• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
97ZccrZ.jpg

$179.99 - Moto G by Motorola, A Google Company. Available for purchase now. Ships 12/2.

Marco1

Still loving my HTC One so much. Such a great phone and loving the OS.
I guess I should thank jony ive for ios7 as the reason why I jumped over from my 5S and that horrible ios7.
Also I can highly recommend the HTC double dip case, weirdly the red and two shades of grey really compliment the phone.
Anyone thinking of buying this phone should definitely consider it. It makes me wish HTC had made a graphite grey and black one.

I actually ran into a legitimate problem in my switch from Apple to Android today (first day using Nexus 5). I have a FM transmitter that I ordered on eBay which has a iPhone 4 plug as well as a USB for charging and playing music via FM transmission but it doesn't seem like using the USB with my Nexus 5 will play the sound. Is there a cheap, decent FM transmitter that will charge my phone and play the music as well?

**Note: my car is a 2004 Camry so I don't have an auxiliary input and my cassette player is broken so those options are out of the question :( .

Husker86

I actually ran into a legitimate problem in my switch from Apple to Android today (first day using Nexus 5). I have a FM transmitter that I ordered on eBay which has a iPhone 4 plug as well as a USB for charging and playing music via FM transmission but it doesn't seem like using the USB with my Nexus 5 will play the sound. Is there a cheap, decent FM transmitter that will charge my phone and play the music as well?

**Note: my car is a 2004 Camry so I don't have an auxiliary input and my cassette player is broken so those options are out of the question :( .
You'll have to get an FM transmitter that uses headphone port. Android (nor the new lightning connecter on iPhones if I remember right) can't output analog audio through the USB port.

thespot84

Legit question.

Does it REALLY cost that much to put in an LTE radio?

Think about this way: The components in any top of the line phone alone cost more than the RETAIL PRICE of the Moto G. Moto basically told their hardware managers to take the moto x, at a component cost of $215, and shave $148 off of it (67%) if they wanted to be anywhere near the same margins. A functioning phone for a retail of $179 is not an engineering feat. It's a fucking miracle.

SimleuqiR

Well, listening to music via Youtube is a different animal than to listening to music via All Access. On YT you still have access to said music video. It's a way of consuming music I really don't care for, and I don't think it should be lumped into all access.

Do you get Music Videos via iTunes when you buy a song/album? Serious question. I have not used iTunes in over 6 or so years.

DonMigs85

I have an LG Optimus LTE LU6200 which is pretty laggy and I'm seriously considering the Moto G. Just wish it had an SD slot for my junk

Groof

I say about 12 hours of that was probably off when asleep, but WiFi and Mobile Data was still on, so it was constantly pushing stuff and notifications kept flooding in.
Go to battery in the system settings menu and you can see exactly how long the screen has been turned on.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Speaking of battery life, I went back to my 4200 mAh battery and it lasted me like 25 hours with 8 hours of on screen time, all on HSPA+. <3 it.

Fatalah

So who's buying a Moto X for $350?

I bought my new Moto X from Swappa last week for a very good price! Actually bought two! One for me, one for my wife - Verizon unlimited plan is intact.

Sorry, I've posted about it 10 times.

Update: Wow, I thought you were joking when you said $350! I had a feeling this would happen to me, after I fervently stalked Swappa for my price point!

Wow @ Motorola shakin' and bakin' this month in reaction to that weak sales report.

Quasar

Well...it seems like the GEL causes my N4 battery to run down at an alarming rate. Not that I'm that surprised that always listening for ok google would use extra juice.

leng jai

Does anyone know how to get rid of the Nova icon in the top bar? I used to be able to do it but the option seems to have disappeared in 4.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom