• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thespot84

Does this support photosphere? if not then QuickPic is still the king.

it looks like the camera part of it didn't change at all. I installed the samsung gallery/camera in addition just for photosphere and only use it for that. The HDR and the slo-mo in moto's camera is pretty good

satam55

Banned
More new info on Nokia's Android phone:

d6SWNOI.png

xpeV2mx.png

wilflare

my Note 3 is having problems recently.
my Messaging app keeps having the contact names reset to just numbers.
My contacts itself are safe but I have no idea why the Messaging app keeps reseting itself.

mackattk

I'm definitely not happy with t-mobile's service. I have google voice working because i changed my number anyway so if i give it out it will be the google voice number which goes to GV. I think the straight talk uses the at&t towers mixed with t-mobile's so i i'm gonna try it next month.

If that fails i'm gonna just spend the money on a $60 verizon plan.

Depending on what kind of straight talk sim card you have determines the service you will receive. You will Need to get an att sim card to get att service.

tino

Banned
I'm definitely not happy with t-mobile's service. I have google voice working because i changed my number anyway so if i give it out it will be the google voice number which goes to GV. I think the straight talk uses the at&t towers mixed with t-mobile's so i i'm gonna try it next month.

If that fails i'm gonna just spend the money on a $60 verizon plan.

If you are on GV anyway, you can get a 2nd phone to compliment the TMo service, for example Page Plus is 2 cent a minute and uses Verizon signal. I only recommend this to you if you want to save money.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Gotta admit my most hyped thing this year will be whatever the next big Moto device will be aka the Moto X 2 or whatever you want to call it. I can almost guarantee that'll be my next phone. Nobody else in the Android space will be able to compete with that for me personally.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Can someone tell me why powerpoint files are showing up as unusable .bin files?

I'm using a Moto G. Android 4.4.2

How are you accessing said files? Is it just showing up as .bin files in a specific app? Have you tried to see if they have the correct extension using a file manager app?

How are you accessing said files? Is it just showing up as .bin files in a specific app? Have you tried to see if they have the correct extension using a file manager app?

They appear in my downloads folder. I corrected one of them by connecting my phone to my pc, and yet it still shows up as .bin on Android

Is there anyway I can move a powerpoint file from my PC onto my smartphone?

edit - ok, so i guess I had to download the file to my pc, then upload it to google drive, then open it from drive on my phone. what a weird system.

Is there anyway I can move a powerpoint file from my PC onto my smartphone?

edit - ok, so i guess I had to download the file to my pc, then upload it to google drive, then open it from drive on my phone. what a weird system.

You can create power points in drive.

You can setup an auto sync folder on your PC. All your docs auto sync to drive which would make them always be on your phone.

Or ya know.. you can email things to yourself... Like power points... Magic!

satam55

Banned
Looks like Nokia's Android phone is coming:
Nokia schedules February press event as Android rumors persist

By Tom Warren on January 23, 2014 09:28 am

nokiamwc_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg

Nokia is planning to hold a press conference at Mobile World Congress next month. Following its recent financial results released earlier today, the company has started distributing invites to members of the media. The press conference will take place on Monday February 24th, but it's not clear what the company will announce this year. Rumors of a Nokia Android phone, codenamed Normandy, have surfaced several times in recent weeks, and sources at Nokia have revealed to The Verge that the company had been planning to launch the device at Mobile World Congress.

Any potential launch of a Nokia Android phone will likely be halted due to Microsoft’s acquisition of Nokia’s phone business that’s expected to close shortly. We understand that Microsoft is not planning to have a big presence at Mobile World Congress this year, and sources familiar with Microsoft’s plans have revealed to The Verge that Windows Phone 8.1 will be detailed in full at the Build conference in April. A lack of rumored Nokia Windows Phone devices suggests that the company may finally launch Verizon’s Lumia Icon handset. However, it would be unusual for a US-centric device to be introduced in Europe. The Verge will be live from Nokia's Mobile World Congress press event, so stay tuned.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/23/5337720/nokia-mobile-world-congress-2014-press-event

Futureman

what's the current advice for someone on Verizon who wants to keep unlimited data? Is my only option now to buy an unsubsidized phone directly through Verizon??

My contract is up in June 2014. Currently using a G-Nexus with zero issues.

AndyD

aka andydumi
what's the current advice for someone on Verizon who wants to keep unlimited data? Is my only option now to buy an unsubsidized phone directly through Verizon??

There are just a few methods left. If you have another line you can upgrade there, then swap phones. If not, you can get an unsubsidized phone from Verizon or otherwise.

thespot84

Do you really need unlimited? I thought I did, then i actually looked at my usage: 2 gb on average spike to about 4 if i tether a lot. I stream music and do a bunch of stuff in the car...

Now i'm spending $60-$80 depending on usage on a prepaid plan. Ask yourself if you really need it.

Futureman

hmm you are right, I haven't been subscribed to Spotify lately and I've been under 2 GB the past few months.

I still might consider T-Mobile when my contract is up. I also hope that larger iPhone in the Summer rumor pans out, may consider switching.

thespot84

hmm you are right, I haven't been subscribed to Spotify lately and I've been under 2 GB the past few months.

I still might consider T-Mobile when my contract is up. I also hope that larger iPhone in the Summer rumor pans out, may consider switching.

I went to tmo from verizon ulimited, found their coverage to be less than acceptable, and ended up with a $60 at&t go phone plan. it's full LTE speeds, 2gb, unlimted everything else, and an extra gb/mo costs $10. Pretty happy with it so far.

Threi

notag
ok good as long as it's not just me.

Can't access gmail, sync not really working properly, and can't send messages in hangouts group.

ink4n3

I was able to keep mine by swapping the upgrade to a different phone on my plan that didn't have unlimited, upgrading that phone, and then just switching it over to my phone.

The guy at the verizon store knew what I was doing and had no questions. You don't even need that other phone in the store, he just grabbed a new sim from the store, upgraded that, and then popped my old sim back in.

SuperSah

Banned
4.4.2 now slowly rolling out on Note 3 and GS4.

Increases available RAM on Note 3 from 2.38GB to 2.7GB with better RAM management, so Android won't use as much RAM anymore.

And it has a shitload of new things I cannot be bothered to type except lock-screen is much faster and apparently the device is faster. (Can it get any faster?!)

Should be rolled out entirely soon!

3phemeral

Like everyone else said, I used the swap-upgrade method. Only thing is it didn't work for the Moto X when it came down to recognizing the transferred upgrade. I was lucky enough to have 4 people on the family plan, so one of the other lines had an unused upgrade. Otherwise, if you use the Moto maker website, it asks you to re-confirm your Verizon account and once accessed, it fails to acknowledge you transferred.

I activated the Moto X on the other line (which means you have to call them). I then called back and said that they no longer wanted to phone, that it was too fancy for them, so they wanted to go back to their old line. Put my SIM card into it and didn't even have to activate it. SIM was recognized as soon as I turned it on without issue and I still have unlimited.

Need a new phone. Been using a Galaxy S2 and I'm in need of an upgrade and was going to go pick up an LG G2 since it's a $100 off at T-Mobile online. Good decision or is there a another phone to get or one coming out that I should wait for?

ILoveBish

Knock on / knock off.

So jealous of that feature.

My sister has the g2, Knock is incredible. CM11 on my note 2 has double tap status bar to turn off, really nice addition. Double tap to wake can be done, but takes a ton of battery in comparison to how LG implemented it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom