• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

i think iOS 7 is cool (apart from the icons) but its still missing features that are totally central to the way I use my phone.

I share a lot of stuff to whatsapp and on iOS the only way I could find to do that was a ridiculously cumbersome copying and pasting. the whole intents thing sounds like a small feature but its actually a huge part of how I use the phone..

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
iOS 7 is incredibly Android inspired. Look at the camera app, gestures, quick settings, lock screen notifications. I like it. Still wouldn't switch, though, as it's the same crappy OS.

samsung-galaxy-note-3prototype.jpg

I'm glad I jumped to android when I did. iOS 7 looks like a bad nova skin, made by some 16 year old girl. It's awful looking.

It looks even worse on an iphone 4 without the transparency on the dock.

I'm sure if we want that skin on our phones though someone will come out with it next week.

5.2″ OLED Display with1920×1080 resolution
QualcommSnapdragon800 @ 2.3 GHz
3GB LPDDR3 Ram
16/32/64GB of internal storage
16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording,optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
3300 mAh Lithium Polymerbattery
Front positioned stereo speakers
Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)

Rumored Nexus 5 specs...

So. My 4G data (Sprint, S4. Rooted, but stock ROM and such) stopped working. Updated PRL and Profile. It works for a minute and stops. Restore backup. It works then stops after 5 mins. Update prl and profile in the Sprint app, it works and then stops 1 minute later.

Did a factory reset (still rooted) and now it's working.

Any idea what could have caused that?

I love the new iOS tbh. They took a lot of nice stuff from everywhere but combined it with their simple aesthetic/philosophy. If apple ever releases a bigger screened iphone it may tempt me back. Until then...

...WHERE DAT MOTO X MOTHUASHFUCKER.

Also there's really no point on speculating on nexus 5 specs. Just wait till the G2 is fully revealed and then you'll know lol.

Husker86

I have a Lumia 920 and wanna switch to Android. Should I get a stock S4?

Either that or the normal one; or HTC One stock/normal.

After putting Apex Launcher on my GS4 I don't hate TouchWiz as much as I thought I would. It's a great phone and I think one big argument for keeping TouchWiz/Sense is their respective camera apps. Stock camera app is kinda lacking (I also have a Nexus 4).

Courage

Other than aesthetics, what does the HTC One have over the S4? It seems like softwarewise and battery life wise, the S4 blows it out of the water.

Other than aesthetics, what does the HTC One have over the S4? It seems like softwarewise and battery life wise, the S4 blows it out of the water.

Dunno. People here seem to love it because it isn't *gasp* plastic, but my brother's mobo went bad and the quality control on them seem to be pretty shitty. I love my S4, if it matters. Not had any problems from it apart from what I mentioned above, and I'm relatively sure that was an app or Sprint problem.

Some people hate touchwiz and love sense, but that's irrelevant on the Google edition.

...Speakers, maybe?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
anyone selling their android so they can get ios7?

Bwahahahahaha.

You'll see me using Touchwiz before iOS... it's never going to happen.

Android is the OSX of the mobile world for me.

"5.2″ OLED Display with1920×1080 resolution
QualcommSnapdragon800 @ 2.3 GHz
3GB LPDDR3 Ram
16/32/64GB of internal storage
16MP rear camera by OmniVision (4k video recording @30FPS, 1080p video recording @60FPS, Real Time HDR & HDR video recording,optical image stabilization, BSI 2.0)
2.1MP front camera (1080p video recording @30FPS)
3300 mAh Lithium Polymerbattery
Front positioned stereo speakers
Qualcomm RF360 (LTE 150 Mbps & HSPA+)
Integrated DVB-T / ATSC-antenna
Gesture like controls (navigation, zoom, etc)"

I'll be getting a N5 no matter what. Hopefully the build quality isn't as garbage as the N4.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Dunno. People here seem to love it because it isn't *gasp* plastic

Heh yeah, like I give a shit, I've dropped my S3 at least three times now (once on hard pavement) and it still (somehow) looks and functions like brand new. Aesthetically it's something I could hardly care less about.

As for the new iOS, I personally really like the look it, but I ain't switching over to iPhone any time soon.

The One performs better and doesn't lag like the S4...

Dunno. People here seem to love it because it isn't *gasp* plastic, but my brother's mobo went bad and the quality control on them seem to be pretty shitty. I love my S4, if it matters. Not had any problems from it apart from what I mentioned above, and I'm relatively sure that was an app or Sprint problem.

Some people hate touchwiz and love sense, but that's irrelevant on the Google edition.

...Speakers, maybe?

Um....most tech site agrees that the One is the better android phone.

I have never ever ever had lag.

Don't tell me I'm not paying attention either. I have had no lag. I'm not failing to notice it. Seems to be common for people to say I'm not paying attention when I say that, so I figured I'll preface my post with that.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid

This is 100% true. Besides the awful AMOLED screen Touchwiz is a resource disaster. Out of the box on 4.2.2 it was stuttering switching screens and scrolling. Samsung gonna Samsung. Touchwiz is the iOS of the Android world.

This is 100% true. Besides the awful AMOLED screen Touchwiz is a resource disaster. Out of the box on 4.2.2 it was stuttering switching screens and scrolling. Samsung gonna Samsung. Touchwiz is the iOS of the Android world.

Amoled is actually good now interms of colors. If it can be brighter and not have burn-ins, then it would be perfect.

Oh, also people here complain about black smearing. Still not entirely sure what it is. :lol

I love the screen. Not saying they're wrong. It may be happening, but certainly not noticeable to most people.

Never noticed an issue, again. Then again, might be Nova Launcher because I installed it immediately upon getting the phone.

Frankly, most of their problems with Touchwiz will be gone when you get the Google Edition. I'm planning on installing the inevitable ROM for mine as well. We'll see.

You should be fine with the GE.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Amoled is actually good now interms of colors. If it can be brighter and not have burn-ins, then it would be perfect.

It's fine when the screen is static. When there is movement, no so much.

Oh, also people here complain about black smearing. Still not entirely sure what it is. :lol

I love the screen. Not saying they're wrong. It may be happening, but certainly not noticeable to most people.

Never noticed an issue, again. Then again, might be Nova Launcher because I installed it immediately upon getting the phone.

Frankly, most of their problems with Touchwiz will be gone when you get the Google Edition. I'm planning on installing the inevitable ROM for mine as well. We'll see.

You should be fine with the GE.

Go into Settings on your AMOLED device and scroll. See the blacks leaving a trail? That's smearing. I've only seen this on two displays: the garbage Sony PS3 3D display and on the garbage Galaxy S4.

It's fine when the screen is static. When there is movement, no so much.

Go into Settings on your AMOLED device and scroll. See the blacks leaving a trail? That's smearing. I've only seen this on two displays: the garbage Sony PS3 3D display and on the garbage Galaxy S4.

Oh, okay. You're a bit too far gone for me to even bother with your shit.

And no. Not really.

I guess the next update is supposed to fix the purpleish smearing thing too. If that's what you mean. I can't really notice it. Might be because my eyes are horrible,

Husker86

First I'd like to say that I was (and still am) a big proponent for the One. I hope it sells well and pulls HTC out of whatever they are in.

I just got a GS4 after weeks of hyping the One up to myself and others. When it came time, I just couldn't make myself go for the technically bigger phone that had a smaller screen. I think that me having a Nexus 4 then looking at the One made it worse since the Nexus 4 has a slightly fatter aspect ratio making the One screen look skinny.

That said, the first thing I did was install Apex launcher and turn off pretty much all of the TouchWiz gesture/random features. There isn't lag with Apex launcher (I did not use the TW launcher at all, but I did try an S3 briefly last year and the TW launcher lagged on that which was really jarring considering the phone was fast everywhere else).

When it comes down to it, they are both awesome phones. Scrolling NeoGAF mobile with dark theme does make the text look not as sharp when there's movement. That is the only complaint I have about the screen so far. I could notice PenTile on the Galaxy Nexus (and argued that fact with many in the official thread) but I truly cannot with the GS4 1080p screen. My cousin has a One so I've seen both screens; they're both amazing.

Liquidus...preferences are preferences but holy shit hyperboles man.

Android vs Android is so much more exciting than iOS vs Android.

Well, Android is currently slaughtering iOS more thoroughly than the PS4 is beating the Xboned dead horse. It's not exactly exciting to watch something like that.

But true multitasking in iOS 7 should be a fun clusterfuck when apps start doing the crazy stuff we're all used to on Android. The 1400 mAh battery in iPhone is going to die instantly like the Xboned did. I hope the Apple fans are looking forward to 2 hour battery life, because it's coming.

Nicktendo86

But true multitasking in iOS 7 should be a fun clusterfuck when apps start doing the crazy stuff we're all used to on Android. The 1400 mAh battery in iPhone is going to die instantly like the Xboned did. I hope the Apple fans are looking forward to 2 hour battery life, because it's coming.

I was wondering about that, I always accounted the iphones good battery life down to the lack of true multitasking. Funny enough I watched a YouTube hands on last night and the guy mentioned that the battery was draining fast and attributed that to he fact it was a beta release, that is fair enough but I wouldn't be surprised if battery life is significantly less with ios 7.

Oh, all third party apps need to be patched to work with the new keyboard. Lol.

Samsung GALAXY S4 Zoom

4.3 inch qHD sAMOLED (960x540) screen
1.5GHz Dual-Core Processor
*The selection of AP will be differed by markets
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
Rear: 16 Mega pixel with x10 Optical Zoom and enhanced SMART Modes, OIS 24-240mm, F3.1-F6.3
Front: 1.9 Mega pixel camera
Continuous Shot: 4fps MAX with AF
Format: JPEG, PNG, GIF, WBMP, BMP, AGIF
Xenon Flash,
Recording & Playback: Full HD (1920x1080 30p)
8GB Internal memory (User memory approximately 5GB) + microSD slot (up to 64GB)
1.5GB RAM
*User memory space may be less than the total memory space due to system files. User memory may differ by region, carrier, and supporting language, and may change after software upgrade.
Dimension
125.5 x 63.5 x 15.4 mm, 208g (with standard battery)
Battery
2,330mAh

http://www.samsungmobilepress.com/2...0x-optical-zoom,-for-perfect-picture-taking-1

gcubed

I love the new iOS tbh. They took a lot of nice stuff from everywhere but combined it with their simple aesthetic/philosophy. If apple ever releases a bigger screened iphone it may tempt me back. Until then...

...WHERE DAT MOTO X MOTHUASHFUCKER.

Also there's really no point on speculating on nexus 5 specs. Just wait till the G2 is fully revealed and then you'll know lol.

just think, you got to use IOS7 for a year and a half before IOS7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom