• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTE is about two to four times faster than HSPA between my haunts of Chicago, Ann Arbor and Atlanta.

You seem to be pretty lucky then. I know LTE is supposed to be much faster, but speeds are not that far off here as of right now. That could always change in the future. GS4 can probably last you until the GS6 comes out, but I feel like if I buy a Nexus I'm going to want a new phone by the end of the year again.

It looks like it's just me and you. We are the only futuristic motherfuckers here.

Got my launch preorder in. Ordered about 20 seconds after the conference ended. Been ready for next gen for years. Hope they go back to 5 year cycles.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm just over feeling like I'm getting burnt getting a launch console.

It did suck this past gen but I'm not a fan of waiting. It's not that terrible for me. I might save $50 but it'll be months of waiting. Honestly, though, this past gen is the only one where I bought a console more than once. And I have a big enough backlog to remedy the inevitable launch drought.

Okay Samsung, what the fuck. Your stupid Jay Z Magna Carta app says it's not compatible with my Verizon Samsung SCH-i605, better known as the Verizon Galaxy Note II. Fix your shit, you idiots. My phone is supposed to qualify for the free album.

Fuck, I got Samsung'd.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Traded in a stack of PS3 games, got bonus trade in credit as well as another boost from being an EB member, so put down A$155 towards a PS4. Just $400 to go! Really hope I won't regret jumping in early...

Wow, Samsung are nothing if not fast. I'm guessing my email and several hundred thousand other emails all poured into the Samsung support address for this app complaining it wasn't compatible with the Verizon Note II. It's already been fixed and I downloaded and installed it and registered for my free album!

I don't even recall ever hearing any Jay-Z tracks except Big Pimpin' back in the day, nor do I know anything about him or his previous albums. Hooray for free album though.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
9Qj9GJ4.png

Talon

The glass is made from gorilla sand. Objects with a point ain't got shit on it.
Gorilla glass is pretty sturdy, but it can totally be scratched by small grains - e.g. sand. I'd be nervous about using a graphite point near my phone, more nervous than using a pen on it.

Samsung gonna Samsung part... i dunno...

Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
The littlest of the Tab 3 line, the 7.0 sports a 7-inch LCD with 1,024 x 600 resolution. The chip inside is a Marvell dual-core 1.2GHz processor with 1GB of RAM. There's only 8GB of storage, but you can augment that with a microSD card. Although it's the lightest of the three at 10.6 ounces, its 0.39 inch thickness is actually thicker than the Tab 8.0. It runs Android 4.1 and costs $199.

Galaxy Tab 3 8.0
With its 8-inch screen and ultra-thin (0.29 inch) casing, the Tab 8.0 is clearly targeting the iPad mini. At least this model runs Android 4.2, backed by a Samsung 1.5GHz dual-core Exynos processor with 1.5GB of RAM. Screen resolution is 1,280 x 800, and there's 16GB of built in storage, plus a microSD slot. Price is $299.

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
The daddy of the line, the Tab 10.1 is notable for being the first mainstream Android tablet to pack an Intel processor, an 1.6GHz dual-core Atom chip with 1GB of RAM. It runs Android 4.2 and has 16GB of storage, plus a microSD slot. The 10.1 is also thinner than the 7.0 — just 0.31 inch — and weighs 1.1 pounds. Like the Tab8.0, the screen resolution is 1,280 x 800, and it costs $399.
http://mashable.com/2013/06/24/galaxy-tab-3/

i'm an expert.

still looks like a gs4 to me but I can't be bothered

looks nothing like a GS4.

Xperia Z becomes the second major device to get 4.2.2 after GS4.

What the fuck happened Sony? I was expecting it in October months after 4.3 had been revealed and we were all gearing up for 5.0, troubling times. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom