• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groof

Outside of word prediction and correction? Like, one of the most important things on a software keyboard? SwiftKey let's me use 3 languages at the same time and it's pretty damn good at that. The stock Android keyboard dictionary was really awful, outside of the English one.
It excels at those, but that doesn't mean the rest are bad. Yes, the stock keyboard's dictionary for languages other than English are pretty poor, but they're serviceable and it has the language switch key which works great.
Kii is still king, though.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
SwiftKey can predict multiple languages at the same time. That huge for me since I write both in english and french.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I'm trying out the Jelly Bean keyboard and it just isn't as good as SwiftKey. I'll give it some time to see if it grows on me, but so far I can type much faster and with less mistakes on Swift Key than I can on the stock JB keyboard. On this post alone I had to delete so many mistakes...

diaspora

did you clear cache/dalvik/etc?

try CM!

SIM unlock doesn't work on CM, I need to install Trickdroid because it's Sense-based.

In any case, I'm going to:
  1. Get into TWRP
  2. factory wipe
  3. clear cache
  4. install Trickdroid

edit: every time I get to the TWRP logo, the phone reboots. Fucking really? When I choose not to get into fastboot, it sits on the fucking HTC white/green logo screen then just reboots and does this ad nauseum. =I

Doopliss

I love the Google Keyboard. I previously had a slightly busted GApps version on my CM install so I'm really happy it's on Play now.

Swiftkey is good. They both have their ups and downs. Swiftkey has better features, only knock I can think of against it is that it can lag for a split second when it comes up.

Stock JB keyboad works nicely and is minimalist, also there's no lag at all when it pops up. Pretty nice. But it's lacking in some features. All depends on what youlikez.

jayb

Swiftkey is good. They both have their ups and downs. Swiftkey has better features, only knock I can think of against it is that it can lag for a split second when it comes up.

Stock JB keyboad works nicely and is minimalist, also there's no lag at all when it pops up. Pretty nice. But it's lacking in some features. All depends on what youlikez.

Exactly why I prefer stock jb keyboard, even if others have better features.

zedge

some people have better taste than you?

Yea and more people eat at Mcdonalds. :p

Exactly why I prefer stock jb keyboard, even if others have better features.

Yea, I dont need my keyboard to be bright purple with pink polka dots. It needs to work well and be easy to type with. Swift key was awful for me, always hitting the wrong letters or doing really fucked up auto corrects. The stock kb is so much better to me.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
SIM unlock doesn't work on CM, I need to install Trickdroid because it's Sense-based.

In any case, I'm going to:
  1. Get into TWRP
  2. factory wipe
  3. clear cache
  4. install Trickdroid

edit: every time I get to the TWRP logo, the phone reboots. Fucking really? When I choose not to get into fastboot, it sits on the fucking HTC white/green logo screen then just reboots and does this ad nauseum. =I

What HTC device do you have? Also try flashing the 2.3.3 version of TWRP.

Yea and more people eat at Mcdonalds. :p
I'm still salty about them dumping the Angus burgers...

PVMEJYul.png

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I also think the latest version of Swype actually works out better than Swift Key. Swift use to be much better, but Swype closed the gap and pulled ahead.

That being said I like the stock Google JB keyboard because it just seems much more responsive than 3rd party keyboards while still giving me swipe to type + solid auto correction.

jayb

Google just needs to release to the Stock home and lock screen now. Anything else they can do to release more stock features to skinned phones?

diaspora

What HTC device do you have? Also try flashing the 2.3.3 version of TWRP.

One S. I installed a broken-ass version of Sense (using 2.5 because flashing 2.3.3 was uncooperative), pulled off a sim unlock, then managed to get CM 10.0 installed and am now downloading 10.1.

After this E3, many of us might not be alive to post about MOTO XSHIT.

I plan to not post in Gaming side at all during E3 week. Gotta use that self-preservation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom