• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
It pleases me greatly to see so many other posts with people OCD about their music collection. I've been working on this long-term project of re-ripping my music into higher bit rates (previously had a bunch of 128/160 kbps songs), tagging them, and adding high quality 500x500 album art to all songs. It's been a long process, but it pleases my OCD and my personal love of music.

I did this a few years back. Now I have all 320 kbps with album art, all sorted in folders by artist/album. Threw it all onto the SD card of the phone and done.

Yeah the battery on the one x sucks.

yeah it really is unacceptable...thinner phones my ass, what good is thinness when i pull it out of my oh so roomy pocket and it doesn't even turn on. i guess it has to be thin if it's going to be in your pocket the whole time because the battery is dead...

in other news ipad mini at 329, good luck with that one apple, rather just spend 499 on your new ipad 4 if i was going to go ipad (which i probably will for the wife at xmas)

i think they are trying to shoot themselves in the foot with this...

although, even though it doesn't make sense, this mini is going to sell like gangbusters

yeah it really is unacceptable...thinner phones my ass, what good is thinness when i pull it out of my oh so roomy pocket and it doesn't even turn on. i guess it has to be thin if it's going to be in your pocket the whole time because the battery is dead...

in other news ipad mini at 329, good luck with that one apple, rather just spend 499 on your new ipad 4 if i was going to go ipad (which i probably will for the wife at xmas)

i think they are trying to shoot themselves in the foot with this...

although, even though it doesn't make sense, this mini is going to sell like gangbusters
why doesn't it make sense. It has a bigger screen than cheaper tablets, it is made of higher quality materials, and has an app store that is simply in a different universe. Different value proposition.

Anyway where my nexus phone at. Why is the event so far. All these really positive optimus G reviews are making me anxious for the LG nexus to release already. Even though I can't upgrade for another month.

Cipherr

It pleases me greatly to see so many other posts with people OCD about their music collection. I've been working on this long-term project of re-ripping my music into higher bit rates (previously had a bunch of 128/160 kbps songs), tagging them, and adding high quality 500x500 album art to all songs. It's been a long process, but it pleases my OCD and my personal love of music.

God I wish I was already done. Ive got a good long ways to go. And I dont want to erase it all, tag it offline with some automated program that I just have to 'trust' to tag correctly and assign HD album art. Doing it manually by hand, I can be certain of accuracy, and properly handle obscure/local songs, artists and albums I have that those auto-tagging programs couldn't find data for anyways.

why doesn't it make sense. It has a bigger screen than cheaper tablets, it is made of higher quality materials, and has an app store that is simply in a different universe. Different value proposition.

Its a blown opportunity to headshot the growth of this $149-$249 tablet range Google and Amazon are growing right now. I don't believe even for a second that they wouldn't have been able to turn a mild profit at $199 with that mini. With THEIR vertical and controlled supply lines? Puhlease... they didn't have to loss lead to hit $199. They just decided not too. I would say that perhaps they dont care about Amazon and Google establishing life in the tablet space, but they spent like 5 minutes showing us the Nexus 7 and shit talking it during a launch for their new products. They definitely seem to, on some level, care. So allowing Amazon and Google to breathe at all here seems rather charitable considering they could have just blown up the building.

Anyway where my nexus phone at. Why is the event so far. All these really positive optimus G reviews are making me anxious for the LG nexus to release already. Even though I can't upgrade for another month.

it doesn't make sense because for only 170 more you could have a full blow ipad 4.

and if you're saying, well 170 is a lot of money. ok no problem, then:

for a whopping $130 less, you could have a Nexus 7 16GB or hell even a kindle fire if you're into that sort of thing.... which, oh by the way, has a better resolution than the ipad mini.

it's too expensive for a small tablet and apparently too cheap for a big one.

what apps on an ipad does anyone even use that are tablet specific and are blowing people's minds. i only ask because i don't know. my mother only uses the kindle reader app and that's about it. so what the hell does the app store even matter to her? the answer is that it doesn't.

but seriously i want to know about these life changing tablet apps in the apple app store.

Its a blown opportunity to headshot the growth of this $149-$249 tablet range Google and Amazon are growing right now. I don't believe even for a second that they wouldn't have been able to turn a mild profit at $199 with that mini. With THEIR vertical and controlled supply lines? Puhlease... they didn't have to loss lead to hit $199. They just decided not too. I would say that perhaps they dont care about Amazon and Google establishing life in the tablet space, but they spent like 5 minutes showing us the Nexus 7 and shit talking it during a launch for their new products. They definitely seem to, on some level, care. So allowing Amazon and Google to breathe at all here seems rather charitable considering they could have just blown up the building.

EDIT:also this! (read it after i posted lol)

gcubed

i think they are going to get squeezed on both ends. Android on the low end and MS on the high end (this is pretty apparently by them refreshing the ipad already). I don't see the Nexus 10 really competing with either Apple or Win8 Tablets.

it doesn't make sense because for only 170 more you could have a full blow ipad 4.

and if you're saying, well 170 is a lot of money. ok no problem, then:

for a whopping $130 less, you could have a Nexus 7 16GB or hell even a kindle fire if you're into that sort of thing.... which, oh by the way, has a better resolution than the ipad mini.

it's too expensive for a small tablet and apparently too cheap for a big one.

edit: also I didn't even mention the ecosystem as a whole. The way it works with apple tv and other mac products is second to none. For people plugged in it's the only option really.

hold up. what apps on an ipad does anyone even use that are tablet specific and are blowing people's minds. i only ask because i don't know. my mother only uses the kindle reader app and that's about it. so what the hell does the app store even matter to her? the answer is that it doesn't.

but seriously i want to know about these life changing tablet apps in the apple app store.
some people don't want an ipad 4 at that size, so they'll pay for the little one without thinking about it in the way you assume they'll think.

For a whopping 130 less you get cheap build quality, smaller screen, and no apps. And yes the app store has apps custom made for the ipad that shit on everything. And there are TONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of them. I can't overstate the value of the app store. It's in a different league.

Could apple have absolutely gone for the jugular with a lower price? Yes they could have. Did they need to though? Answer is obviously no, they didn't. They'll still win at this price.

1) some people don't want an ipad 4 at that size, so they'll pay for the little one without thinking about it in the way you assume they'll think.

For a whopping 130 less you get cheap build quality, smaller screen, and no apps.

Could apple have absolutely gone for the jugular with a lower price? Yes they could have. Did they need to though? Answer is obviously no, they didn't. They'll still win at this price.

when you make an anyhow statement like that you are just proving my point.

but lets talk about these mythical tablet apps you keep talking about...

i want to know what i'm missing out on Pyro. help me understand

brainwash me.

Cipherr

I think a better way of putting it is:

Once it became clear that Apple was going to launch a smaller tablet,

THIS:

ipadmini_0639.jpg

Is exactly what Google and Amazon hoped Apple would do. This was literally the best case scenario for Google and Amazon once Apple decided to go into this space. Amazon and Google will still continue to be able to establish themselves in the tablet space now. Had Apple done it differently, they could have 'won' and removed any chance of any success on any level for Amazon and Google. Without ever being able to get a start in that space, Google and Amazon would have had nearly no chance at ever getting increasing and better tablet App support. However now, that window is still open. They can go at the tablet space from a $99-$249 angle over the next two years, and the Tablet app space will improve.

Why not just watch the apple conference. They gave some examples of apps there. The list is basically endless as well. I mean, even google themselves have admitted that the tablet app situation on android is a not a good one.

There's no brainwashing needed. Apple offers a different value proposition. Nerds on the internet complain about price, or lack of specs, or anything. And then it does gangbusters. I'm using history as an indicator to make that safe bet.

Also you should really pick up an ipad and see first hand the quality difference in the app store. It's quite astounding really. Puts my nex7 to shame.

Zeppu

Why not just watch the apple conference. They gave some examples of apps there. The list is basically endless as well. I mean, even google themselves have admitted that the tablet app situation on android is a not a good one.

There's no brainwashing needed. Apple offers a different value proposition. Nerds on the internet complain about price, or lack of specs, or anything. And then it does gangbusters. I'm using history as an indicator to make that safe bet.

Also you should really pick up an ipad and see first hand the quality difference in the app store. It's quite astounding really. Puts my nex7 to shame.

But didn't they say it's the perfect tablet to browse the web and read emails? Chrome+Gmail apps on Android are the best!!!1!1

jokkir

Can't argue there. The App store on Apple devices are much better but with that said, Android is still pretty good.

But didn't they say it's the perfect tablet to browse the web and read emails? Chrome+Gmail apps on Android are the best!!!1!1
lol

it's open too!!1!!111

Can't argue there. The App store on Apple devices are much better but with that said, Android is still pretty good.
the phone apps are even better on iOS but you can make an argument that android is getting there. But for tablet apps, yeah, it isn't even close.

Zeppu

Email/Web experience is the best though. Also the resolution is higher. DPI is higher (and that's basically been what Apple's been pushing for the latest revisions of all their devices). It's more comfortable for one handed use. It's got better specs. It's got worse build quality and worse app support.

Also, for once I'd like to use the 'I don't have giant hands' and 'this won't fit in my pockets' argument, if I may. :D

then why do you have a nexus 7?

also, i haven't said anything about the tablet app situation on Android. it's non-existent, along with a fairly non-existent tablet market for android. that only recently changed.

stop trying to convince yourself that apple offers a different value proposition in tablets when all its really used for is to browse the web. if android had today said that it's app store for phones had 275,000 apps, they'd be laughed outta the building.

besides if the mass amount of these people were buying for value proposition, they might look elsewhere to spend their dollars. i'm telling you people are buying this shit because it's popular. it's the holiday gift, it's the new toy.

companies and schools buy this thing for it's value, for what it can offer them for the money.

i'm rolling my eyes over here.

malyce

I think a better way of putting it is:

Once it became clear that Apple was going to launch a smaller tablet,

THIS:

ipadmini_0639.jpg

Is exactly what Google and Amazon hoped Apple would do. This was literally the best case scenario for Google and Amazon once Apple decided to go into this space. Amazon and Google will still continue to be able to establish themselves in the tablet space now. Had Apple done it differently, they could have 'won' and removed any chance of any success on any level for Amazon and Google. Without ever being able to get a start in that space, Google and Amazon would have had nearly no chance at ever getting increasing and better tablet App support. However now, that window is still open. They can go at the tablet space from a $99-$249 angle over the next two years, and the Tablet app space will improve.

Apple would sell the same amount of iPad minis @ $329 as they would at $199, which is... as much as they can make... especially going into this holiday shopping season. So why would/should they sell themselves short by leaving an extra $130 on the table?

Google/Amazon are playing the long game(ecosystem). They're trying to get their foot into a world that apple created and the only way for them to do this is to sell their products at cost. Apple is first and foremost a hardware company with a premium stigma attached to it. Most of their revenue/profits come from hardware. Having people tied to their ecosystem is just the icing on the cake. They don't need to, nor should they get into the price wars with Amazon/Google.

Apple would sell the same amount of iPad minis @ $329 as they would at $199, which is... as much as they can make... especially going into this holiday shopping season. So why would/should they sell themselves short by leaving an extra $130 on the table?

Google/Amazon are playing the long game(ecosystem). They're trying to get their foot into a world that apple created and the only way for them to do this is to sell their products at cost. Apple is first and foremost a hardware company with a premium stigma attached to it. Most of their revenue/profits come from hardware. Having people tied to their ecosystem is just the icing on the cake. They don't need to, nor should they get into the price wars with Amazon/Google.

and somehow everyone has missed that this was exactly my point. and by everyone i mean pyro.

then why do you have a nexus 7?

also, i haven't said anything about the tablet app situation on Android. it's non-existent, along with a fairly non-existent tablet market for android. that only recently changed.

stop trying to convince yourself that apple offers a different value proposition in tablets when all its really used for is to browse the web. if android had today said that it's app store for phones had 275,000 apps, they'd be laughed outta the building.

besides if the mass amount of these people were buying for value proposition, they might look elsewhere to spend their dollars. i'm telling you people are buying this shit because it's popular. it's the holiday gift, it's the new toy.

companies and schools buy this thing for it's value, for what it can offer them for the money.

i'm rolling my eyes over here.
I have a nexus 7 because someone in my family jacked my ipad and I needed a tablet to tide me over until I get my windows 8 tablet/pc hybrid device early next year. iPad mini would have been my option but it wasn't out yet. Got Nex7 at launch. Also because I like to have devices from multiple companies. Iphone, android tablet, and windows PC. Soon I'll go with android phone, windows pc/tablet, and I still have my ipod for iOS.

And it's not my opinion, it's a fact. Apple offers different value than the nexus 7. It's higher quality, the app store is better, the screen is bigger. Is that not different value? Once again. This is a fact.

You're speaking as if this is the first time apple has announced a product though. Will people spend their money elsewhere? Some will. Most won't. Just like when they released the ipod, then the iphone, then the ipad, and so on. It's the endless cycle.

and somehow everyone has missed that this was exactly my point. and by everyone i mean pyro.
are you kidding me? My whole point is that apple will sell gangbusters at this price point. That's exactly what he said and now what you're saying is your point.

I'll say this for the iPad Mini, it makes the bezel on the Nexus 7 look huge, and the thickness of it positively obese.

But for £70 less I get a quad core processor, twice the ram, twice the storage* and a lot more pixels on screen.... I can handle the fugly for that.

*When the 32gb replaces the 16gb.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I almost want the iPad mini because I love the smaller tablet form factor so much. But it's too expensive to be an impulse purchase for me especially since I already own an ipad and N7 and am getting a surface pro later. It does look really nice though.

Massa

I have a nexus 7 because someone in my family jacked my ipad and I needed a tablet to tide me over until I get my windows 8 tablet/pc hybrid device early next year. iPad mini would have been my option but it wasn't out yet. Got Nex7 at launch. Also because I like to have devices from multiple companies. Iphone, android tablet, and windows PC. Soon I'll go with android phone, windows pc/tablet, and I still have my ipod for iOS.

And it's not my opinion, it's a fact. Apple offers different value than the nexus 7. It's higher quality, the app store is better, the screen is bigger. Is that not different value? Once again. This is a fact.

You're speaking as if this is the first time apple has announced a product though. Will people spend their money elsewhere? Some will. Most won't. Just like when they released the ipod, then the iphone, then the ipad, and so on. It's the endless cycle.

are you kidding me? My whole point is that apple will sell gangbusters at this price point. That's exactly what he said and now what you're saying is your point.

The screen is bigger and lower res on the iPad mini so it doesn't look as good. This is fact.

Cipherr

I'll say this for the iPad Mini, it makes the bezel on the Nexus 7 look huge, and the thickness of it positively obese.

But for £70 less I get a quad core processor, twice the ram, twice the storage* and a lot more pixels on screen.... I can handle the fugly for that.

*When the 32gb replaces the 16gb.

I dont know why anyone would want a bezel that thin on a tablet. I can understand it on a phone because of the difference in how you hold it. But I dont want to grip a 7" tablet and have my thumb covering a bit of the display. If anything these guys need to make sure they are making the bezels comfortably thick enough to be held without having you triggering on screen presses, or modifying software to ignore presses on the edges of the screen.

In any case, Ill be waiting to see if Google keeps but price drops the 8GB N7, and to see what the price point of the high PPI 10" premium version is. The price on the mini killed any chance of me buying into to it. That also means Im not going to have an iOS device at all for the foreseeable since I sold my Touch a while ago. There was a time where that would have drove me mad.

Threi

notag
phones or tablets, bezel is a good thing.

Not TOO much of course, but the whole "let's make the entire face a screen" trend lately is ergonomically terrible and a great example of style over substance.

Id say 80-85% of the time when i hand my phone over to a friend to view a picture they wind up pressing home or a button like that because there is barely any bezel to grip to (and it's not nice to hold someone's phone like a playing card)

Not to mention getting a call, and pressing something wrong that can terminate it while trying to get it out of your pocket (luckily google has remedied this somewhat with the slide to answer, but you can still press home by accident and wind up taking even more time to answer your phone)

I absolutely can't stand the trend and every time i see it propped up i die a little inside.

And if you look at my original post on the matter you will see that I did indeed say that it would sell anyway... let me refresh your memory. your point is that it does make sense that my point is correct. so thanks for fighting for me bud, most appreciated.

But let's get something straight. Most people don't buy apple. Most people don't spend their money at all.

Also...windows tablets are what everyone should be afraid of. When people find out they can use office on a windows tablet they will flip out (yes I'm aware of office on the ipad and soon to android)

I'm talking about the real windows 8 tablets. Not this rt bullshit. The real tablets are what people are going to be replacing their laptop with. It won't be in conjunction to. It will be instead of.

I know they are more expensive but I'm willing to bet they will sell well.

Cipherr

To destroy the only viable competitors in the tablet space, and to take all of it for themselves. To strangle, even the cheap upstart tablet market and prevent any Android supplier from establishing even the meager-est of beachheads that might convince a developer to update their app to work properly on Android tablets. To have not just their cake, but Google and Amazons cake, hopes and fucking dreams, and the eat them all. To prevent any chance that the Android app tablet space improves to the point of them being even remotely comparable to the iOS tablet space.

Thats happened in the phone area. And Android tablets seemingly have found themselves a starting point to pursue making that happen in the tablet app space also. People used to say that Android wouldn't ever get a viable phone app selection. But here we sit, with the only real advantage the average person could notice between the two phone app stores is Games on iOS. And even then, parity is ever increasing. This isn't rocket science, they could have fucking killed it at $199. Now instead, I find myself wondering how close to $329 the 10" from Google will be, and/or how cheap the 8GB Nexus 7 will go.

To destroy the only viable competitors in the tablet space, and to take all of it for themselves. To strangle, even the cheap upstart tablet market and prevent any Android supplier from establishing even the meager-est of beachheads that might convince a developer to update their app to work properly on Android tablets. To have not just their cake, but Google and Amazons cake, hopes and fucking dreams, and the eat them all. To prevent any chance that the Android app tablet space improves to the point of them being even remotely comparable to the iOS tablet space.

Thats happened in the phone area. And Android tablets seemingly have found themselves a starting point to pursue making that happen in the tablet app space also. People used to say that Android wouldn't ever get a viable phone app selection. But here we sit, with the only real advantage the average person could notice between the two phone app stores is Games on iOS. And even then, parity is ever increasing. This isn't rocket science, they could have fucking killed it at $199. Now instead, I find myself wondering how close to $329 the 10" from Google will be, and/or how cheap the 8GB Nexus 7 will go.

i'm inclined to agree with cipherr, it would have been smart not to give them the opportunity at all, but i'm sure they didn't want to risk people seeing how cheaply they can sell their products, thus people realizing how fucked up their markup is.

malyce

You have a point, but how well do you think a $199 iPad mini would sit with investors? Apple likes to make money and as much as they could have stifled the competition, from a business stand point it makes a lot more sense to rake in billions now per quarter from the iPad mini than it does to sell it at cost, destroy the competition and make pennies on the dollar from tablet apps. Again... Apple will sell the same amount of these things whether they are $329 or $199 because they won't be able to make them fast enough... so why would they leave the extra $130 on the table?

You have a point, but how well do you think a $199 iPad mini would sit with investors? Apple likes to make money and as much as they could have stifled the competition, from a business stand point it makes a lot more sense to rake in billions now per quarter from the iPad mini than it does to sell it at cost, destroy the competition and make pennies on the dollar from tablet apps. Again... Apple will sell the same amount of these things whether they are $329 or $199 because they won't be able to make them fast enough... so why would they leave the extra $130 on the table?

even at $249 or $275 that sub $300 price point would have killed. going $329 was just ever so slightly high enough to be like wtf apple why.

matter of fact $299 probably would've been acceptable to most, might have raised an eyebrow but $329 screams of apple tax

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Doesn't CM10 have a build for the Note? If so, I would switch to that as the nightlies are just as stable as the stable releases prior.
Naw, AOKP > CM10

just nandroid back and back up with titanium backup... make sure to go to preferences and backup app data as well. this will work for games...
I'm not a fan of that method. I prefer to start fresh on fresh builds, especially with something like ICS to JB. It takes a bit more work but it's alright. I used to mess with Titanium but haven't in years.

It's probably due to gapps. Try another gapps package.
I tried the one off of the Cyanogen site. Oh well, the work is done already. When I realize which apps I'm missing, I'll download as appropriate. Thanks for the reply, though.

Naw, AOKP > CM10

I'm not a fan of that method. I prefer to start fresh on fresh builds, especially with something like ICS to JB. It takes a bit more work but it's alright. I used to mess with Titanium but haven't in years.

I tried the one off of the Cyanogen site. Oh well, the work is done already. When I realize which apps I'm missing, I'll download as appropriate. Thanks for the reply, though.

i get my gapps from goomanager

but hey bboy when you do a fresh build whats the best way to back up your data?

i usually just redownload everything from scratch, and usually will just backup texts and call logs to tibu, maybe back up a few game saves

instead of just backing up everything, a lot of people say that tibu will screw with your fresh flashes. matter of fact i didn't used to back up that stuff until tibu started using XML to back that data up.

Divvy

Well considering their stock plummeted 8 points the instant the price was announced shows that investors would probably have preferred a lower price point.

Well considering their stock plummeted 8 points the instant the price was announced shows that investors would probably have preferred a lower price point.
apple stock plummets every single time a product is announced. EDIT: beaten on that

Anyway where are my leaks. I want more pics and hands on videos or something of my new lg nexus. NOWWWw.

malyce

even at $249 or $275 that sub $300 price point would have killed. going $329 was just ever so slightly high enough to be like wtf apple why.

matter of fact $299 probably would've been acceptable to most, might have raised an eyebrow but $329 screams of apple tax

Doesn't really matter to Apple as they know they can get away it. It's really simple: "We can price it at $249 and make less money or we can price it at $329 and make more money and still run circles around the competition, because we're Apple."

Just look as their quarterly proftits... I mean it works
PBXmn.png

Bookmark this post. Return to it when Apple releases their financial results for this quarter.

Divvy

stock goes down every time they make an announcement though, so there's no way to tell if price is why it happened...

apple stock plummets every single time a product is announced. EDIT: beaten on that

Anyway where are my leaks. I want more pics and hands on videos or something of my new lg nexus. NOWWWw.

But the stock went up on the iphone 5 announcement. You can track the exact time the price was announced and the fluctuations in the stock price. Investors weren't happy with the price of the mini. Whether that is rational or not is certainly up for debate, but whether investors liked it or not isn't.

Apple is getting pushed around by Whatsapp

BGR said:
What’s fascinating about the popularity surge of WhatsApp in iPhone app charts around the world is that it happened after the iMessage service debuted. The implication here is that iMessage wasn’t enough for iPhone owners. They needed WhatsApp to complement the service, possibly because so many of their friends and family were on rival platforms.

This is a pretty interesting story. First of all i'm surprised BGR is even posting this lol. I dunno why I have refused to use whatsapp, i mean if i want to message i can just text, i mean right? maybe the bonus is being able to text from a tablet or computer too? Not sure how far whatsapp reaches, never having used it consistently..maybe for like a day.

lol well pyro i can get with you on that...itching for some nexus news, phone is ok, but actually i want to see whats in store for this Nexus 10 tablet...

Doesn't really matter to Apple as they know they can get away it. It's really simple: "We can price it at $249 and make less money or we can price it at $329 and make more money and still run circles around the competition, because we're Apple."

Just look as their quarterly proftits... I mean it works
PBXmn.png

unfortunately i can't argue with you there...

Divvy

Bookmark this post. Return to it when Apple releases their financial results for this quarter.

I never said it wouldn't make a ton of money for them. I was just responding to the idea that the investors preferred the price they announced.

HTC AT&T One X finally rooted on ver. 2.20..

wow that took FOREVER. i assume because all the good devs had moved onto the GS3...

if only they could get S-OFF. i mean, i know it's not needed, but damn, this was about to be called the unrootable phone. i think that kinda talk sparked some action into xda.

Angst

And yes the app store has apps custom made for the ipad that shit on everything. And there are TONSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS of them. I can't overstate the value of the app store. It's in a different league.

I honestly don't get this. Gf has an iPad, a few apps look better than on Android with really nice tablet experiences - but browsing through the app store doesn't exactly blow me away like I expected it too given all the praise it gets from some people.

I honestly don't get this. Gf has an iPad, a few apps look better than on Android with really nice tablet experiences - but browsing through the app store doesn't exactly blow me away like I expected it too given all the praise it gets from some people.
it's just something you have to sink yourself in. Might not be noticeable at a glance but if you're a heavy app user, there is just endless stuff. Some people only use a few basic apps available on all platforms, they MIGHT not notice. But if you own both devices and use A LOT of apps, like I did at one point, it's very noticeable. It's not just apps and games and stuff, it's also the ecosystem as a whole, music, movies. More available internationally than any other store. Tons of content in the ecosystem.

Jeff-DSA

Does anybody know if there's a fix to the podcast apps dropping and causing the data outage?

If you're not familiar with it, once in a while when you're listening to a podcast it will crash and then your 3G/4G will turn off for about 20-30 seconds. You have to restart your playback on the podcast too. It never happens on WiFi, just if you're on data. It's weird. I've had it happen with DoggCatcher, Listen, and Pocket Casts.

malyce

I never said it wouldn't make a ton of money for them. I was just responding to the idea that the investors preferred the price they announced.

Before/During/After an Apple event investors emotions about their money fluctuate akin to those of a teenage girl sitting through a twilight movie, but I think they'd hate it even more if the price was $199 and Apple's profits remained flat YOY.

No one is trolling. Just discussing. It's the calm before the storm in the android world. Nothing to talk about...but so close to too much to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom