• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Quick question, can the black bar with the on screen buttons on android be made transparent or another color?

Nicktendo86

So it sounds like 4.3 is a big update under the hood, not only does it improve touch response on the n4 but also works differently with the GPU, some guy on xda says his n4 has gone from a quadrant score of 8000 to 12000. Say the phone feels smoother and quicker as well!

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So it sounds like 4.3 is a big update under the hood, not only does it improve touch response on the n4 but also works differently with the GPU, some guy on xda says his n4 has gone from a quadrant score of 8000 to 12000. Say the phone feels smoother and quicker as well!

See this is what I posted about yesterday. I wondered if this update would bring some back end fixes for things. This brings good signs.

I wonder what it'll do for the current Nexus 7 and 10 as well.

Project buttertwo!

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
QSZjDyZ.jpg

SimleuqiR

If they were aiming for "cheapest possible" doesn't wireless charging go against that? Meh.

You can still charge it via usb, like I do with my nexus 4. I would hope Google just sells a charging mat that can be used with all nexus devices with wireless charging.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose

From the same article:

UPDATE: Well, yet another tipster has reached out to us to share that the next iteration of the Nexus 7 will officially go on sale in Staples on July 31st. As you can see in the memo after the break the tablets are expected to arrive in stored as early as the 24th, but they'll be kept under lock and key until the final day of the month. This doesn't preclude Google from selling the devices through the Play store earlier, though, you'll have to take that plunge without trying it out first.

So they will probably open up pre-orders on the 24th. Does Google store charge tax?

Husker86

Running the leaked 4.3 for Galaxy S4 Google Edition on my AT&T GS4. Can't really tell a difference from 4.2.2 that's on my N4. It's incredibly fast but...I miss..some.....Touchwiz apps; well, only the camera really.

I'll probably keep it, though battery life seems a bit lower than stock Touchwiz.

Iphone convert here, used IOS since 2007. Now a happy HTC ONE user.

I'm on Rogers and still haven't received the 4.2 update, I know this may take some more time. But I recently purchased a Netgear PTV3000 Miracast dongle - the only drawback is that android is Miracast enabled from 4.2 and on. I bought this dongle to replace AirPlay Mirroring functionality on my Iphone.

Is there anyway I can force Miracast feature/update on my HTC ONE? I don't think I want to venture onto rooting just yet (although I jailbreaked many times). Should I just continue to wait?

Is anyone making a good android tablet with a similar aspect ratio to the iPad?

I know Archos was making a new series, but they seem a bit unpowered. :( any other options?

Earlier this month, a Samsung Galaxy S3 exploded inside an 18-year-old girl's pants pocket, leaving her with a pretty nasty third-degree burn on her thigh. It really happened, and the burn is real, but Samsung's not responsible. The company has concluded that the battery used in the device was not the original. Scientists at the Swiss Federal Laboratories for Materials Testing and Research in Dubendorf, Laboratory have confirmed Sammy's findings. According to them, the battery was not supplied by Samsung, nor did it come from a company authorized by them.
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...-burn-from-a-galaxy-s3-samsungs-off-the-hook/

why is it always the unlicensed 3rd party accessory?

daoster

Moto X phone...even if the specs suck....even if the battery life isn't as spectacular as we all want it to be.....it HAS to be better than Galaxy Nexus right?

RIGHT?

Because if rumor for $199 is true, I need to get in on that, cause I am not giving up on my unlimited Verizon data.

Moto X phone...even if the specs suck....even if the battery life isn't as spectacular as we all want it to be.....it HAS to be better than Galaxy Nexus right?

RIGHT?

Because if rumor for $199 is true, I need to get in on that, cause I am not giving up on my unlimited Verizon data.
easily

tino

Banned

RIGHT?

No. Rulebook says phones with SD card and removable battery automatically beat up phones without.

Beezy

RIGHT?

This is exactly how I feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom