• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faceless, FFS. The spec starts and ends with that qHD screen. Yeesh.

i said similar.

edit

Dimensions
124.6 x 61.3 x 8.9 mm (4.91 x 2.41 x 0.35 in)
123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm (4.87 x 2.31 x 0.30 in)

Weight
107 g (3.77 oz)
112 g (3.95 oz)

Display
Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Size
540 x 960 pixels, 4.3 inches (~256 ppi pixel density)
640 x 1136 pixels, 4.0 inches (~326 ppi pixel density)

Memory Card slot
microSD, up to 64 GB
No

Internal
8 GB (5 GB user available), 1.5 GB RAM (3G model), 2 GB RAM (LTE model)
16/32/64 GB storage, 1 GB RAM

Speed
HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps; LTE, Cat3, 50 Mbps UL, 100 Mbps DL
DC-HSDPA, 42 Mbps; HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps, LTE, 100 Mbps; EV-DO Rev. A, up to 3.1 Mbps

WLAN
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot

Bluetooth
Yes, v4.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR
Yes, v4.0 with A2DP

NFC
Yes (GT-I9195 model only)
No

Infrared port
Yes
No

USB
Yes, microUSB v2.0
Yes*, v2.0

Primary Camera
8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
8 MP, 3264 x 2448 pixels, autofocus, LED flash

Features
Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Simultaneous HD video and image recording, touch focus, geo-tagging, face detection, panorama,

HDR Video
Yes, 1080p@30fps
Yes, 1080p@30fps, video stabilization

Secondary
Yes, 1.9 MP
Yes, 1.2 MP, 720p@30fps, face detection, FaceTime over Wi-Fi or Cellular

OS
Android OS, v4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
iOS 6, upgradable to iOS 6.1.4, planned upgrade to iOS 7.0

Chipset
Qualcomm MSM8930 Snapdragon 400
Apple A6

CPU
Dual-core 1.7 GHz Krait
Dual-core 1.2 GHz

GPU
Adreno 305
PowerVR SGX 543MP3 (triple-core graphics)

Sensors
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass

Messaging
SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
iMessage, SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email

Browser
HTML5
HTML (Safari)

Radio
Stereo FM radio with RDS
No

GPS
Yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS
yes, with A-GPS support and GLONASS

Java
Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
No

Colors
White Frost, Black Mist
Black/Slate, White/Silver

Battery
Li-Ion 1900 mAh battery
Non-removable Li-Po 1440 mAh battery (5.45 Wh)

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Hey lookit this:

BNpRZc5CcAA7u1Q.jpg:large

Courage

When should I expect the HTC One Google Edition to be up on the Google Play store tonight? I fear they're gonna be sold out by tomorrow morning.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Unless they ordered a tiny amount from HTC, I doubt there will be a sellout on a phone that's $650.

Consumers in the US just aren't conditioned to drop a lot of money on phones.

vdlow

Unless they ordered a tiny amount from HTC, I doubt there will be a sellout on a phone that's $650.

Consumers in the US just aren't conditioned to drop a lot of money on phones.

Back when the device was just a rumor, I remember that GSMArena sources told that Google would sell only 50k Ones.

Nakazato

Hey android gaf,

Im looking to abuse tmobiles unlimited data since my internet isnt so hot right now. Is there anyway to hook up my GF's S4 to hdmi to my TV ?? Could you guys point me in the right direction.

Hey android gaf,

Im looking to abuse tmobiles unlimited data since my internet isnt so hot right now. Is there anyway to hook up my GF's S4 to hdmi to my TV ?? Could you guys point me in the right direction.

You'll need an MHL adapter cable. S4 fortunately supports MHL 2.0 and so you don't need to deal with annoying dongles which also connect the phone's charger in some weird Frankenstein arrangement like on my Note II. Just one cable from S4 to HDMI input on TV.

Groof

#teamsoftbutt 4 lyfe yall, this is good news. Haven't even been a day without my N4 and I'm missing them already.
The volume buttons on the back are a weird touch, but in a market where phones are all starting to look the same they need something to differentiate themselves with, so I guess this is LG's try... but I'm more interested in that oval light ring that lies between the buttons.

Nicktendo86

#teamsoftbutt 4 lyfe yall, this is good news. Haven't even been a day without my N4 and I'm missing them already.
The volume buttons on the back are a weird touch, but in a market where phones are all starting to look the same they need something to differentiate themselves with, so I guess this is LG's try... but I'm more interested in that oval light ring that lies between the buttons.
I just hope, if this is the base for the n5, Google tell them to out the buttons back to the left side. I'm sorry but putting them on he back makes no sense whatsoever, even when talking on the phone as my fingers rest on the volume rocker!

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Looks like fingerprint reader that you see on laptops.

Groof

I just hope, if this is the base for the n5, Google tell them to out the buttons back to the left side. I'm sorry but putting them on he back makes no sense whatsoever, even when talking on the phone as my fingers rest on the volume rocker!
You don't know though! Might be the most ergonomic thing in all of history!

Or not. Either way I would rather they be on the side too though.
Looks like fingerprint reader that you see on laptops.

What are these even good for? Security?

Courage

pssssss...buy the Dev edition with 64gb for 50 bucks more or get the ATT version subsidized.

S-OFF and change the CID to superCID and flash the google edition RUU....now you have a Google edition that has twice the internal memory and OTA.

Where do I buy the dev's edition?

gcubed

So, the x is basically the RAZR M with a 720 screen and slightly updated internals. If the leaked picture is accurate it even looks like one

Courage

Would 12 EST be a reasonable assumption? I'm gonna have to buy this in the bathroom of my job using a Lumia 920 #androidedication

SimleuqiR

So are the Google Edition variants going to ever be sold through carriers?

No way I can pay $650 for one of these.

thatsthejoke.jpg

No. What would they gain out of that?

Carriers don't want your phones still getting updates a year plus into you owning them.

If vanilla Android doesn't get too bloated in the next year or two, these phones should be getting updates long time coming with those specs.

I actually wonder if Google purposely isn't letting Motorola release phones which would be competitive with their OEM partners.

Well I've had that theory for a while as have a lot of people in the City. Google need the OEMs as much as they need Google. Android is a truly symbiotic ecosystem. Without Samsung, Sony, HTC, Huawei, ZTE and others Android turns to shit so why risk angering them for hardware profits that may or may not come to them. Look at how quickly the bottom fell out of Windows 8 tablets after the release of Surface, and the Surface division doesn't even receive special treatment from the Windows division, they are treated like any other OEM and have to pay the same licence fees.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Somebody's got a new logooooo:

sz47qpC.png

Motorola Mobility is making changes to its well-known brand this week, switching to a new, all-lower-case typeface that's both thinner and softer than the classic bold and italic "MOTOROLA" that has been used for decades. The famous "M" badge persists, though it'll be presented in colorful new versions. The tagline "a Google company" now appears below the logo as well. The logo first appeared on the site of Techweek, a technology conference Motorola is co-sponsoring in Chicago later this week.

The last time the company tweaked its image was when it split with Motorola Solutions, moving from a monochrome "M" to a bright red one — by all appearances, that's now being sidelined for a gentler image that dovetails better with parent company Google. The move comes at a key moment in Motorola's history: the American-made X Phone is coming later this year, a major multi-carrier flagship device and likely the first Moto hardware to be released with significant input from Mountain View.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/6/26/4466592/this-is-motorola-mobilitys-new-logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom