• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT2| - Patent pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I've had Media Server drain battery while having it in stand-by. What it most likely was at that time was flash or something running in a web browser in the background. Because it disappeared when I really closed the browser.

will check on that, thanks!

part of its function is scanning your device for ringtone, notification, music, etc. no idea what phone you have, maybe pop out the SD card and have it scanned and fixed on your computer.

my sony xperia s doesnt have a SD card, just 32GB internal.

after the factory reset it went back to 8%

[IG]http://www.abload.de/img/2012-11-1809.07.14ruf45.jpg[/IMG]

still... what is it??

What music apps are you using?

If Google Play, try turning off sync. A couple of other remote apps (for controlling foobar on my PC) used the mediaservice until I force quit them. Had to look for one that didn't keep polling my PC for status even when in the background.

Blablurn

What music apps are you using?

If Google Play, try turning off sync. A couple of other remote apps (for controlling foobar on my PC) used the mediaservice until I force quit them. Had to look for one that didn't keep polling my PC for status even when in the background.

i just used the walkman app that came with the xperia

but it looks a lil better right now

A8AKOdyCUAE91Gd.png:large

MNC

I feel like I should still ask more questions. How futureproof are the Gnex and the S3? In terms of update, hardware.

I so hard want a new Android phone but I just can't choose. I feel like going for the S3 but I'm still scared, even though I'll flash CM10 right away.

tino

Banned
I feel like I should still ask more questions. How futureproof are the Gnex and the S3? In terms of update, hardware.

I so hard want a new Android phone but I just can't choose. I feel like going for the S3 but I'm still scared, even though I'll flash CM10 right away.

Its as future proof as the amount of money you pay for your phone.

Pctx

Banned
I'll post what I posted in the Nex4 thread, can't believe I just did this but I did and I DON'T GIVE A FUCK:

so I'm gonna stick with my 4S. I'll just get the S4 or something. Whatever the best phone is around that time. That easy to lose a customer.
So much salt. Least you didn't have the experience I had with my Nexus One.

Nexus 4 is lovely, just had a shot of my brothers. Screen and feel is waaayy nicer than Galaxy Nexus. It's quickly apparent that it's much smoother and zippier too. Chrome isn't actually that bad and web pages load super quick.

Basically, WANT

So much salt. Least you didn't have the experience I had with my Nexus One.
I specifically stated there is no salt here. Could have easily kept it. Made the easy decision not to. Unlike most nerds on the internet, I don't just talk the talk I walk the walk. When I'm turned off by something I'll walk away from it rather than begrudgingly accept. I mean if so many flagship phones weren't on the horizon from Sony/Samsung/etc... I probably would have kept it that and the no LTE made it no love lost really. Back to the waiting game I go.

don't even think about getting the Gnex at this point. Just get the S3 if it's up to those.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state

It's as future proof as you being satisfied with it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
10 things I'd like to see from Google/Android/Devs in 2012 in no order...

1) Update Chrome in tandum with the desktop version

Firefox is already doing this so I see no reason Chrome can't as well if Google just put forth the effort

2) Add College Sports to Google Now

Pretty self explainitory. I love having the Falcons card. I just would also love a Yellow Jackets card as well

3) Some how fix the app situation for tablets

It sucks because the SDK already allows for apps to actually scale well, but you need some UI rejiggering for tablets. Devs either don't do that or else they lock their app out. ESPN I'm looking at you and your college football app that works on my phone, but it won't install on the Nexus 7. It's not all Google's fault, but they need to put pressure on devs as it's their ecosystem.

4) Stop talking about unifying their messaging services and just do it.

Pretty much all that needs to be said

5) Make it easier to change up the wallpaper on devices to get the effect people actually think they are going to get.

Different apps set wallpaper differently. Some zoom in, some crop, some just as is. IDK just a lot of inconsistancy here. I mean sure we can all change our wallpaper, but it's not the easiest thing to get it the way the average person does changing their desktop wallpaper.

6) Up the limit and change up how you download maps for offline use.

Basically make it more like Nokia Drive with their offline directions. For example you can just download your whole state offline in the US, and then you can get turn by turn.

7) Give us LTE on our Nexus device

It's probably the one major thing people have been banging on the current Nexus for. Once you experience LTE it's hard to go back, and LTE at least in the US, Canada, and the UK is growing by the day coverage wise.

8) Fix Google+ photo wise so you get all the options you can get if you just use picasa

Things like easy web linking and changing the size of the file you are linking were awesome in picasa and not to be found in Google+ photo wise.

9) Really work on multiple profiles

Allow a shared file/media area. Allow apps to not have to be installed multiple times for different users. Allow for parents access to the kids profiles they can manage wtf they are using/downloading. Things such as this would be really nice.

10) Built in Backup

Everyone has to grab 3rd party apps like titanium back up or go sms to back up certain things on their device. Wish there was a back up option straight from google.

I'll post what I posted in the Nex4 thread, can't believe I just did this but I did and I DON'T GIVE A FUCK:

so I'm gonna stick with my 4S. I'll just get the S4 or something. Whatever the best phone is around that time. That easy to lose a customer.

Just get the iphone 5. You know you want it. Just got mine a few days ago and loving it. So fast. Makes my razr maxx feel so slow and clunky.

It sucks because the SDK already allows for apps to actually scale well, but you need some UI rejiggering for tablets. Devs either don't do that or else they lock their app out. ESPN I'm looking at you and your college football app that works on my phone, but it won't install on the Nexus 7. It's not all Google's fault, but they need to put pressure on devs as it's their ecosystem.
this is completely out of their hands. what can they do to make devs not lazy? pay them? no.

tino

Banned
this is completely out of their hands. what can they do to make devs not lazy? pay them? no.

I think google should implement multi app interface (like RT's snap mode) ASAP. What's the point of encouraging devs designing a separated tablet mode when there is no standard resolution and aspect ratio for the tablets?

I think google should implement multi app interface (like RT's snap mode) ASAP. What's the point of encouraging devs designing a separated tablet mode when there is no standard resolution and aspect ratio for the tablets?

the same reason for designing a phone mode when there's no standard resolution or aspect ratio for phones?

Withnail

10 things I'd like to see from Google/Android/Devs in 2012 in no order...

1) Update Chrome in tandum with the desktop version

Firefox is already doing this so I see no reason Chrome can't as well if Google just put forth the effort

2) Add College Sports to Google Now

Pretty self explainitory. I love having the Falcons card. I just would also love a Yellow Jackets card as well

4) Stop talking about unifying their messaging services and just do it.

Pretty much all that needs to be said

5) Make it easier to change up the wallpaper on devices to get the effect people actually think they are going to get.

Different apps set wallpaper differently. Some zoom in, some crop, some just as is. IDK just a lot of inconsistancy here. I mean sure we can all change our wallpaper, but it's not the easiest thing to get it the way the average person does changing their desktop wallpaper.

6) Up the limit and change up how you download maps for offline use.

Basically make it more like Nokia Drive with their offline directions. For example you can just download your whole state offline in the US, and then you can get turn by turn.

7) Give us LTE on our Nexus device

It's probably the one major thing people have been banging on the current Nexus for. Once you experience LTE it's hard to go back, and LTE at least in the US, Canada, and the UK is growing by the day coverage wise.

8) Fix Google+ photo wise so you get all the options you can get if you just use picasa

Things like easy web linking and changing the size of the file you are linking were awesome in picasa and not to be found in Google+ photo wise.

9) Really work on multiple profiles

Allow a shared file/media area. Allow apps to not have to be installed multiple times for different users. Allow for parents access to the kids profiles they can manage wtf they are using/downloading. Things such as this would be really nice.

10) Built in Backup

Everyone has to grab 3rd party apps like titanium back up or go sms to back up certain things on their device. Wish there was a back up option straight from google.

Nice post. Regarding point 8, I don't understand why I can upload my photos to three different Google services (Google+, Picasa, Drive). This to me is just as bad as all the overlapping messaging services.

aznpxdd

Alright guys, I'm getting stuck here.

So my dad asked me to help factory reset his HTC Desire because he forgot his unlock pattern (its his old phone). So...here are the 3 ways I've found to factory reset...

1. Turn the power on while holding the volume down button - Doesn't work for some damn reason. Tried it on all my friends HTC phones and it goes to factory reset menu right away.

2. Fail the unlock 5 times and G-Mail Account/PW thing will pop up - This doesn't pop up after 5 failed attempts...

3. Factory reset the phone within settings - well, forgot unlock pattern, so this is out...

Am I shit out of luck or what? I don't understand why I can't reach the reset/boot menu holding the volume down while turning the device on, works on every fuckin' other HTC I've tried...

Oyashiro

Made the switch from iOS to Android yesterday. Went from an iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S3. Just want you guys to know that Im totes in love with Android.

What would be the best way to do some RSS reading on Android? I really like Currents and Pulse, but they only grab the first paragraphs of articles because of dat ad revenue.

That's all well and good, but I want to read RockPaperShotgun in a mobile-friendly format.

Any suggestions?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just downloaded Chrome again since it first launched and I hated it. I still hate it. Scrolling on it is so shit.

What would be the best way to do some RSS reading on Android? I really like Currents and Pulse, but they only grab the first paragraphs of articles because of dat ad revenue.

That's all well and good, but I want to read RockPaperShotgun in a mobile-friendly format.

Any suggestions?

I use Good News.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
opera mini runs like garbage on the one x. Any other good mini browsers that save bandwidth. lte and my data cap is killing me :/

Opera MOBILE has a toggle for Opera Turbo. So try their full featured browser, and then just turn turbo on so you get the compressed pages to save bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom