• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android |OT3| This thread is incompatible with all of your devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thespot84

Anyone else using Muzei? I am endlessly amused with this app. Its the same guy who made Dashclock. It makes your background a different work of art every day. The photo is blurry, but if you double tap it sharpens. It just came out and theres already a bunch of plugins for i.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.muzei

yes. It's amazing. I reported a bug (probably a widespread one) and he fixed it and updated the next day. Great dev.

Halcyon

Anyone else using Muzei? I am endlessly amused with this app. Its the same guy who made Dashclock. It makes your background a different work of art every day. The photo is blurry, but if you double tap it sharpens. It just came out and theres already a bunch of plugins for i.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.muzei

I was using it on my Nexus 7 for a bit but I was sort of uninterested in it after a day. I like to have nerdy stuff as wallpapers(usually batman).

Xperia G

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/1...-8-inch-display-and-8mp-camera-new-pic-leaks/

"Vizileaks has given a few details on the specs. He confirms the slightly smaller-than-Z1-chassis fits a 4.8-inch display (no word on resolution, but as a mid-ranger 720p is likely). He suggests other features to include an 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, LTE, 8GB internal storage and microSD memory card slot."

To add to that, I have a price. $299, £229, €279 offline. Sony's answer to both the Moto G and X. Sucks about the 1GB RAM though, but I suppose 4.4 is better optimised for less RAM. Same size as the Xperia Z so it should have a mega battery. It's this year's Xperia SP.

Spill-proof 'smart' coffee table runs Android on giant touchscreen

• There are two variants of the Multitouch Coffee Table (46 and 32 inches)
  • A smooth and responsive 1080p display that supports up to 60 touch points
  • A powerful 3.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
  • 16GB of RAM
  • 500GB of hard drive
  • And, of course, it’s water-resistant (coffee-resistant).
  • Android 4.1 or Windows 8
  • $6950

Android-coffee-table.jpg

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Biggest thing is while it was always known now companies are now publicly throwing Nvidia under the bus. I just don't see who would ever use an Nvidia chip other than Nvidia themselves.

popeutlal

Biggest thing is while it was always known now companies are now publicly throwing Nvidia under the bus. I just don't see who would ever use an Nvidia chip other than Nvidia themselves.
Asus will still user them, Asus will use anything that's cheap regardless of the quality. Every tablet they've made has the cheapest internals possible.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Interesting how the Google Play apps seem to be going under a redesign. Newsstand, Books, and Music all moved the settings out of the overflow menu and into the sliding drawer menu.

I've always hated the overflow menu. It was my biggest gripe with Music, as it had more than one overflow menu in one screen.

samven582

Xperia G

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/1...-8-inch-display-and-8mp-camera-new-pic-leaks/

"Vizileaks has given a few details on the specs. He confirms the slightly smaller-than-Z1-chassis fits a 4.8-inch display (no word on resolution, but as a mid-ranger 720p is likely). He suggests other features to include an 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, LTE, 8GB internal storage and microSD memory card slot."

To add to that, I have a price. $299, £229, €279 offline. Sony's answer to both the Moto G and X. Sucks about the 1GB RAM though, but I suppose 4.4 is better optimised for less RAM. Same size as the Xperia Z so it should have a mega battery. It's this year's Xperia SP.

is the Z2 coming to the US? If so which carrier? or will it be sold unlocked?

styl3s

So i put in a order for a LG G2 at Sprint earlier and i am picking it up in a couple of hours and i am kind of new to the Android OS, i have played around with the S4 and the G2 and my question is where is a good place to learn about removing bloatware? Do i need to root the device? Are we allowed to talk about rooting here? And are there any accessories or anything i should look into getting? Extended battery case?

So i put in a order for a LG G2 at Sprint earlier and i am picking it up in a couple of hours and i am kind of new to the Android OS, i have played around with the S4 and the G2 and my question is where is a good place to learn about removing bloatware? Do i need to root the device? Are we allowed to talk about rooting here? And are there any accessories or anything i should look into getting? Extended battery case?

To remove bloatware, you'd more than likely have to root it and there are tons of easy ways of going about it. It will void your warranty though, so keep an eye on that.

As for an extended battery case, on the G2, I don't think it's as necessary unless you use your phone constantly.

Mario007

Xperia G

Isn't that about 50 euro too expensive to commpete with the Moto G?

zatara

I've owned a g2 and others here have as well, its battery life is amazing. I own a note 3 now and I'd say the g2 has had better battery life in the time I've owned it compared to my note 3. I never had to worry about battery life with my g2 even if I went out for the day and it wasn't at 100% it still got me through the day. 5+ hours of screen time on a charge was the norm for me.

Firebrand

Is it possible to install an older version of Android / manufacturer bloatware?

I got a Samsung Tab 2 10.1" tablet in September, and when I got it it had the clock in the bottom right, and just tapped it to bring up the notification panel with the toggles for Wi-Fi etc.

Lately I've been nagged to install some system update and eventually I got tired of seeing the popup and agreed. Well, now the clock is at the top right which isn't a problem, but to access the notification panel I now have to do a large swipe-down move (which I often fail to do), instead of simply tapping it. I also for some mysterious reason have a quick-access app panel at the bottom of my homescreen, whatever that would be useful for when I got an entire screen to put apps on. It's like having a giant iPhone, basically.

So, yeah, is there a way to go back, or fix this with some add-on? I don't have root access to the device currently.

Nicktendo86

Is anyone running cm11 on the nexus 4/7 2013? I had cm10 on the galaxy nexus but have been stock on my n4 and n7 but am starting to get a bit bored and itchy flashing fingers. Is cm11 running well?

yyzjohn

Banned
Is there a recommended mail app, or does the android 4.4 version do the job? (Or maybe there's an app rec thread I need to find?)

You're talking about email other than gmail? There's a ton of email apps, my brother in law just uses the built in email app, I've heard others talk about K9 email or something. I'm sure there's an android apps thread somewhere.

Hey, I'm running a Droid 4 right now, but I'm eligible for an upgrade today. The battery is on its last legs and the screen has some issues, so I'm going to head out to Verizon this afternoon.

My primary use for a phone is watching video/listen to podcasts and browsing/posting on forums at work. The prospect of losing my keyboard is terrifying to me, but I have (reluctantly) accepted a future where no quality smartphones with physical keyboards exist. My brother recently got a Moto X and recommends it, but was wondering if the recent sale of Motorola to Lenovo impacts its future at all.

Hey, I'm running a Droid 4 right now, but I'm eligible for an upgrade today. The battery is on its last legs and the screen has some issues, so I'm going to head out to Verizon this afternoon.

My primary use for a phone is watching video/listen to podcasts and browsing/posting on forums at work. The prospect of losing my keyboard is terrifying to me, but I have (reluctantly) accepted a future where no quality smartphones with physical keyboards exist. My brother recently got a Moto X and recommends it, but was wondering if the recent sale of Motorola to Lenovo impacts its future at all.

You are asking a question that no one can answer. We do not know how well support the moto x yet. Lenovo is a decent company and the moto x is an amazing phone.

I ended up picking up the Droid Maxx anyway. From the sound of it, its basically a larger Moto X with a huge battery. It does have more carrier bloat compared to the X, but I've cleaned up as much of that as I could.

potam

Banned
Just picked up a Nexus 5 before work so I can begin testing T-Mobile's network before I cancel my Verizon plan. It's been a while since I've been on Android (GNex)...so what cool shit is there now? I'm far from a power user, but are there any essential/cool utilities I should grab?

Cipherr

Sammobile confirmed Galaxy S5 will have fingerprint reader in the home, button and it will still have hardware buttons! YES!

And everyone will give it a legit chance, then turn it off after 3 months just like touch ID because it fails to work far to often.

Fuck that tech until they can get it consistent.

Nicktendo86

And everyone will give it a legit chance, then turn it off after 3 months just like touch ID because it fails to work far to often.

Fuck that tech until they can get it consistent.
So true, whenever I saw someone with a 5s when it first came out and were using touch ud it would take forever to unlock, now every single person I see use a 5s just has pon code on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom