• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

You got to go deeper. Off contract can't catch on becuase VerizonATT duopoly won't allow it. Their goonie in Washington will pass enough obsticles to block it alone the way.

That's why google is getting into the fiber internet business
Google want to eventually own significant portion of the back pipe in the country so they can offer wireless phone service via new communitcation protocal (what it is we don't know but let's call it 6G since its so far away)

This is the master plan Larry Page ploted after google lost the 700 mhz spectrum auction.

How do I do?

Sorta... ATT has no play in stopping the off contract market. They have a decent prepaid option (which offers real coverage) and allow off contract phones (unlike verizon), but thats more of a aspect of their chosen technology. The rest sounds perfect.

Google will launch data only cell service and do VOIP

freshair

gsmarena_001.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Folder will be an Android powered flip-phone with a classic alphanumeric keyboard and a touch screen. The upcoming device is rumored to feature a display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels and the phone is expected to feature a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor.

The Galaxy Folder will run on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean and will be equipped with LTE radio. Unfortunately, there is no word on the launch date and the pricing of the flip-phone at the moment

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_folder_leaks_puzzles_everyone-news-6391.php

Why am I kind of into the idea of this?

kehs

Banned
http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/newsimg/13/07/galaxy-folder-leaks/gsmarena_001.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_folder_leaks_puzzles_everyone-news-6391.php[/url]

Why am I kind of into the idea of this?[/QUOTE]

I am too, I think it'd just be a nice change of pace.

Talon

Could it be that Verizon paid x amount of money for y amount of time to use the Droid trademark? Cause, my God...tackiest shit ever. Kill it already.
The Droid trademark is either jointly licensed from LucasArts by Verizon + Motorola or Verizon is licensing it by itself. One of the two - can't remember which.

The Droid trademark is either jointly licensed from LucasArts by Verizon + Motorola or Verizon is licensing it by itself. One of the two - can't remember which.

It's Verizon who licensed it. Don't forget the HTC Droid phones. I doubt Motorola would allow that, if they had a say in this.

Talon

It's Verizon who licensed it. Don't forget the HTC Droid phones. I doubt Motorola would allow that, if they had a say in this.
Yeah, that's right. There was also that asstastically huge Droid Charge from Samsung.

Anyways, Verizon is going to run that brand into the ground (if they haven't already) until something else crops up.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I just bought my mum a 32GB Nexus 7 for her 50th birthday next week along with a £25 Google Play gift card.

Can you fine people recommend me some of the very best Android games I could download for her?

She's a big fan of Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled and Peggle so casual stuff like that rather than racers, sports and first/third-person shooters.

Ouch.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Facebook app finally gonna not suck? The 3.5 beta finally starts to open some of those random FB links in the app verses trying to open up the mobile version in a web browser. This has always bugged the living shit out of me.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
4GB of ram? c'mon son

and I expect the camera quality to be terrible

but everything else looks good!

I can't listen to the video but do they mention if the back is still the grippy N7 material or something else? I hope they didn't change it... :(

Wasp

KEEP HER AWAY FROM CANDY CRUSH SAGA
She already plays that on Facebook.
Like his mother is going to notice.

90% of the general populace dont even update their iPhone I think, hell I know a couple people who only ever plugged the things into computers to charge them no music transfer via wires.
Yeah I knew a new Nexus 7 was imminent but obviously her birthday can't wait and it will be months before this new one is in the UK. She will only use it as a Facebook machine and to play simple 2D games anyway.

By the way if anyone can recommend a few Android games that would be awesome.

Yeah I knew a new Nexus 7 was imminent but obviously her birthday can't wait and it will be months before this new one is in the UK. She will only use it as a Facebook machine and to play simple 2D games anyway.

By the way if anyone can recommend a few Android games that would be awesome.

Like simple games for an older person?

Jetpack Joyride
Angry Birds
Ski Safari
Candy Crush
Bejeweled
Spelltower
Super Stickman Golf 2

VoxPop

wtf? I think I got some malware or some shit on my phone somehow or set the wrong permissions for a certain app cause its posting pictures for me on instagram to some diet drink.

is there a way i can check?

Ephemeris

wtf? I think I got some malware or some shit on my phone somehow or set the wrong permissions for a certain app cause its posting pictures for me on instagram to some diet drink.

is there a way i can check?

VoxPop drinking VoxPop on instagram.

How meta.

I'd see what apps are running for one. Maybe work your way backwards from what you installed last if you're coming up empty handed.

VoxPop

VoxPop drinking VoxPop on instagram.

How meta.

I'd see what apps are running for one. Maybe work your way backwards from what you installed last if you're coming up empty handed.

I honestly haven't downloaded anything recently except pop-up widget from the play store which I bought.

Is there a way to check which app is getting what permissions?

Fucking android ugh

I honestly haven't downloaded anything recently except pop-up widget from the play store which I bought.

Is there a way to check which app is getting what permissions?

Fucking android ugh

are you sure it's coming from your phone? try changing your Instagram password.

Matia's shirt is now a wallpaper.

oh fuck... time to start coding... Duarte LWP coming soon, $1.99 on Google Play

gonna need a PR person to tell all the blogs

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
$30 more.....no. I least hope I get a free bumper or gift card.

I would rather wait for the iPad 5, but at this point I just need something for internet browsing.

Speaking of "fucking android", had a customer in today who was charged $500 for data overages. Turns out Facebook had used 8.9GGB of data in the background in less than a month without her knowledge. Her plan was 500MB.

I'm not even sure how lol

Talon

Speaking of "fucking android", had a customer in today who was charged $500 for data overages. Turns out Facebook had used 8.9GGB of data in the background in less than a month without her knowledge. Her plan was 500MB.

What? How? Was Facebook just uploading and downloading all her photos constantly?

I deleted facebook from my phone not just because I barely use it but because the shit is always running in the background regardless of whether or not you turn off the settings for it. I hate apps like that. Goddamn android.

Same. I joined the beta and when I realized all they planned to do was patch up that cobbled together piece of shit app, I uninstalled it.

Fuck the assholes that gave it so many 5 star ratings on the Play store. Sad that I have a more enjoyable experience using the mobile site than that turd.

I have no idea. I basically told her that its almost impossible to use that much facebook data in less than a month, especially since it was background stuff. I'm stumped.
if you set pics to auto upload or something and you're a heavy picture taker on a phone with a decent camera, those sizes could add up. Or something.

Also what carrier do you work for? Bell right? We might be rivals :O Also did you see the new telus plans? How laughably disgusting is it lol.

Talon

So the HTC One mini will be announced tomorrow?

Rumors of a smaller version of the HTC One starting hitting nearly the moment that the flagship smartphone was launched, and it looks like HTC is finally going to reveal the device this Thursday. On its Twitter account, HTC teased a photo of a small device alongside details that more news would be coming tomorrow. The device appears to have the same look as the HTC One, but with more plastic used in its casing around the edges. The One mini is rumored to have a 4.3-inch 720p display, a dual-core processor, and 2GB of RAM. The device is also believed to include 16GB of internal storage and the same 4-megapixel "Ultrapixel" camera that comes on its larger brethren.

BPZrjXyCEAMh6Yq.png

I find that hard to believe. What was she even doing on Facebook that could result in nearly 9 GB of data usage?

Fatalah

I'm hesitant to think the MotoX will be announced at the July 24th Google event. I would think Google wants Motorola to hold the event, but I hope I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom