• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

MotoX-512x460.png

edit: wtf pctx lol

Shit, I like it. Screw you and your battery Google. I can wait a few months and deal with a gigantor phone

kehs

Banned
The problem isn't the small battery.

The problem is that every surface you place your phone on doesn't do wireless charging.

*bookmark this to mock me when the phone doesn't have wireless charging*

----

Andrex I just realized why I don't use calendar for tasks. To snooze function sucks, doesn't allow for timed snoozes.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I am the WORST when it comes to tasks and calendars. I never use that shit both digital or paper. I just try and remember shit in my head.

Yes I am mega fail in this regard.

gcubed

The problem isn't the small battery.

The problem is that every surface you place your phone on doesn't do wireless charging.

*bookmark this to mock me when the phone doesn't have wireless charging*

----

Andrex I just realized why I don't use calendar for tasks. To snooze function sucks, doesn't allow for timed snoozes.

That's my biggest complaint... It's just dismiss

kehs

Banned
I am the WORST when it comes to tasks and calendars. I never use that shit both digital or paper. I just try and remember shit in my head.

Yes I am mega fail in this regard.

I was like that too. Then I had to deal with multiple bills for work.

Ideally I'd love to have one bill to pay for rent bills cable internet etc.

I'm all for the FIFO lifestyle.

That's my biggest complaint... It's just dismiss

It's basically a nag alert.

kehs

Banned
Days? This is Google. More like "a few weeks" that turns into months and then suddenly your on honeycomb on Google TV in 2013.

Wait

Thanks! Is the one better at multitasking than the evo lte? Looking at phones for my dad, not sure he wants a 5 inch phone but I wouldn't recommend the one if it still kills multitasking like the evo did.

Multitasking is fine, I do it all the time. Up to 9 things at once and its just a quick double tap on the home button.

It's funny to see Verizon go from getting all the love to getting a little bit more rub from people these days.

People have hated on Verizon as much as they loved it for all the time I've been in this thread. They have the best network and the best nationwide coverage, but their pricing is huge ripoff class and they are huge assholes to their customers. They know how much better they are than the other carriers and they never let you forget what a 'privilege' it is for you to be allowed to use their network.

I would tell them to go hell but I'm grandfathered into unlimited 4G LTE and it's pretty much everywhere in the whole country at this point, so I guess I'm stuck with them. They haven't forced everyone who had unlimited to move to metered data like AT&T did, so that's something they have which ATurd&Turd doesn't besides the superior network.

Why does the Spotify app keep showing the same song in the now playing bar every time I start the app even though that wasn't even the last song I was listening to when I last closed the app? Fuckin spotify.

Baconbitz

Banned
Today, I got a nexus 7. My first Android device. I need an app that will put the music already on my iPhone on my tablet. Any apps like that?

Battery life is definitely going to define what phone I get next. MaH isn't the only defining feature, but it sure as hell doesn't hurt.

Battery life is what defined the phone I got last year. Which is why I have a Galaxy Note II.

I didn't know i would put it off for three hours when I was supposed to do it.

This really sounds like a problem with you, not your devices. I'm just saying.

kehs

Banned
Come on now, the snooze function needs multiple options like any do, or astrid, or just about any task app.

Fifteen minute snoozes that never end are crap.

Today, I got a nexus 7. My first Android device. I need an app that will put the music already on my iPhone on my tablet. Any apps like that?

no.

you would need a PC and one of those file explorer apps that reads the filesystem on iOS devices and even then, the files and folders would still be named the gibberish names than iTunes renames them to...

Cipherr

iTunes is a mess with how it handles that.

Just find a way or an application that gets your music off of iTunes retaining their tags and everything (assuming this is possible, this will be the only hard part). Once you have it off you can drag and drop music to your tablet or just straight upload it from your PC via Google Musics desktop client. It will put all of your music in the cloud and make it accessible from anywhere.

Baconbitz

Banned
perfect timing.
Why is it perfect timing?
no.

you would need a PC and one of those file explorer apps that reads the filesystem on iOS devices and even then, the files and folders would still be named the gibberish names than iTunes renames them to...
What about the Google music program on the computers? I don't care if I have to download software. As long I can sync that's all that matters.

kehs

Banned

Bacon, there's about to be a new n7 released next week. While its totally awesome, id return it and get the new model next week.

As for the music.. Goole play muaic is the most convenient, but there's stuff like double twist to sync.

Why is it perfect timing?

What about the Google music program on the computers? I don't care if I have to download software. As long I can sync that's all that matters.

yep, you can do that after you've got the music off the phone.

Bacon, there's about to be a new n7 released next week. While its totally awesome, id return it and get the new model next week.

As for the music.. Goole play muaic is the most convenient, but there's stuff like double twist to sync.
gonna guess nobody is saying that because we assume that the people buying one now already know the new one is releasing soon and are buying the old one because of the $150 clearance price

kehs

Banned
That white one looks pretty awesome...almost apple like.

gonna guess nobody is saying that because we assume that the people buying one now already know the new one is releasing soon and are buying the old one because of the $150 clearance price

Yea buts that why people hate android dorks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom