• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

Banned
Only reason the title is 16 gig phones cause everyone is still being fucking cheapass and going with 16 gig stock for their phones. Don't make an excuse.

The chart is basically everyone's current flagship phone, BUT HTC because HTC would fuck the chart up.

Get that weak shit out of here.

LG Optimus G Pro has 32GB, its not even a flagship phone.
Ahhhh so I can buy an SD card using my own money to make up for that 4 gig of bloat? Schweet, I'd forgotten about that. Thanks man.

A 64gb card is 30 bux. Whats wrong with you.

You can easily find a S4 deal 100 cheaper than an iPhone 5s.

DagsJT

What apps are people downloading that take up so much space?! I've probably only got 20 downloaded apps and I imagine they don't take much space at all.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My Note 3 has about 23GB spare after downloading apps. Thank god it has a MicroSD slot.

Based SD cards that allow you to install apps and not have to worry about it.

Wait.

jaydogg691

Going to see how long the Z1s battery last with out a charge and so far it's going above and beyond.

KcMOawb.jpg

kehs

Banned
the One launched at the same price as the other 16GB flagships.

Really? Didn't know that.

---

DOJ going after android pirates.

Both website domains along with Applanet.com were seized on August 21st, 2012 as part of the investigation, which the report says is the first time that the DOJ's power to seize domains has been used to fight mobile piracy.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/0...pirates-with-criminal-copyright-infringement/

More music questions. Sometimes when I move a music folder from my PC to my Moto G's music folder the music ends up getting split into two different folder/playlists in the Google music app. Can anyone tell me why this is?

Don't cherry pick my reply. I asked whats wrong with you. Answer me that first.

What's wrong with me?

Getting a little personal now with the attacks aren't we? Something is wrong with me because I replied that I'd have to pay extra for a micro SD card if I wanted to make up for the 4gb extra "stuff" on a Sammy phone? There's not anything factually incorrect in this statement. I think you need to relax the phone warrior persona Tino.

Go ahead and get one if you'd like. No one here will hold you back.

You lot crack me up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Really? Didn't know that.

Can't exactly remember about off contract, but I seem to remember off contract the HTC One was CHEAPER than the GS4.

On contract in the NA everything flagship always launches at $200 these days that aren't phablets. One was $200 like the rest with 32 gigs stock.

The bigger thing is that consumers aren't outraged by being over charged what costs next to nothing for companies now. 8/16/32 gigs of storage costs next to nothing, but companies always wanna crazy up charge you to get more. There's no reason unless you're say the Moto G (aka selling at the margins) that you shouldn't be 32 gigs stock.

PS: I noticed you are posting again so come back to the hangout! :p

Based SD cards that allow you to install apps and not have to worry about it.

Wait.
back by popular demand, Samsung lets you move apps to SD again on the GN3, GS4, GN2 and GS3.

Can't exactly remember about off contract, but I seem to remember off contract the HTC One was CHEAPER than the GS4.

On contract in the NA everything flagship always launches at $200 these days that aren't phablets. One was $200 like the rest with 32 gigs stock.

The bigger thing is that consumers aren't outraged by being over charged what costs next to nothing for companies now. 8/16/32 gigs of storage costs next to nothing, but companies always wanna crazy up charge you to get more. There's no reason unless you're say the Moto G (aka selling at the margins) that you shouldn't be 32 gigs stock.

PS: I noticed you are posting again so come back to the hangout! :p

yeah, off contract it was $50 less in the USA and was also cheaper in the EU

3phemeral

There's an app called Album Art Grabber that I used a long time ago. It SHOULD be free with ads, but I don't quite remember.

I went through my entire library making sure everything matched once it was uploaded into the cloud - I used a program called Tag Scanner. Really easy to see every possible tag your mp3 has so you can correct mismatches. Even has access to multiple album-art databases, in addition to allowing you to add your own album artwork. You can also have it manage your files and label them using whatever combination of tags you want.

kehs

Banned
um... what do I do? With the songs I just had to make sure they all had the same album artist.

Same thing, just gotta use a program like id3tagit on the computer or a similar app on the phone like mentioned above.

Although I was under the impression that Google music would pull album art for you, at least for display purposes.

I went through my entire library making sure everything matched once it was uploaded into the cloud - I used a program called Tag Scanner. Really easy to see every possible tag your mp3 has so you can correct mismatches. Even has access to multiple album-art databases, in addition to allowing you to add your own album artwork. You can also have it manage your files and label them using whatever combination of tags you want.

I'll have to use that. A few weeks ago, I spent days fixing my iTunes music collection.

3phemeral

I'll have to use that. A few weeks ago, I spent days fixing my iTunes music collection.

The funny thing is that after I finished every single track and customized every album artwork, Google went ahead and released their All Access service. Now when I view by artist, Google uses their own stock image, versus a compilation of the album covers I chose. The custom artwork is still there when you view by album, but I would have preferred to keep my images standard across all sections.

The funny thing is that after I finished every single track and customized every album artwork, Google went ahead and released their All Access service. Now when I view by artist, Google uses their own stock image, versus a compilation of the album covers I chose. The custom artwork is still there when you view by album, but I would have preferred to keep my images standard across all sections.

Ha ha, yeah. That was a bit annoying.

Vanillalite

Was doing a battery test a few days ago on my G2:

Would've liked a bit more. Was aiming for around 5 hours screen time. I have a little juice left, but I don't think I would've made it.

I see you have Bluetooth on in those screens. Maybe that being off could squeeze you a little more juice. Idk…

vdlow

Was doing a battery test a few days ago on my G2:

Would've liked a bit more. Was aiming for around 5 hours screen time. I have a little juice left, but I don't think I would've made it.

If you're rooted you should use Greenify. And there's also Qualcomm's battery saver app, which is worth a try.

Phone companies release these things too often.

They never give devices actual time before they release the next edition.

What you gonna do when the Note 4 drops Sah? Can you afford to upgrade after only one year? Can you afford not to? No self respecting Note owner can be seen with last year's model surely?

ILoveBish

Im still rocking the note 2, running 4.4.2 CM11 and have 0 reasons to upgrade. Its still beyond fantastic of a device. Note 3 wasn't enough of an upgrade, we'll see about the 4.

Vanillalite

If you have the Note 3 and don't upgrade to the Note 4 when it drops then you are admitting to the fact that you are okay with being on Team Zero vs Team Hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom