• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

BPp-ecxCEAA9R5I.png

This is my next!

Sideloaded 4.3. It's a pretty good upgrade. Love that they made volume buttons camera buttons, the new touch settings are a bit weird to use though.

Cant tell anything about BT, dont use it.

Doopliss

Wrong thread D:

Ah since I already posted I'll go ahead and state my wish list for my next phone, which I'll hopefully purchase before the end of the year:

- 1080p screen, 5" or larger (up to maybe 5.8"), preferably LCD. I love OLED's blacks but the notification bar burn-in on my GS2 is quite prominent now, and if the screen was better quality I expect I'd be frequently annoyed by it.
- Qualcomm S800. Really has to be Qualcomm as devices with their chips are the best supported by CyanogenMod, which I'll almost certainly want to install. It's funny how differently they're viewed now, when two years back they were considered almost an Nvidia-level joke.
- Front-facing stereo speakers would be awesome, but I'm not going to put up with any only-two-hardware-buttons nonsense to get it.

LG G2 look pretty nice right now, would be amazing if that becomes the Nexus 5 as in addition to my high requirements I also happen to be a huge cheapskate.

tino

Banned
How much slower is the CPU in the Meh X compare to the one in Nexus 4?

If it's noticeably slower, then I would believe the $199 rumor. (Also 1500 mah)

reKon

Banned
How much slower is the CPU in the Meh X compare to the one in Nexus 4?

If it's noticeably slower, then I would believe the $199 rumor. (Also 1500 mah)

It's clocked faster than the Nexus 4. The diffence is that it's dual core instead of quad core and this might not matter much because always read how Android and the apps don't really take as much advantage of the quadcore processor. I think the 2 gb of ram is what is importsnt here. This is what we'll be looking at:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/20/first-motorola-x-press-images-hit-the-web/

If the real world performance matches the Nexus 4 at least, then this will be a steal at $300 off contract. It's that there has been all this talk from them suggestion crazy battery only to find that it's 2200mah. I wonder how this will be in android 4.3, and how it will compare to the battery in HTC One, which has been solid.

Update: Moto X scored a 7100 in this test, http://community.futuremark.com/hardware/mobileextreme/

DAT optimization

gcubed

You have to realize that the GPU won't work nearly as hard, the LCD and cpu won't take nearly as much power, etc. A 2200mah battery may end up being pretty good. I'm only worried about what always listening takes up in battery.

You have to realize that the GPU won't work nearly as hard, the LCD and cpu won't take nearly as much power, etc. A 2200mah battery may end up being pretty good. I'm only worried about what always listening takes up in battery.

Wouldn't that always listening thing be based off Google Now? If so i'm sure you can turn it off.

kehs

Banned
Why can't you?

Keep getting errors and windows can't file some files needed for installation or something, I'm too lazy to look into it deeper.

Wouldn't that always listening thing be based off Google Now? If so i'm sure you can turn it off.

I think it's separate from Now, but it can tap into Now if needed.

They probably have additional hardware dedicated to just low power listening so they don't have to turn on the typical system.

Now just show the price and I may possibly be swapping my Nexus 7 for a Nexus 7 2.0 and my Nexus 4 for a Moto X. The HSPA+ lag is so annoying, need my LTE.

Heyyy so the battery is solid. 2200 on an optimized OS, could be good. Definitely not "industry leading" and definitely not the 3000mah I was hoping for but if it really is 200 bucks that's not a bad deal at all.

reKon

Banned
where is this $200 price coming from? It's not going to be $200. I could see $300 for 16GB though and that would still be a steal for a phone like this.

where is this $200 price coming from? It's not going to be $200. I could see $300 for 16GB though and that would still be a steal for a phone like this.
rumours mostly. That and it's supposedly a price that CHANGES THE GAMEEEEEEE. Considering 300 would be the same as the nexus 4...it really doesn't change shit. So the natural assumption is 199-249 max.

Indeed, and at $300, it's a no-sale for me. I will just wait for the N5.

rumours mostly. That and it's supposedly a price that CHANGES THE GAMEEEEEEE. Considering 300 would be the same as the nexus 4...it really doesn't change shit. So the natural assumption is 199-249 max.

Unfortunately, it's made in the US -- and the phones are "custom-built." There will be a premium, unless the Google part of the subsidizes it heavily.

That all said, $200-250 would make this a no-brainer, due to the optimizations, smaller size, customizations and battery life claims.

Guess we'll find out in 10 days. But yeah the size alone interests me. The fact that everything else seems solid is bonus. I wonder how the camera performs. With all the leaks no one has tested that out :p

Arkanius

I know it's slowpokeish

But after straying from HTC after the HTC Hero into the Galaxy S1, S2 and S3...
Returning to HTC with the One is being an orgasm every day I wake and touch my phone.
Damn I love it, everything about it is just right. Fortunately, my HTC had 0 construction flaws, I was afraid of the lottery from all those XDA horror stories.

Snapdragon 600 is pretty good, even with Battery Saving on (Just limiting the top ceiling of the CPU clock) I get awesome performance and fantastic battery life.

On the Moto X:

The phone is nothing new, nor to awe everyone other than the near stock OS. I really wish it is optimized to the bone, and it's priced very low (A bit higher than Nexus 4 for some profit to be made but still have a big market penetration).

I just want someone to dent the marketshare Samsung has, I think they are being cancerous to Android lately...

Baconbitz

Banned
One thing that's been annoying me is I can't seem to find a way to scroll all the way to the top like you can do on an iOS device. Is this possible?

Arkanius

One thing that's been annoying me is I can't seem to find a way to scroll all the way to the top like you can do on an iOS device. Is this possible?

Most apps have a scrollbar on the right edge.
You want something similar to Double Tap no? Android doesnt have one by default per se. Samsung tried to shoehorn it but it failed, miserably

Baconbitz

Banned
Most apps have a scrollbar on the right edge.
You want something similar to Double Tap no? Android doesnt have one by default per se. Samsung tried to shoehorn it but it failed, miserably
I want something similar to touching the top of the screen and it going to the top of the screen.

reKon

Banned
I've been hoping a Nexus 7 leak that that just confirms for sure that I will buy the 32gb version. I know that 1080p screen is very likely, but I'd like to get that confirmation. The biggest thing that was missing with the nexus 7 for me was an hdmi out and they've added that. Hoping that it's, slimmer, has better build quality/quality control, and that the battery life will be at least close to the iPad Mini on wifi (4490 mAh battery). The Nexus 7 2's is about 500 mAh less with a smaller screen, but it's using the S4 Pro, which is efficient, but it's not going to be as efficient as the iPad Mini's A5 on wifi..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom