• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Its the first non Android phablet ever, right? That's why I thought it was worth a mention.

Good burn, though, Mr. Mod. You really showed me!

Nokia will have a Lumia phablet too.

Win Mo only?

No.

T-Mobile and an unlocked AT&T variant sold via Best Buy for $699 offline.

SMC are GSM only.

Grr... you're probably right knowing your rep. Why, VZW?

Optimus G Pro

Any rumors on how it compares to the others?

So this fall, phablet competition will be between Note 3, One Max, ZU, and Asus Fone whatever, right?

Very snarky, iapetus.

Cipherr

Im predicting 4.3 or 5.0 will have a redesigned launcher and will also put the standard vanilla android launcher on the play store.

At this point they seem to be moving that way, most of the apps including the freaking keyboard have been put on the play store. Expanding the launcher in a major update and putting it on the Play Store wouldn't surprise me.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I hope SMS/GVoice Hangouts integration comes soon. I just reinstalled Hangouts and it wanting to check my phone number makes me giddy with excitement. Honestly, it will be such a small difference and have little effect on my life. I'm just excited.

Matugi

I hope SMS/GVoice Hangouts integration comes soon. I just reinstalled Hangouts and it wanting to check my phone number makes me giddy with excitement. Honestly, it will be such a small difference and have little effect on my life. I'm just excited.

I hope so too. I have to rely on Hangouts and WhatsApp to communicate with some friends that live overseas and others that are otherwise hard to contact because of family issues.

Nicktendo86

I tend to talk to my brother via hangouts rather than text now, the cross platform thing is what makes it for me. Once SMS and voice are integrated it will be perfect.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-3-supposed-prototype-teases-design.jpg

Nicktendo86

Snap. I can't wait to see what they call their widget/live tile solution. Mosaic? FlipTiles? ActiveIcons?
There won't be one, iOS 7 has apparently been leaked on the Wwdc thread and they have only changed the icons, changed the font, added walking directions and changed signal strength on the status bar to dots.
no idea if that is legit

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Its the first non Android phablet ever, right? That's why I thought it was worth a mention.

Good burn, though, Mr. Mod. You really showed me!

Hey, if you keep setting up lines like that, someone's going to knock them down (the following post said much the same thing, after all...)

Seriously, though, I'm not taking a crack at you, just expressing in a pithy manner my belief that a Nokia Lumia phablet isn't going to do particularly well for a whole host of reasons. If Apple were entering that market it would be a very different story.

Nothing with the name Nokia Lumia on it is doing well right now. And it's not even because of anything Nokia has done, the Lumia devices are pretty solid in terms of their hardware.

Alpende

Quick question.

I'm thinking of installing Paranoid Android for my Nexus 10 but when I Google PA it comes up with the Nexus 4 version. This is the official version and my question is if that one also works with a tablet.

Nicktendo86

Quick question.

I'm thinking of installing Paranoid Android for my Nexus 10 but when I Google PA it comes up with the Nexus 4 version. This is the official version and my question is if that one also works with a tablet.
I googled paranoid android nexus 10 and it came up with a specific thread for it on xda, I would follow that mate if I were you

Edit: here is the xda page for pa on the n10
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2010280

SimleuqiR

iOS 7 font looks suspiciously similar to Roboto. http://i.imgur.com/FuqnPhm.gif

They stole Google Calendar's new app look.

Matias Duarte would be proud.

Beams live wallpaper.
The Google Chrome Cards tabs
Also, multitasking looks very WebOSish.

It's not so much "Android", but more Matias Duarte's vision they copied.

You can't hate on it. It's a nice clean design.

Though their "toggles" window (which seems very much like a copy of the notification drawer) looks very crowded. It also has this 'fogged' window effect, it kind of clashes with everything else they showed.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I think it looks good, but yeah, those swipes against android are funny considering how much they're ripping from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom