when I try to mount the bloody thing so I can put a ROM on there to actually flash. Can anyone give me a hand (HTC One S)?

Fatalah

So Google updated the Hangouts app, but still didn't add status? What's Google's problem?! They have status bars on the Google+ website!

Groof

https://plus.google.com/+android/posts/caeWaRkUyrE

Download the AmazeBalls stock Android 4.2 keyboard for any* device.

They're really aiming to release every stock app on the Play Store, huh. Kind of heading towards a more app update focused future than a firmware one. Which is great, because now we won't have to wait several months before a tiny part of the OS gets updated.
How will this tap into Nexus devices, though? Will it appear as already installed?

Groof

The stock Android keyboard is probably one of the worst software keyboards I've ever used. It's absolute shit and I'd gladly pay for SwiftKey again.

Lolno. As much as I love(d) SwiftKey, outside its word predictions and corrections it's pretty damn shit. Boot up on it is reeeeeal slow as well, so for someone like me who switches keyboards a lot it's a real pain in the ass. Had it not been for Kii I'd probably be using the stock keyboard right now.

Nicktendo86

The stock Android keyboard is probably one of the worst software keyboards I've ever used. It's absolute shit and I'd gladly pay for SwiftKey again.
Couldn't disagree more, the stock keyboard is the best I have used. I have the paid version of swift key and always go back to stock.

Edit: just to prove my point I have had to edit this post 3 times after my iPod keyboard has fucked it up

Threi

notag
They're really aiming to release every stock app on the Play Store, huh. Kind of heading towards a more app update focused future than a firmware one. Which is great, because now we won't have to wait several months before a tiny part of the OS gets updated.
How will this tap into Nexus devices, though? Will it appear as already installed?
Showed up as an update on my N7.

Then i went back to Kii Keyboard.

*edit*

no

kinggroin

Banned
I accidently wiped my device so now when I boot the phone it boots into TWRP. The problem though:

Code:
E:failed to mount /sdcard

...Is what happens when I try to mount the bloody thing so I can put a ROM on there to actually flash. Can anyone give me a hand (HTC One S)?

Go to advanced in twrp and push the Rom via ADB

SwiftKey can't even handle something as simple as names and possessive forms.

It depends on the language, I suppose. Haven't had any problems with the things you mentioned.

Lolno. As much as I love(d) SwiftKey, outside its word predictions and corrections it's pretty damn shit. Boot up on it is reeeeeal slow as well, so for someone like me who switches keyboards a lot it's a real pain in the ass. Had it not been for Kii I'd probably be using the stock keyboard right now.

Outside of word prediction and correction? Like, one of the most important things on a software keyboard? SwiftKey let's me use 3 languages at the same time and it's pretty damn good at that. The stock Android keyboard dictionary was really awful, outside of the English one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom