• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdlow

The Nexus 2 7 inch render.

BPu8PA0CYAAftD_.png:large

Cipherr

One thing that's been annoying me is I can't seem to find a way to scroll all the way to the top like you can do on an iOS device. Is this possible?

Nope. That's an iOS thing. Android doesn't have it.

Battersea Power Station said:
Most people get free phones, so I'm not sure what they're hoping to change.

Last I checked the top selling phones on all the major carriers in the US are generally comprised of phones that are not free. Mainly those that are in the $100 to $200 range on contract renewal.... so yeah its kind of a good goal IMO.

There is plenty worth changing there. Honestly at this point I'm just happy to have more devices that are closer to stock. Between the Nexus line, the Moto lines of the future and the Google Experience models of the biggest flagships, there's plenty more options to go around than before.

Arkanius

Is it still 7 inch?
I want something near the iPad Mini size. After gifting one to my girlfriend, I really prefered that size for PDF reading :/

reKon

Banned
The Nexus 2 7 inch render.

I would also rather have a iPad Mini size screen, but this will have to do. Speaker placement and notification lights look good. I was just thinking about them using the S4 Pro and if they are going with a 1080p screen, battery life will take it hit and may be worse than the current Nexus 7 depending on how efficient Android 4.3 is.

Ephemeris

rumours mostly. That and it's supposedly a price that CHANGES THE GAMEEEEEEE. Considering 300 would be the same as the nexus 4...it really doesn't change shit. So the natural assumption is 199-249 max.

:( I still consider $300 a game changer . Especially if you can buy your carrier version from your carrier's store at the same price as the Play Store.

kehs

Banned
If they're gonna push the nexus 7 as a landscape device I hope to god they do something about the onscreen keys and at least have then stay on the side like on phones.

next up someone will complain about the camera being in a corner and not centered so they don't know which way to hold it...

To be fair, no one uses the Nexus 7 in landscape mode anyways. I don't really care either way but the back definitely looks and probably feels better on the original Nexus 7.

They should really think of a way to clean up the keyboard and soft buttons in landscape mode cause its a joke right now. Should just have a floating split keyboard like the iPad does.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Rumors have stated that you can customize the device, so it'll likely be some sort of Motorola portal (Dell style...).

Not even sure why I asked. It's supposed to be a Rogers exclusive in Canada I believe, so who knows what its online availability will be.

Baconbitz

Banned
Nope. That's an iOS thing. Android doesn't have it.

Last I checked the top selling phones on all the major carriers in the US are generally comprised of phones that are not free. Mainly those that are in the $100 to $200 range on contract renewal.... so yeah its kind of a good goal IMO.

There is plenty worth changing there. Honestly at this point I'm just happy to have more devices that are closer to stock. Between the Nexus line, the Moto lines of the future and the Google Experience models of the biggest flagships, there's plenty more options to go around than before.
There is seriously no app/add on that does that?

To be fair, no one uses the Nexus 7 in landscape mode anyways. I don't really care either way but the back definitely looks and probably feels better on the original Nexus 7.

They should really think of a way to clean up the keyboard and soft buttons in landscape mode cause its a joke right now. Should just have a floating split keyboard like the iPad does.

people use it in landscape all the time.

markot

Banned
stereo speakers... it worked for HTC!

Those are on the front though and rock >.<

Also, is it me is does Samsung have disdain for the tablet market? Srsly, wtf are they smoking...

Their new line has such low res screens, such low specs... its like they... hate us.

Or is it just pure hubris?

Protome

Those are on the front though and rock >.<

Also, is it me is does Samsung have disdain for the tablet market? Srsly, wtf are they smoking...

Their new line has such low res screens, such low specs... its like they... hate us.

Or is it just pure hubris?

Makes them cheaper to manufacture so they can continue to afford to bundle them with phones for a good price?

markot

Banned
But if you go from a samsung tablet to an ipad even for a single use... your gonna feel the difference. And your not gonna have a happy taste in yo mouth.

Protome

But if you go from a samsung tablet to an ipad even for a single use... your gonna feel the difference. And your not gonna have a happy taste in yo mouth.

If your Samsung Tablet came for free with your phone, you're going to give it the benefit of the doubt compared to the high cost of an iPad.

Cipherr

There is seriously no app/add on that does that?

No. Something like that you would want implemented in a OS wide nature. Android doesn't have it.

A few programs have their own version of the go to top gesture.

Sure, you can find some apps that have a version, or maybe even an app that tries to do it system wide, but they will be janky and unequal imitations because one OS does it at its core and the other does not.

I don't understand how every app doesn't just include the button that shows up in Opera to scroll to the top. That would be the best way, besides taking what Apple does.

Husker86

The only saving grace is that Android apps scroll much faster, usually. Except when Samsung tries to match Apple's scrolling speed in their browser. It's no replacement, but I can scroll a 100 post GAF page very quickly (ignoring the fact that there are to the top and to the bottom buttons in mobile GAF).

reKon

Banned
Looks good. If more screen took up the top and bottom bezel and the size was a little wider, it would be perfect. This probably going to be some polycarbonate instead of the rubber material they used last time?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If the X launches at $300, weak. Do people care about being off contract? I feel like there are only a few of us that do. Most just don't care.

tino

Banned
If the X launches at $300, weak. Do people care about being off contract? I feel like there are only a few of us that do. Most just don't care.

You can't take advantage of the off contract price unless you are on TMobile. Other 3 carriers contract price all include the subsidy cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom