• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futureman

So, Swords & Sorcery is out for Android, weren't the devs pretty clear on not developing for android?

damn, that's cool. Though I guess at this point I should just buy it for my Mac? I have a 27" iMac and it would look pretty great on there I suppose.

tino

Banned
WTF, I went to Play market and try to find out what these apps are. These games aren't even on the market.

I ended up paying $2 to buy them just to find out what the fuck they are. What's up with devs not putting games on Play Market? Eufloria?! How am I supposed to guess what is it? Waking Mars Wha?

YouTube is a thing.

also, blame Google for not walling in the market.

tino

Banned
I am not going to blame google. I just want to know whats rational of not putting the app on google market?

Are they all developers of ex android haters like Sword & Sworcery?

Ocho

I am not going to blame google. I just want to know whats rational of not putting the app on google market?

Because they are good guy developers who'd rather you buy the entire bundle, support charity, and get 5 great games. Also: youtube

Talon

I ended up paying $2 to buy them just to find out what the fuck they are. What's up with devs not putting games on Play Market? Eufloria?! How am I supposed to guess what is it? Waking Mars Wha?
Eufloria was a big deal in the indie space a few years ago. 2008 or so, I think? GAF loved it.

Angst

The games will be available separetly on Play Store in a week or so. If previous bundles are anything to go by at least.

well, their blog says the game is still beta, but they wanted to get it out ASAP to Android fans so maybe they don't want to invite the kind of ratings that a beta can provide to their Play Store ranking... or maybe it's just a timed exclusive for the bundle.

jokkir

I have no idea what's happening but my phone keeps resetting for some reason. I'm on CM10 and have been updating the nightlies through CyanDelta. Anyone else having the same problem as me?

ep85

gkgud.jpg

Hey android pros, what lockscreen is on the GS3?

Cipherr

jokkir

Why is it that the Android OT moves so slow compared to the Windows Phone OT? They have so many more pages than us lol

Why is it that the Android OT moves so slow compared to the Windows Phone OT? They have so many more pages than us lol

Windows Phone |OT2| (03-31-2012, 11:44 PM)
13974 posts / 223 days = 63 posts/day

Android |OT2| (09-12-2012, 10:36 PM)
3822 posts / 58 days= 68 posts/day

and then there's that GS3 thread, that Galaxy Nexus thread, that Nexus 7 thread... all pretty up there

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Nice! But this means no match service?

How does this affect my google account since I used used a VPN to gain access to google music already? I haven't uploaded anything since I was waiting for match.

Well since the music store isn't coming yet, I don't think match will come before that. I don't think this will affect you if you already uploaded stuff. Their region check only happens when you sign up.

Well since the music store isn't coming yet, I don't think match will come before that. I don't think this will affect you if you already uploaded stuff. Their region check only happens when you sign up.
I'm more concerned for if and when the music store does go up, that ill be able to use match and purchase songs from the Canadian store. Since now I guess it thinks I'm in the states.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I'm more concerned for if and when the music store does go up, that ill be able to use match and purchase songs from the Canadian store. Since now I guess it thinks I'm in the states.

No I think you should be fine, I really don't think their service locks you into a region in any way. But of course I might be completely wrong on that.

Anyone think 2013 will be the year where android manufacturers finally adopt batteries like 2500-3000mah+ level? I bet it will be, rather than just motorola. Flagships being S4 and next nexus, etc...

Actually now that I think about it, I bet HTC and Sony still skimp on battery on their flagships. But I think it will finally be the year.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Anyone think 2013 will be the year where android manufacturers finally adopt batteries like 2500-3000mah+ level? I bet it will be, rather than just motorola. Flagships being S4 and next nexus, etc...

Actually now that I think about it, I bet HTC and Sony still skimp on battery on their flagships. But I think it will finally be the year.

It is so obvious and annoying that they haven't copied Motorola yet.

Nobody talks about the Razr. They talk about the Maxx.

Well if they are all going with quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 in 2013, they will have to put bigger batteries in them. LTE is still a pretty significant power draw even with the 28nm processes too. This is why I think the HTC DROID DNA is going to be hilarious, the confluence of Snapdragon S4 Pro, 5" screen, and Verizon 4G LTE is going to murder that 2,020 mAh battery. It's the next HTC Thunderbolt, only from HTC!

I'll make you guys a deal. Most of you know how much I hate samsung. BUT if the galaxy s4 has a GREAT battery in it, is not notably bigger than the s3 in physical size, and isn't using mostly cheap plastic. I promise I will get it at launch or as soon as it's possible to load stock onto it.

Sounds like a no brainer, but with the amount of shit I talk about samsung phones lol, for me it would be a big step. Also saying I'll drop my nex4 on the spot and do it.

Open challenge for Samsung.

Well if they are all going with quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 in 2013, they will have to put bigger batteries in them. LTE is still a pretty significant power draw even with the 28nm processes too. This is why I think the HTC DROID DNA is going to be hilarious, the confluence of Snapdragon S4 Pro, 5" screen, and Verizon 4G LTE is going to murder that 2,020 mAh battery. It's the next HTC Thunderbolt, only from HTC!
honestly sounds so bad if it keeps that battery. Typical HTC though.

I'll make you guys a deal. Most of you know how much I hate samsung. BUT if the galaxy s4 has a GREAT battery in it, is not notably bigger than the s3 in physical size, and isn't using mostly cheap plastic. I promise I will get it at launch or as soon as it's possible to load stock onto it.

Sounds like a no brainer, but with the amount of shit I talk about samsung phones lol, for me it would be a big step. Also saying I'll drop my nex4 on the spot and do it.

Open challenge for Samsung.

honestly sounds so bad if it keeps that battery. Typical HTC though.

so basically... you're not getting a GS4. that's ok.

HTC Lightningbolt

Erv

hey guys i got a pantech burst. its running on android 2.3.5 and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to change something regarding my text messages. All my texts in a conversation are not listed chronologically but all my texts are displayed first then all the texts of the person im talking to are displayed. I can't find out how to change this. I can also update this to ice cream sandwich but I'm wondering if its worth it? thanks for any input

Ydahs

panda21

its annoying that they wil only sell the Nexus 4 on the 13th

presumably that means if you go into a store and get it on contract you will be able to get it before people who order from play. they should let you pre-order with delivery on the 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom