• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
the sony what? can't keep track of their stupid amount of phones.

Maybe these phones?

sony-xperia-p-u.jpg

So I go into my location history online and it's only plotting my location in certain point places and is super inaccurate. Any way I can make this more accurate? It'd be nice to have some kind of decent location data. GPS is turned on but isn't used at all it seems.

3phemeral

So I go into my location history online and it's only plotting my location in certain point places and is super inaccurate. Any way I can make this more accurate? It'd be nice to have some kind of decent location data. GPS is turned on but isn't used at all it seems.
I've noticed that Google+ won't pick up my location unless I have Wifi turned on.

Nicktendo86

The new chrome beta is nice, seems to be running much much faster. There is a new flag as well for scrollable menu button which works well.

gcubed

here is gcubed's tinfoilhat theory of the day...

Off contract may be starting to slow catch on, and with the Motorola (this theory is predicated on the motox being cheap off contract) looking like they are going affordable off contract phones on all carriers route, these surge of "upgrade whenever" plans from carriers are an effort to battle off contract phones.

Just got my Note II in the mail last night. It is glorious, except for all the Samsung garbage stuffed into it.

Rooting it is turning out to be more difficult that it was for my Galaxy Nexus, but I'm still trying!

Talon

Off contract may be starting to slow catch on, and with the Motorola (this theory is predicated on the motox being cheap off contract) looking like they are going affordable off contract phones on all carriers route, these surge of "upgrade whenever" plans from carriers are an effort to battle off contract phones.
Or, in reality, AT&T and Verizon figured out another way to fleece subscribers with monthly plans.

gcubed

Or, in reality, AT&T and Verizon figured out another way to fleece subscribers with monthly plans.

they already are fleeced, this is super fleeced, i just figured there would be a driver behind it. ( i guess greed is an easier answer then my theory)

Talon

they already are fleeced, this is super fleeced, i just figured there would be a driver behind it. ( i guess greed is an easier answer then my theory)
I mean, text messaging plans will still be the apex of fleecing. That has to go in the Telecommunications Industry Hall of Fame.

tino

Banned

You got to go deeper. Off contract can't catch on becuase VerizonATT duopoly won't allow it. Their goonie in Washington will pass enough obsticles to block it alone the way.

That's why google is getting into the fiber internet business
Google want to eventually own significant portion of the back pipe in the country so they can offer wireless phone service via new communitcation protocal (what it is we don't know but let's call it 6G since its so far away)

This is the master plan Larry Page ploted after google lost the 700 mhz spectrum auction.

How do I do?

I'm desperate for new Android 4.X/5 and Nexus rumors. It's way too quiet lately.

Motorola also needs to push out the X already. I would consider the X, if it was $200 off-contract. But, it's made/assembled in the US and focused on customization, so there's no way.

Talon

Haha. I love how our price tolerance of the X has gone from $350 about two months ago all the way down to at the very least $250 if not $200.

We are some cheap asses.

Haha. I love how our price tolerance of the X has gone from $350 about two months ago all the way down to at the very least $250 if not $200.

We are some cheap asses.

I want to see the reaction when it is inevitably revealed at $499 offline and $99 on a two year commitment!

crumbs

Maybe this isn't the thread for it, but the new Google Play website redesign is terrible. The "My Apps" page is a cruel joke for anyone that has been using android for more than a couple of months.

Wasp

I just bought my mum a 32GB Nexus 7 for her 50th birthday next week along with a £25 Google Play gift card.

Can you fine people recommend me some of the very best Android games I could download for her?

She's a big fan of Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled and Peggle so casual stuff like that rather than racers, sports and first/third-person shooters.

Chrome is hitchy on my s3. Dolphin4lyfe
Speaking off, I love the tab switching in Google Chrome much more than dolphin, anyway to replicate that?

thespot84

You got to go deeper. Off contract can't catch on becuase VerizonATT duopoly won't allow it. Their goonie in Washington will pass enough obsticles to block it alone the way.

That's why google is getting into the fiber internet business
Google want to eventually own significant portion of the back pipe in the country so they can offer wireless phone service via new communitcation protocal (what it is we don't know but let's call it 6G since its so far away)

This is the master plan Larry Page ploted after google lost the 700 mhz spectrum auction.

How do I do?

You did decently, just late, is all:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=68014506&postcount=212

Just got my Note II in the mail last night. It is glorious, except for all the Samsung garbage stuffed into it.

Rooting it is turning out to be more difficult that it was for my Galaxy Nexus, but I'm still trying!
unless it's a Verizon model, all you have to do is get the usb drivers, odin, the correct twrp.tar, a superuser.zip and it should take 5 minutes after that to use odin to flash twrp recovery and then use twrp to flash superuser

We are some cheap asses.
2 months ago, we still had hope for 2013 specs.

I just bought my mum a 32GB Nexus 7 for her 50th birthday next week along with a £25 Google Play gift card.

Can you fine people recommend me some of the very best Android games I could download for her?

She's a big fan of Plants vs Zombies, Bejeweled and Peggle so casual stuff like that rather than racers, sports and first/third-person shooters.

KEEP HER AWAY FROM CANDY CRUSH SAGA

Boom

http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/17/4531906/google-hosting-android-event-july-24

Google just sent out press invitations for a July 24th event to be led by Android / Chrome OS chief Sundar Pichai. The company isn't revealing what it plans to discuss next week, but one possibility is that we'll finally learn more about the next release of Android — version 4.3. Little is known about Google's upcoming Android revision, but we do expect it to include support for Bluetooth Smart (also known as Bluetooth low energy) devices. It also stands to reason that Google will bring the updated camera app first seen in the Google Play editions of HTC's One and Samsung's Galaxy S4 to the OS at large. We'll be on hand live starting at 9AM PT (12PM EST) to bring you the latest announcements from Google as they happen.

Would it be stupid to switch from Verizon to Sprint? I'm sure coverage varies, but the plans seem much more affordable, and I'd be able to get an HTC One for $99.

Though part of me knows I should just wait out the next few months for new devices. However, I'm curious where Sprint is heading...

Would it be stupid to switch from Verizon to Sprint? I'm sure coverage varies, but the plans seem much more affordable, and I'd be able to get an HTC One for $99.

Though part of me knows I should just wait out the next few months for new devices. However, I'm curious where Sprint is heading...

check coverage first. if it's good, why pay more?

the rumor is that Softbank wants to switch Sprint to GSM, and with all the spectrum they have and the financial backing from Softbank, they are set on paper to be awesome in the future, but ... who knows for sure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom