• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
After months of problems CM official releases are coming back today for the HTC One XL. They got taken down in March specifically for the XL over some camera code stuff that someone said was proprietary.

I might flash back to CM later today.

Nakazato

You'll need an MHL adapter cable. S4 fortunately supports MHL 2.0 and so you don't need to deal with annoying dongles which also connect the phone's charger in some weird Frankenstein arrangement like on my Note II. Just one cable from S4 to HDMI input on TV.
any way someone could link me to what i need to buy :)

SimleuqiR

Groof

The thing that pisses me off about RSS feeds is that a lot of sites only has the first, or parts of the first paragraph and then a link to their site. When I click on an article I expect to get the article, not just a fragment of it. This is mainly why I switched to Currents. That and it's easier on the eyes and just feels more lively with the images. The bad part about that is that there's not as many sites that support it.
If there's a way to force open articles in an RSS reader or whatever, please tell me!

The thing that pisses me off about RSS feeds is that a lot of sites only has the first, or parts of the first paragraph and then a link to their site. When I click on an article I expect to get the article, not just a fragment of it. This is mainly why I switched to Currents. That and it's easier on the eyes and just feels more lively with the images. The bad part about that is that there's not as many sites that support it.
If there's a way to force open articles in an RSS reader or whatever, please tell me!

That's why Reeder on iOS is my favorite rss reader. Thanks to readability support, it displays the complete article, without having to visit the page. Press was absolutely useless until they finally decided to support readability.

Groof

That's why Reeder on iOS is my favorite rss reader. Thanks to readability support, it displays the complete article, without having to visit the page. Press was absolutely useless until they finally decided to support readability.

Press supports this? Please tell me how to enable it because I can't seem to be getting it to work!

hold up... the HTC One Google Play Edition doesn't support T-Mobile 3G on AWS bands?

... whooooaaaaaa this changes everything! Might actually switch back to Press now...

You know what, they should totally add an option to default to this for articles like these.

that's why i like Reader (HD). you can set it to use the built-in parser to display the full article content on a per-feed basis.

Courage

I was going to get the HTC One Google Edition, but now I'm thinking of the S4. I honestly feel design/appearance comes secondary to other key features like battery life, camera quality, screen size and maybe the SD card slot. If I feel that way, do you guys think it'd just be worth it to just get the S4, or am I underestimating the One? Keep in mind this is gonna be my first Android phone, as I'm migrating from a Lumia 920 and a Samsung Focus before that.

Vanillalite

On a side note with the official CM builds coming back for my device coupled with the jump to the 3.4 kernel you can all love me again.

I ditched my sense 4.1 mod and went back to CM. :p

Debating whether to get the Note 2 or wait for the Note 3. I wouldn't want a phone any larger than the Note 2 currently is. The new Sony phone is just dumb.

Debating whether to get the Note 2 or wait for the Note 3. I wouldn't want a phone any larger than the Note 2 currently is. The new Sony phone is just dumb.
I say wait for note 3. Going from 5.5 to 5.7 inches is BARELY a difference. It will be probably be with less bezel similar to the S4 and S3.

Vanillalite

Welcome to the side with greener grass

With rumors of the Note 3 getting its released pushed up because of GS4 sales not meeting expectations I would say just wait it out now. At the very least if the Note 3 comes out and is to big the Note 2 will be cheaper (in theory).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom