• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threi

notag
V8uvX.png

<3 1 finger expand/contract notifications

although i updated already, i was amazed that 4.1.2 landed on my Infuse before my nexus 7 got an update notification.

Android FTW

M.D

Was this posted?

Rumour time again. We’ve already reported about the Sony C650X ‘Odin’ being the 2013 Sony Mobile flagship. Well its sibling phone – the Sony C660X ‘Yuga’ – has made an appearance in the AnTuTu benchmark. The AnTuTu benchmark shows the Sony C6603 ‘Yuga’ running on Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean at a 1.5GHz processor speed, recording a total score of 11,321.

According to a close source of ours, both phones will run on the Qualcomm platform, powered by a quad-core Snapdragon S4 chipset (APQ8064 & MDM9615 with Adreno 320 graphics). Yuga will have a different appearance to Odin, but hardware will be similar. Looks like rumours are starting to come in thick and fast now.

qBvDt.jpg

Xperia Blog

ep85

Sony needs to pump the brakes a little. Maybe have mid-range, low-end releases for spring and fall with a flagship release in the summer.

At this rate they will head down HTC's route instead of Samsung's.

Sony's biggest problem is their phones never seem to on sale until months after they were announced when hype has died down and they've become outdated/outdone by phones that already hit the market.

GatorBait

Must have just used the YouTube app for the first time since the latest update...

What the fuck is up with the UI changes?! The swipeable tabs where awesome! I have no idea why the YouTube team felt it was an improvement to remove them.

Cipherr

to much bottom bezel,skin looks intrusive,is that Android 4.0 or 4.1,why isn't it 4.1.2,lol two clocks,headphone jack probably on top,if OLED white levels suck,if LCD black levels suck,meh Asus build quality is terrible anyway.

Will not buy.

Android&#8482;

VanWinkle

to much bottom bezel,skin looks intrusive,is that Android 4.0 or 4.1,why isn't it 4.1.2,lol two clocks,headphone jack probably on top,if OLED white levels suck,if LCD black levels suck,meh Asus build quality is terrible anyway.

Will not buy.

Android™

lol.

Anyway.

From this picture:

A5C44_wCAAAaO6K.jpg:large

It looks like it may be metal, like the latest more premium Transformer tablets? Would be pretty awesome, since we hardly ever get Android phones with metal. Plus, Asus uses VERY light skinning and they're quick with updates. Could be a great phone.

Of course, maybe it isn't.

Will not buy.

Android™

you forgot "hardware buttons? really?"

Those of you who have Galaxy Note II, seriously, how much TouchWiz shit is slathered on top of Android these days? Will I want to vomit coming from my Galaxy Nexus and stock JB?

edit: Fuck, the GNII puts the headphone jack on top of the phone again. After owning the GNex, I've come to understand and appreciate having the headphone jack on the bottom, it just makes sense because of how you stick the phone in your pocket and how you hold it. Apple has moved the headphone jack to the bottom with the iP5, it's time the Android OEMs follow Google's lead and start doing this too!

edit: Jesus Christ, look at that frequency response. LOOK AT IT. Wolfson DAC is back in GSIII and GNII, which is why. (scroll to bottom of page)
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_ii-review-824p8.php

Those of you who have Galaxy Note II, seriously, how much TouchWiz shit is slathered on top of Android these days? Will I want to vomit coming from my Galaxy Nexus and stock JB?

edit: Fuck, the GNII puts the headphone jack on top of the phone again. After owning the GNex, I've come to understand and appreciate having the headphone jack on the bottom, it just makes sense because of how you stick the phone in your pocket and how you hold it. Apple has moved the headphone jack to the bottom with the iP5, it's time the Android OEMs follow Google's lead and start doing this too!

edit: Jesus Christ, look at that frequency response. LOOK AT IT. Wolfson DAC is back in GSIII and GNII, which is why. (scroll to bottom of page)
http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_ii-review-824p8.php

people put their phones in upside down? i dunno, i just rotate my wrist, but i can see how it's easier when you don't have to. but WOLFSON DAC

Nicktendo86

I don't know what translator you're using but it sounds like it's clearly saying the screen is IPS and not pentile. Unless I'm misreading here.
I read this the same as you, the screen is IPS, not pentile and is superior to samoled. Specifically says discoloured whites are gone and the screen quality is among the best they have seen, very close to the iPhone 5.

For some reason trying to go into certain contacts in the people app causes the app to crash. I've been googling to find root cause and a fix for a few weeks now(off and on) and I haven't found anything even remotely helpful. Is anyone able to help me out? Would greatly appreciate it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I laugh at anyone in the US who buys a non LTE phone on contract these days or even off contract if they aren't getting the phone on the cheap low. This especially goes for on contract since you're spending your upgrade.

I just can't wait for google to announce it officially already. The cat is already out of the bag, get it over with. And once again, no one is dumb enough to release a phone with no LTE when it's almost 2013. Maybe the cheap version sold on the google play store will have the bare essentials to drive the cost down, but the carrier version(s)...yeah no.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I just can't wait for google to announce it officially already. The cat is already out of the bag, get it over with. And once again, no one is dumb enough to release a phone with no LTE when it's almost 2013. Maybe the cheap version sold on the google play store will have the bare essentials to drive the cost down, but the carrier version(s)...yeah no.

That's going on the assumption we get carrier versions this time around. (Which yes I agree with if we do get carrier versions).

I'm hyped for 4.2 the most. Just recently got a Gnex not doing a new upgrade in a long time but I love pre-Nexus google hype. Can't wait for the new Play Store and Gmail updates.

Talon

As a hater of carrier branding on devices, I find it absurd that AT&T blocks out manufacturer logos on all their commercials.

As a hater of carrier branding on devices, I find it absurd that AT&T blocks out manufacturer logos on all their commercials.

It is routine for companies to remove all inadvertent branding which is not theirs or otherwise contracted and paid for. One of the funnier examples of this is when The Fifth Element was aired on broadcast TV, because they didn't have the endorsement contract with McDonalds for TV broadcast as it only applied to theatrical exhibition, they blanked out all the McDonalds logos throughout the movie.

Another example of this is when Code Geass aired on American television, they removed all the Pizza Hut logos from the Adult Swim airings on Cartoon Network.

BlazinAm

Sony's biggest problem is their phones never seem to on sale until months after they were announced when hype has died down and they've become outdated/outdone by phones that already hit the market.

Are you taking here in the U.S, because that has more to do with the carriers and what they want on their version of a phone model.

I have at&t g2 skyrocket with ICS, should I get a jelly bean rom or wait for 4.2 to come out?

Are you taking here in the U.S, because that has more to do with the carriers and what they want on their version of a phone model.

I have at&t g2 skyrocket with ICS, should I get a jelly bean rom or wait for 4.2 to come out?
excuses in the end. No other company has more trouble in North America when it comes to actually releasing phones than Sony. Apple and Samsung seem to be able to release phones at will, HTC has trouble releasing their phones on ALL carriers but has no trouble releasing phones in general, Motorola doesn't have much trouble either.

Sony on the other hand can't release a phone to save their lives in NA.

excuses in the end. No other company has more trouble in the entire world North America when it comes to actually releasing phones than Sony.

To be fair, they have gotten better after dissolving the Sony-Ericsson partnership. Now instead of being a full year behind everyone else in hardware, they are only about 6 months behind. Baby steps I suppose.

BlazinAm

To be fair, they have gotten better after dissolving the Sony-Ericsson partnership. Now instead of being a full year behind everyone else in hardware, they are only about 6 months behind. Baby steps I suppose.

I would assume they will get a better handle on that stuff for year because that is where they want to generate most of their revenue, in mobile services and hardware.

Nicktendo86

Really? It looks awful.

I love it. People often also look blankly at me when I say my phone is a nexus, that don't know what they means. If branding increase awareness of the nexus program, all the better I say. I also think the nexus logo look great on the 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom