• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you guys been playing around with the Google Play Music All Access? The free trial period is ending soon so I'm going to activate it and try it for a month. But how does it compare to other similar streaming music services?

ty_hot

Have you guys been playing around with the Google Play Music All Access? The free trial period is ending soon so I'm going to activate it and try it for a month. But how does it compare to other similar streaming music services?

Gonna give it a try. Hope its good.

edit. i dont have a credit card, and I need a credit card to pay the $0.00 for the free month subscribe.

Great job, google.

thespot84

i've been on all access since it came out and the ONLY reason I could see going back to spotify is for the social aspect, i.e. it's hooked up with facebook so sharing is easier. Other than that, it has everything AND my local music to stream, which is great

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

Subscribed. It's good for what it is actually.

Debating whether to get the Note 2 or wait for the Note 3. I wouldn't want a phone any larger than the Note 2 currently is. The new Sony phone is just dumb.

it's late june. wait for note 3!

Gonna give it a try. Hope its good.

edit. i dont have a credit card, and I need a credit card to pay the $0.00 for the free month subscribe.

Great job, google.

that's how everyone does it... first month is free, just put your CC in so if you don't cancel we can keep your service flowing!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Press is a great app. I've been saying that for ages, ever since Readability was integrated.

Best streaming music service out there. The app is great.

rc213

Wow. Latest Chrome beta is awesome, They made sweeping between tabs 100x easier. And it doesn't make my Nexus 10 and Galaxy S4 heat up like an oven. Now about those
quick controls

Wow. Latest Chrome beta is awesome, They made sweeping between tabs 100x easier. And it doesn't make my Nexus 10 and Galaxy S4 heat up like an oven. Now about those
quick controls

since you were talking about the nexus 10 and chrome, i thought that spoiler was going to say
constant random freezing

Rajack

I have an HTC one and I am looking for a custom build of Android to put on it. Does anyone have any suggestions or preferences?

Groof

My free trial ran out, but because I'm not in the Americas I can't resub and I can't be arsed to try to either. Either way, during my time with it I really liked it. The radio feature it has is miles better than what Spotify does, the interface of the app is absolutely stellar and probably most importantly of all, it can integrate your own music into the streaming music. I really liked it for what it is and it worked great, albeit it used up data like a mother fucker. Don't know how it is with the updated settings though.

6hNh0mo.jpg

It looks so good. Can't wait to see real pictures.

Nicktendo86

HTC have released he kernal today for the one Google edition, kills any last hope that these phones would be updated by Google. Not quite sure what the bloody point of them are?

gcubed

HTC have released he kernal today for the one Google edition, kills any last hope that these phones would be updated by Google. Not quite sure what the bloody point of them are?

They are updates by Google... after HTC and Samsung give Google the update. Google tried to omit some details when they were announced

Nicktendo86

They are updates by Google... after HTC and Samsung give Google the update. Google tried to omit some details when they were announced

What? So Google release new Android version to the AOSP, HTC and Samsung take that and buid a version for their devices, then hand over to Google for them to release? No way will these get timely fucking updates.

gcubed

What? So Google release new Android version to the AOSP, HTC and Samsung take that and buid a version for their devices, then hand over to Google for them to release? No way will these get timely fucking updates.

manufacturers get the code well before its released to aosp... but there is still no way i would trust timely updates when ultimately controlled by a manufacturer.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Fuck that red (then again I own virtually nothing red as it's the color of the enemy).

Man I forgot how much NFC is a battery killer. I flashed to the new nightly CM since it's finally back for my device, and I forgot to turn off NFC at 1st. Noticed I didn't as soon as I checked my battery stats this morning. LOL

No Google Event in sight makes me super sad. A new Nexus 7 is overly due IMO, but I see no hope that we get one before the fall now. :(

It's already July, at this point they should just wait for the Nexus 5 event and make it an all nexus event like I said. New line of nexus devices, and even the OS update.

SimleuqiR

It's already July, at this point they should just wait for the Nexus 5 event and make it an all nexus event like I said. New line of nexus devices, and even the OS update.

First and foremost they need to make sure there are no supply issues and that they get their shit together with their online store. The Nexus 7 is actually the most popular Android Tablet, so a new version is going to get a lot of attention. They need to be able to sell this through the holidays without hiccups (November-December).

So a October announcement for both the Nexus 7 and Nexus 5 would be ideal.

First and foremost they need to make sure there are no supply issues and that they get their shit together with their online store. The Nexus 7 is actually the most popular Android Tablet, so a new version is going to get a lot of attention. They need to be able to sell this through the holidays without hiccups (November-December).

So a October announcement for both the Nexus 7 and Nexus 5 would be ideal.
I have zero faith in google solving their shipping issues and their stock issues and all that, lets hope THIS IS THE YEARR.

VoxPop

Noob question but, could I possibly have CM/Google Edition ROMs backed up and easily switch back and forth between those and ARHD?

iavi

6hNh0mo.jpg

It looks so good. Can't wait to see real pictures.

HTC's always been on point with the Ferrari red. I remember one of the biggest visual selling points for me on the EVO were the red accents on the back, and the completely red internals.

I want dat.

E: bad.

Since I've begun All Access, I hardly use Spotify anymore, aside from the rare exclusive. The app is leagues better, whatever algorithms the radio uses to build its playlists seems to find similarities between songs better, and it's cheaper.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm baffled as to why anyone on Android would use Spotify/Rdio/etc over All Access.

I'm baffled as to why anyone on Android would use Spotify/Rdio/etc over All Access.

Spotify/Rdio etc are available in other countries and on multiple platforms. How's the Google Music iOS app? Oh, right. It's not out yet. "Within weeks" is apparently more than a month.

Husker86

Even though I switched to Al Access, there are things (well, one thing) that Spotify has over it. It is supported on other home theater devices. The one place that I personally miss it is on the Roku. I have a TV with Roku set up in my basement that I made a workout room and was just getting used to using it for music while I workout. Now I have to go back to my bluetooth headset. It's not a huge inconvenience, but I have a strong doubt that Google will release a Roku app for All Access.

It was also nice having it on my main Samsung Smart TV when I had people over, but there are other routes to go to get the same effect.

The point of a nexus device to me isn't ONLY that it runs a stock version of Android. That much I agree is arguable and completely up to preference. Some prefer the other skins and some prefer the simplicity of stock. To me it's the updates. When google makes tons of great additions to the OS which they'll inevitably do when they jump to 5.0, it will suck balls to wait 6+ months to get it on your device.

To me if OEM's can get updates REALLY fast then yes nexus devices are no longer needed and they are overhyped for sure. But until then, meh. And of course google needs to do a lot better with their OS. They're lacking a bit in features that are available in other skins, but they'll get to it.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
...if they want to. I guess that's his main point - when you don't get the updates from Google, well then, what's the point when the Dev Editions of both exist? (and you can flash it yourself). But then again, some don't. Fair point.

SimleuqiR

...if they want to. I guess that's his main point - when you don't get the updates from Google, well then, what's the point when the Dev Editions of both exist?

I have no idea.
Seriously, these two phones lost their allured after I read the OEMs were the one updating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom