• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

What's the deal with the clear pixel thing anyway.

Also glhf HP.

no idea, magic... its called an RGBW instead of a RGB sensor, and its supposed to greatly improve low light performance without the drawback of the ultrapixel sensor HTC used (large pixels, sacrificing details). Sony was supposed to put it in the their newer exmor sensors but backed off on it, not sure if it was because they couldn't get good quality out of it or...

tino

Banned
no idea, magic... its called an RGBW instead of a RGB sensor, and its supposed to greatly improve low light performance without the drawback of the ultrapixel sensor HTC used (large pixels, sacrificing details). Sony was supposed to put it in the their newer exmor sensors but backed off on it, not sure if it was because they couldn't get good quality out of it or...

Traditional sensor arrangement (Bayer) have 2 green and 1 red and 1 blue filter. So you turn 1 green filter into no color one. So basically slightly improve low light noice performance in trade off of good light green color resolution. Human eyes are more sensitive to green color.

gcubed

Traditional sensor arrangement (Bayer) have 2 green and 1 red and 1 blue filter. So you turn 1 green filter into no color one. So basically slightly improve low light noice performance in trade off of good light green color resolution. Human eyes are more sensitive to green color.

so the overall result sounds the same as the ultrapixel? Better low light at the expense of detail

so the overall result sounds the same as the ultrapixel? Better low light at the expense of detail

No ultrapixel is a conventional sensor, just with a very low pixel count so the individual sensels are larger than competing sensors. Coupled with a decentish lens with a large aperture they hoped the low light photography would be class leading.

gcubed

No ultrapixel is a conventional sensor, just with a very low pixel count so the individual sensels are larger than competing sensors. Coupled with a decentish lens with a large aperture they hoped the low light photography would be class leading.

right, but the result of the larger pixels was less detail. I wasn't referring to how they got there, just that the overall results look to be the same... I'm assuming Sony dropped it because the quality wasn't there. I guess that you still have more pixels, but if what tino said is true, that you are more sensitive to green pixels (i would assume thats the reason there are two), you would lose perceived quality

5BENgsm.jpg

http://m.cnet.com/news/samsung-snags-almost-half-of-android-traffic-in-us-canada/57593958

right, but the result of the larger pixels was less detail. I wasn't referring to how they got there, just that the overall results look to be the same... I'm assuming Sony dropped it because the quality wasn't there

Sony dropped the idea because it would mean the phone/lens combo wouldn't be flush with the rest of the phone since they wanted to go for a regular MP count it needed to be a large sensor like in the 1020. The 1/2.3" sensor is still amazing, coupled with the G lens it will probably be the best camera phone on the market bar the original 808.

What you are thinking of was the original Exmor RS premise which added an extra white pixel in the array for better photosensitivity, but that plan was dropped because the results were not very good.

tino

Banned

I am guessing less good light resolution(which is not a big deal for phone cameras) for better low light quality.

I think its not as good a solution as back side illumination, that's why Sony hasn't impliment it.

Ultrapixel is just low resolution all around

Normally bigger pixel will lead to lower re and higher dynamic range (like DSLR) but I can't say I see higher dynamic range or more accurate color from the HTC One.

JCX

The OT title is fitting for my question. My phone isn't compatible with Lookout's Plan B (it doesn't work on 4.0 or above), so I'm wondering if there is another remote install app that can be used to find a lost phone. Thanks!

Really? I haven't come across any music that was on sale that I can't stream.

some people on XDA forums were complaining that Magna Carta Holy Grail wasn't in All Access and then someone else mentioned some other albums that weren't there either.

The OT title is fitting for my question. My phone isn't compatible with Lookout's Plan B (it doesn't work on 4.0 or above), so I'm wondering if there is another remote install app that can be used to find a lost phone. Thanks!

no, you have to install an app before the device is lost on 4.0 and up.

i recommend Cerberus.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
http://ptab.it/16cxe

Enter to win the latest GoGo contest. Giving away a GSM Google Edition GS4 plus a Chromebook with 3g. Oh and they are throwing in 12 GoGo passes.

For those that don't know GoGo does a lot of the inflight WiFi on airplanes.

tino

Banned
Why don't these morons (LG HTC) understand if you want your phone to grew beyond 5 inch, you need hardware differentiation. Some thing that can rival the pen in the Note.

At least the Sony phablet has the gimmick of super thin and weather proof.

Just watch HTC's biggie sized One fail miserably come end of the year.

Jetstream anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom