• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
im finally one of you! i just rooted my g2(damn this thing needs a one touch option) and am running cm9. this feels good guys....

Fezan

one thing i dont understand is that aren't nexus line causing trouble for the OEM?
like why would i buy LG optimus G when i can get Nexus G for $200 less. THey are the same hardware and Nexus is better in software department

tino

Banned
one thing i dont understand is that aren't nexus line causing trouble for the OEM?
like why would i buy LG optimus G when i can get Nexus G for $200 less. THey are the same hardware and Nexus is better in software department

That's why N4's hardware is crippled.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Once I get the okay from Funk regarding the N4's camera, does anyone want to buy my Note 1?

Fezan

Just got the Sony Xperia U, budget dual-core phone. It's pretty good so far, except for the small 3.5" screen.

why didnt you went with P they are almost the same price
But U is also a lovely phone.my sister has it and she was able to play GTA3 on it

gcubed

Verizon is planning on launching their first VoLTE devices the end of next year, after they complete their LTE overlay over 100% of their CDMA coverage.

yeah but its going to be a while before you can get a phone operating with only an LTE radio. At that point they are still going to have CDMA fall back for new technology quirks. It'll be 2015 until you can reliably be full LTE on Verizon. ATT is going to be incredibly slow, but they are in a better position as LTE is an evolution of GSM so interop is much much easier.

Anyone here that uses 1mobile market(my tablet doesn't have google play)?

I'm having problems downloading apps via 1 Mobile. When I confirm to download an app, the download meter just stays at the "preparing to download" phase and the download doesn't actually start.

Any help from Android-GAF?

Hmm... I've been thinking of making my mum join the smartphone camp. What's a good starter smartphone for her? I think she would probably be making light use of her data plan (she doesn't have any data on her cell now), but Skype and Facebook (neither signed up) could come in very handy for her.

What Android? (Preferably something that is free on contract)

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Hmm... I've been thinking of making my mum join the smartphone camp. What's a good starter smartphone for her? I think she would probably be making light use of her data plan (she doesn't have any data on her cell now), but Skype and Facebook (neither signed up) could come in very handy for her.

Isn't the iPhone 4 free on contract now? That.

giga

Nexus 4 8GB and a cheap smartphone plan from T-Mobile. Fuck expensive contracts. You'll pay less over time.

Hmm

The Galaxy Nexus is not free, but there is a price slashing for my mum if I switch her carrier. Over 75% off retail price... Hmm...

I'm switching her carrier anyway because her signal blows.

But plans seem to be overkill for a talker.

Hmm

Man, but the Lumia 610 would be very limiting.

Low-end droids... ew.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So wtf is the dolphin jetpack? How is this different from the regular dolphin browser? I know it supposedly speeds things up, and but what exactly is it? Its own browser? Some kind of add on script? Why isn't it just part of dolphin? I'm hella confused on this.

LTE is the leg, 13mp camera is the eye, micro SD extension is the penis.

I already ordered the long, hard 64 GB microSDXC card from Newegg that I'm going to thrust deeply into the tight little microSD slot in my still-unshipped Galaxy Note II.

Actually, I already ordered a case, screen protector, and MHL cable + adapter for it too. All I need is the goddamn phone at this point.

There was a review somewhere that said the 13MP and 8MP on the different Optimus G were basically the same in actual real-world use. Both weren't as good as the 8MP in the One X and GSIII.

That's what I heard...wasn't aware the sprint version didn't have a micro SD slot...

how likely is it that the optimus g will be supported well by xda...since its basically the same hardware we should be able to port it easily and get some good dev support overall...thing is not many people (devs) buy lg's I assume...

Unless they are a nexus lol.

tino

Banned
I looked around. The Optimus G cameras are most like Sony's new Exmor RS modules both the 13.13mp one and the 8.08mp ones. Since the 13mp camera has a 1/3.06" sensor, the 8mp one has a smaller 1/4" sensor, then the 13mp obviously will produce better image quality.

For reference, both iPhone, One X and 920 have 1/3"-1/3.2" sensors.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
The latest random leak of the day:
http://www.gsmarena.com/htc_droid_dna_photo_leaks_brings_htc_js_screen_to_the_us-news-5041.php

Nothing rumored there that we haven't heard before. I still can't wait to see how big the battery will be. The current rumors remain unchanged at 2,000 mAh.

Only thing I worry about is performance. Sure the S4 Pro is a big step up over the S4, but going from 720p aka less than 1 million pixels to 1080p aka over 2 million pixels is a rather large jump. Plus I worry about apps looking good as they won't be coded for that resolution (yes yes I know scaling..).

Only thing I worry about is performance. Sure the S4 Pro is a big step up over the S4, but going from 720p aka less than 1 million pixels to 1080p aka over 2 million pixels is a rather large jump. Plus I worry about apps looking good as they won't be coded for that resolution (yes yes I know scaling..).

I want that phone on at&t... :(

I'm bored with the one x and gs3...And I'm skipping the lumia 920.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom